• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygamy in the News again

GivenMercy

Real Person
At the bottom of this article there is a link for "What's Your Take on Polygamy?"

Obviously, I believe the woman in this article & those who believe in polyamorous relationships are wrong -- but, the 'debate' going on is quite interesting (I don't believe in those who are being judgmental in a hateful way, either, though). I am at work so ran out of time reading these responses - will have to look again at home. (In just 30 min the pages of replies went from 12 to 22!!)

Anyway, the media has broght the topic to the forefront once again...............

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29239960/?GT1=43001

Shari

Nikki,

I agree with you that the subject of the article was way off. In no way do we here at Biblical Families endorse that view, because, frankly, it is not biblical. However, what I found very interesting were the over 3000 posts from various perspectives on the entire issue.

One thing is for sure: this topic stirs up TREMENDOUS passions.

Blessings,

Doc

One thing is for sure: this topic stirs up TREMENDOUS passions.

If I had the patience for it, Doc, I'd be interested to see what the actual statistics are.

But, based on a cursory sample (until I got bored with the repetition), it certainly seems that the comments were based 99% solely on OPINION. The number that even knew what the Bible actually has to say about the situation is probably less than 1%... :shock:

Agreed....mainly opinion, but it is a good guage to see what people are thinking out there.

Blessings,

Back