• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Possible 2012 Locations

Doc

Real Person
This is a spin off of the thread for West Coast 2012. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other regional locations, too.

Some suggestions I have;

Minnesota (maybe summer/fall 2012): seems like a lot of families are popping up there
Ohio: lots of connections in place there
Tennessee: this would draw from the midwest and southeast

In picking locations, we try to think of those areas that haven't had a retreat, but that would still draw a minimum of 10 families. If it seems like we repeat some locations, we only do that because they turn out to be convenient locations for folks.

Some more ideas for 2012:

Another ladie's retreat (lots of positive feedback on that)
A men's retreat (guys only: I promise no sitting naked chanting around a bonfire with a 'talking stick')

Our emphasis in 2012 will focus more on the fellowship, community and connections, so in thinking about locations, those items will be considered.

Any ideas, thoughts, brainstorms, considerations, challenges, or what-not?

Blessings

Doc

Eureka springs Arkansas. They have alot of beautiful places to see. Many hotels with lots of room. Multiple shops its like a tiny branson,mo. They have caves lots of family fun along with The Great Passion Play. Its a great tourist town. I believe that there are 2 really big hotels with multiple rooms for different events as well. Also, lots of tours ect.. If you need anymore info just email me at Cheyennegrace11@yahoo.com I would be willing to help get a retreat this way, we could use a bit of spicing up down this way. Plus I think there are a few families here in Mo Ark Kansas Oklahoma Tenn Georgia its very centrally located.

I like last year's MO location (even though I couldn't make it last time).
Also Houston, TX if there are enough families down there.

We are in northeast Ohio if something was within 6 hours of us we would most likely come. Would Indianapolis IN, Lexington KY or Huntington WV draw much of a crowd?

Fairlight said:
Los Angeles and/or surrounding environs :)

BFLA 2012 !!!!

Calling all those in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

BFLA 2012 !!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What, Doc? No drum-and-loincloth? No sweat lodges? No throw down of the gauntlet? :eek: Good gravy, man, what kind of a men's retreat are you actually envisioning? :lol: :lol:

Chaplains Rose and I think the suggestion posted some time back about a cruise would be a good one for the fellowship. though New Orleans is closer to us, I think Mobile would be the best spot for it would be a central location for those from Texas to Florida and points north. Lots of interstate roads lead that way as well as some airlines. ...................Now if you wish dry land Northern Arkansas, southern Mo or even Tenn would work up in the smokies. I think where the ladies went for their retreat would be a good place, Families could make a mini vacation out of it.Hech I would like to make a vacation out of it myself. I always enjoyed Branson..................... All I ask as i have in the past is to let me know way ahead of time so that i can try and get off to go if need be. It is not as easy for me to get off as it is for a lot of you because of were I work. Just asking!

I know that the year end / New Years retreat is fixing to get under way in several days. Was just checking to see if there has been any discussion at all about the various suggestions for 2012. I am already getting ready to start having to mark down vacation in the next couple of weeks for 2012. So a heads up on something would be nice. Vacation for next fall ( Oct ) is already book and planned if I can get the days I want so that leaves this spring. I already have some plans made but can change them if I know soon enough. Chaplains Rose and I can go if the dates fall when I am already home but need to know some time in the near future for I have several Civil War re-enactments this spring and this fall. I would like to try and make a vacation out of this if possible.......Just asking

Would really like to see one in Denver, Colorado or Colorado Springs!! I don't believe there has ever been one in Colorado, but I am sure there are plenty of people here and many more that would love the beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains!

we are in houston would love to help out..also galveston island in the summer is a great place to host a retreat..30 mins from houston airport decent beach etc..

Of the locations already listed Tennessee would be good for us. There are some lovely cabins etc in the mountains there. also a cruise sounds lovely too. just putting in my 2 cents

I vote for Atlanta. :)

Don't know how I bumped into this and you may have already explored the site, but if not, then this might be an interesting central location.
http://www.tsmcv.org/ Near the intersection of 40/75 and not too too far from the Knoxville TN airport.

Btw, has anyone else noticed that the Retreat dates posted on the front page are a week different from those posted on the actual detail page? Which set of dates is correct?
Thanks!

chris said:
Btw, has anyone else noticed that the Retreat dates posted on the front page are a week different from those posted on the actual detail page? Which set of dates is correct?
Thanks!

Weekend of Aug 12. AND the site is fixed. (Isn't it?)

CecilW said:
Weekend of Aug 12. AND the site is fixed. (Isn't it?)
it better dadgum be, i dun put the deposit down on the room fer der nuptuals ;)

i think that certain women intend to report on their perusal of said site, ahem :)

Earlier in April, my beautiful sister wife to be, (SWTB) TN Dreamer and I got to check out the place where the retreat as well as the wedding is going to be held, and we had a grand time doing it.

The site is actually the private property of a delightful couple, and is located right on the edge of a lake formed years ago by the TVA. It is beautiful if not a bit worn. These guys are long on heart and short on help! The meeting room is comfy, and adjacent to the kitchen/dining area. There is a room upstairs above the meeting room which will work for kids' activities.

You need to bring your own linens, pillows, towels, sleeping bags, etc, just like a regular camp of old rather than a hotel. The rooms are adequate, the 3/4 bathrooms a bit small, but will certainly do.

There is a gym, which we didn't get a chance to check out, and a volleyball net. I would, if I were a parent bringing kids, bring some games and things for activites. There is a big field where baseball could be played, although August in TN is proly going to be squarely considered "Dog Days," meaning all you'll want to do is stay on the porch and pant with your water bowl hopefully close by....

Lots of trails, most leading to the lake, and horseback riding is available a few miles down the road. The lodge where the wedding is going to be is just right--enough rustic and enough lovely to get the knot tied, have some great eats and fellowship, and finish off the retreat.

My SWTB, TNDreamer and I are all pretty jazzed about this summer's festivities. Hope you and yours can join us!
To bring Him pleasure and help others to do the same

You are always welcome in my home. We would love to put a face with that wonderful radio voice and wisdom from the Lord and His Word. Please forward a list of allergies, preferences, and desired accommodations for me to ignore, LOL

Back