• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Please pray for my son

Maddog

Male
Please pray for my son Josh, 23 years old, has just been diagnosed with cancer on the lungs. A large tumor 18cm is described as a germ cell cancer. It normally responds well to chemo with 80% success rate. Thankyou.
Jack Smith
AKA Maddog

Mr. Smith,
We'll keep you in our prayers. The blessings of Yahuweh be upon your son, you, and your family as you witness His power in healing and delivering.

As mentioned else where, I have prayed and will continue to do so. I will also ask our folks at church tonight to pray.

"Lord we ask you right now to give grace in this matter. Lord you are sovereign and we know you control all things. We do not demand anything of you but we ask with humility that you use supernatural, natural, and medical means or a combination of all three to bring healing. May you give comfort and strength to the family in this time and may they relax and have peace as they trust you. In Christ's name I pray, Amen."

Thankyou all for interceding for someone you only know by mention. Gods family is very large but God is larger. Blessings, Jack

Maddog,

Is there any update that you can give us on your son?

Many of us are praying regarding your difficult situation.

Grace and peace to you and your family in Christ Jesus our LORD!

Maddog,

Just wanted tolet you know that I will join the list of people who are going to be praying for your son and also your family. THings of this nature can be tough on everyone but with God's helping handle you and your family will overcome this.

God Bless,

James

More Texas prayers are arising. Keep us informed, please.

Thankyou to my new friends here on BF. Josh is still quite ill but his tumor has decreased in size to that of about a grapefruit. Apparently still inoperable because it takes up so much of his lungs and removal requires removing a substantial amount of lung tissue which in turn would be permanent disability. So the Chemo continues and so also the narcotics and bitterness of heart. I have been told "Dont call us, we'll call you". Ouch but I go on, still praying. Again, Thankyou, Thankyou!
Jack

I'm so sorry for your son. It's hard to know the right things to say and do when a child (no matter what the age) is involved. My mom is taking chemo every week too. All the waiting is hard to deal with but that's all we can do. Praying for strength and understanding for all of us.

Will be praying for your son. Have you heard of the Gerson Institute? Do a google search and watch a free movie on Hulu @ www.hulu.com/the-gerson-miracle

Remember "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28!

Update on my son: Josh is back again in ICU with breathing issues and the docs found out that the tumor has instead grown after four rounds of chemo. It has begun to protrude through the ribcage causing severe pain. The pain management has not been adequate. He is scheduled to go to Cancer Care Alliance for radiation in addition to chemo. With all this he is only partly lucid and talks on his phone to literally no one, but apparently has quite the conversation. Please continue dear Biblical Families friends to lift up Joshua Smith of Bothell, Washington to our Heavenly Father- He knows the rest I'm sure.
You have my unending gratitude for doing so,
Jack

I am and will be praying for him and will ask our church to pray as well. My wife lost three family members in two years to various cancers, and we know the pain and frustration involved. May God bless you and yours with patience, strength and overwhelming peace in this time of great difficulty.

-Will

To all my friends on BF, Thankyou for your heartfelt prayers on behalf of my son Joshua. Joshua passed away on Labor Day, Sept 5. He was 25. Not married, no children. He is survived by his mother, two brothers, a sister, myself and my wife and an innumerable company of other family and friends. I am blessed by having you all as a backdrop of warriors in prayer. Please continue for a season as the Holy Spirit reminds to pray for his mother Patty who was the primary caregiver during his final days, and myself as I(we) live this grieving process. I have lost any more words for prayer as I don't presume to know anymore God's will or desire or direction. Love on your children for an extra 5 minutes tonite, even your grown ones.
Love you all,
Maddog, AKA Jack Smith

I am so sorry, Jack. Heaven is richer for Joshua's arrival. We will continue lifting you and yours up before the throne.

Back