• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Possible Locale For West Coast Retreat

Dina_95901

Real Person
Part 2 - I'm sorry and I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but.....

There's always San Francisco.

The airfare flying into SF is far cheaper than flying into Los Angeles. The deals that can be found in decent/nice Hotels in safe, friendly areas of the city are amazing. Almost all of them offer large meeting/conference rooms - several hotels offer multiple meeting/conference rooms. It's not known for being a 'conservative' vacation destination but that's when we as adults and parents decide WHERE & WHAT we expose ourselves and families to. Just like Los Angeles or Las Vegas (which I also love) is divided into districts which are easily divided and avoided. It's a City *RICH* in History, *many* things to do that are exciting, educational and FREE. Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge is exhilarating - and Free. Visiting Lombard Street (the steep, winding, residential street is fun - and FREE.) The famous Pier 39 can occupy and stimulate your senses - sight (art vendors, street performers, carnival rides, sea lions sun bathing on floating piers,) smells (fresh funnel cakes, popped kettle corn, cotton candy, the fresh food being cooked by street vendors, bistros and restaurants -unbelievable overload,) tastes (in addition to all the good stuff listed that your nose would love-imagine tasting them, some of the finest wines representing local wineries in Napa & Mendocino...they do offer tastings if you choose to partake, the FRESHEST seafood available as it's served the day it was caught,) audible (TALENTED street musicians playing their violins, 5 mins later a trombone, guitars, even trios and bands - and Im speaking actually worthy of attention, vocalists, the sounds that naturally accommodate children on a carousel which we all love - LAUGHTER!) Touch/Tactile (there are a couple of museums which encourage the touching of things-these are Marine destinations which are offer educational experiences for kids, on Pier 39 that sell bazillions (I know it's not a real word ;) ) that have bins and bins of sharks teeth, star fish, etc... and lots of things they may not otherwise have the opportunity to explore depending on the region they live in. As many concerns as one may present regarding SF that are 100% valid... there are extreme alternatives available and easy ways to avoid those concerns by way of networking some tips amongst each other and those who have been guests of The City and 'figuredand out 1st hand' LOL how to maneuver our time and routes to avoid certain concerns. It's just a possibility and surprisingly.....an AFFORDABLE one. Now with the new online negotiating/competition between hotels....they are ecstatic when they see a Group considering a stay, especially when they know you're shopping for the best rate, in an appropriate family-friendly district, hopefully within walking distance to one of the group events.

The *most* important thing to remember is this time period revolves around the RETREAT itself. All of the extras I listed are just ideas for those who may come a little early or stay a little late. The lower airfare is a perk but please remember it can get VERY WINDY AND COLD depending on the time of year...and its still windy because you're right in the Bay.

OK, There's another idea for West Coast.

Hi Dina, we did a west coast retreat in Davis, CA last year (right outside San Fran). Phoenix and Las Vegas have been locations as well. :) -Tara

Nathan has some great connections in SFO...so that might be a real possibility...

Doc

Back