• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygamy in Church?

LDremoved

Seasoned Member
Female
What do Polygamist families do for Church?

It's well known that Churches do not accept Polygamy. As a single person hoping to join a Polygamist family, I have concerns about finding a Church to attend if I do find a family.

We have a home fellowship which includes another couple by phone.
As an over-the-road truck driver, I am virtually away all the time. So I am on the phone also.

It's well known that Churches do not accept Polygamy. As a single person hoping to join a Polygamist family, I have concerns about finding a Church to attend if I do find a family.
Before my family was removed from our church, we led music a few weeks a month and I taught about once a month. Now we play and sing together and I read the scripture to my family at home. My wife Leslie sings and plays keyboard, my wife lara also sings and can play some keyboard and I can play guitar, bass, and drums. Our biggest difference is we have moved our worship day to saturday, which I had been praying about for quite some time for God to help make it work for us to do so. We also have a weekly bible study with a good friend of mine. When my dad comes over we spend most of our time discussing the scripture. We are praying that God will add to our home group 😊.

Before my family was removed from our church, we led music a few weeks a month and I taught about once a month. Now we play and sing together and I read the scripture to my family at home. My wife Leslie sings and plays keyboard, my wife lara also sings and can play some keyboard and I can play guitar, bass, and drums. Our biggest difference is we have moved our worship day to saturday, which I had been praying about for quite some time for God to help make it work for us to do so. We also have a weekly bible study with a good friend of mine. When my dad comes over we spend most of our time discussing the scripture. We are praying that God will add to our home group 😊.
I'm sorry that you were removed from your Church. I can imagine that is devastating for some. It's great that you're all so talented and can worship at home though. I'll pray you find others to join you as well!

As you probably won't find shocking, this is a topic that gets discussed regularly around here -- and at in-person gatherings. @NickF made a great recommendation just earlier today that is an echo of many others asserting it over the years: consider reading Frank Viola's book Pagan Christianity. Most learn that it has a tendency to become an either/or, but Viola helps one get past the Churchianity teaching that makes people feel guilty if they don't have a 'church' they can attend where everyone can beat them up about recognizing the full message of Scripture. We're also currently in the midst of just such a discussion on another thread: https://biblicalfamilies.org/forum/threads/and-jesus-said-to-them-“i-ask-you.16099/post-234293

We left organized 'church' years before we understood polygyny. I was a pastor and became convicted of the feasts of the Lord, then Sabbath (saturday) worship. My denomination removed me from the pulpit.. interestingly, Yah had been drawing my heart toward home fellowship for a year before we got the boot.

Today, we've helped lead a home fellowship for nearly a decade. We currently have six or seven frequent families, average Shabbat has 30+ peeps including children. Typical shabbat includes music, Scripture discussion, food, fellowship, fun. All but one family in our fellowship agrees with and accepts polygyny as biblical truth and are open to a second wife, though currently we do not have anyone living this truth. About half of our fellowship is coning to the retreat next month...

There are solid Bible believing fellowships and churches that accept poly, but you won't find it advertised on the marquee. Most are quiet home fellowships. Pray that Yah directs your steps....

I'm sorry that you were removed from your Church. I can imagine that is devastating for some. It's great that you're all so talented and can worship at home though. I'll pray you find others to join you as well!
Thanks, but I'm not sorry about that. I was growing further and further from the standard church doctrine and I was very grieved by pagan practices of the church, I thank God that He set me apart, and that He showed grace and mercy to me in my ignorance.

Hey shalom, I would like to make a recommendation, look into messianic Judaism. Yet all the Bible is about is a relationship but you will find this to be a little more in line with the Bible. Any questions I'll be glad to help. Shalom

It's well known that Churches do not accept Polygamy.
I can tell you with certainty that the United Church of Christ doesn't complain about polygamy. But then you have to deal with all of their heresies and apostasies which is why our congregation left the UCC. Now we still meet as a church body but without a name.

Like the UCC I imagine there are a lot of churches that quietly accept poly. They don't make a big deal about it but they just accept it.

Anyone want to start the long list of churches that quietly accept poly?

LOL!! That would kind of be like outing the chuirches that used to be quietly pro-gay.
Publishing it sounds like a very fast way to shorten that list.
I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you about there being a correlation between the quietly pro-gay and the quietly pro-poly. The churches that have turned out to be anywhere from accepting of homosexuality to openly promoting it have been liberalized along those lines since at least the early 1970s. There is nothing like that going on in churches related to polygamy. Churches are more likely to be 'cool' about swinging and other forms of structureless polyamory than they are to be quietly supportive of polygyny. For one thing, they have become feministized. Secondly, don't forget the thing I've explained about how the sexual revolution was destroyed by a marriage between hardcore anti-sexual mostly-lesbian feminism and hardcore anti-sexual religious fundamentalism that solidified itself in the late 1980s. The only thing that will turn that around is straight-up loud-ass civil war that fights back against it, and I don't see the liberal churches going against their feminist masters or the fundamentalist churches going against their sexuality-despising old biddies.

When I wrote,

Anyone want to start the long list of churches that quietly accept poly?

I was being 100% facetious. There will be no long list. Isaiah 4:1 will beat that one to the punch. Yes, the UCC is tolerant of poly -- but only because they want to continue to own the distinction of being the one branch of Christianity that won't turn away any paying members. To them we can add the Amish, who do quietly practice polygyny, some of the Mennonites, and many of the Hebrew Roots folks, and that's the whole list of quiet poly-accepters. Which, what, must in total constitute about .5% of Christendom?

As a movement, poly had a window, and no one tangibly stepped into the breach of that window to demand that the world accept us -- and that window was immediately in the wake of the legalization of gay marriage. Unfortunately, the majority of poly promoters were too busy needing to prove how opposed they still were to gay marriage to jump on that particular bandwagon (predicted by Jonathan Turley, no less), and into the vacuum stepped up the Total Clown Show Sexual Freakazoid Train we've been dealing with ever since. And polygyny just isn't any kind of logical extension of transgenderism.

I'm not asserting we shouldn't stand tall. I 100% promote standing tall -- I was just introducing the topic into my group of election integrity compatriots today -- we have every right to be proud of what we believe in. But at the same time I think it's counterproductive to use wishing and hoping strategies, and The Church is not Our Friend; they are instead The Enemy, and they will use every ounce of their antichrist spirit to destroy us if we let them. They will not quietly support us from the sidelines giving us symbolic fist bumps. They always have their double-secret handshakes, and they never involve men shaking hands simultaneously with two women.

With the scandals that seem to come out of the USA, there are some church leaders who are quietly poly. But it doesn't stay quiet.
And, unfortunately, scandals very rarely translate into anything productive for the nonscandalous.

I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you about there being a correlation between the quietly pro-gay and the quietly pro-poly. The churches that have turned out to be anywhere from accepting of homosexuality to openly promoting it have been liberalized along those lines since at least the early 1970s.

Beat me to it. Tonnes of churches have been beating the mo drum forever.

I have a hard time finding a church that even possesses the True Gospel. If I had numerous wives I'd definitely try to attend a gospel believing church even if they were strictly monogamist. Attend until kicked out and only act defensively. I would treat the polygyny topic the same as I would treat a brethren who only ate vegetables.

Back