• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygamy.com - be aware this is a Muslim site

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
There is a new polygamous dating site, polygamy.com, that started this year, based in the UK. I have not used it, I don't know whether it will be successful or not, but it has been getting some mainstream media coverage.

Be aware that this has been established by a Muslim man, as a sister-site to the Muslim-specific dating site secondwife.com. Polygamy.com is his way of reaching out to the secular world to normalise polygamy, from the perspective of a Muslim wishing to encourage the West to accept Islam. This does not necessarily mean that polygamy.com should never be used, but it is a very important point to be aware of for anybody considering using the website.

Thanks for the heads up. Make sure you let us know if you see any specific Islamic slants. If it's set up purely secularly though, but allows for matching by religion (more than just Islam anyway), it still might be a good thing.

The same company has also started the monogamous website gomarry.com, so there are now a suite of three complimentary sites:
Monogamous marriage: gomarry.com
Polygamy: polygamy.com
Muslim polygamy: secondwife.com

The company behind these sites is interestingly called "Rivers of Honey Ltd", and is based in Dubai.

There is a new polygamous dating site, polygamy.com, that started this year, based in the UK. I have not used it, I don't know whether it will be successful or not, but it has been getting some mainstream media coverage.

Be aware that this has been established by a Muslim man, as a sister-site to the Muslim-specific dating site secondwife.com. Polygamy.com is his way of reaching out to the secular world to normalise polygamy, from the perspective of a Muslim wishing to encourage the West to accept Islam. This does not necessarily mean that polygamy.com should never be used, but it is a very important point to be aware of for anybody considering using the website.
This is good to know. I am on that site. They do have a mixture of different faiths but I have had several Muslim men send me messages. I always let them know I am Christian and looking for someone I am equally yoked with. They seem to respect me for it and don't give me any issues.

Back