• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"Post Fulfillment" Effect on Levitical Laws?(who's eligible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadeduck58

Hi All,

Just some fellow Maine folk here that need Scriptural assistance on Leviticus 18 & 20, as well as Deuteronomy.

We do understand the truth about dangerous Bloodline Marriages, and will never deny the unending curse God has instilled in our flesh towards such unions (even though Abraham himself was thought to have a common father with Sarah), and especially on any sinful underage child relations of any form,,, but we wondered if the rest of the hodgepodge Levitical list was still in effect?

After us being questioned recently, on the motivation of these Old Testament Laws, I can see how they were compiled over time by the Priests of those days, to settle tribe disputes!

We are of like mind in wanting only what God wants in our lives, and pray for your spirit led sharing and understandings of these Levitical Laws; especially on their authority now, in The “Post Fulfillment” Era, through Christ Jesus...

Here are some “New Testament Scriptures” that we have been gleaning, and welcome any fellow believers’ prayerful assistance to examine these (in light of the Old Testament laws)....

“So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But faith coming, we are no longer under a trainer.” (Gal 3:24-25)

“Do not think that I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to destroy but to fulfill.” (Mat 5:17)

“For Christ (the Messiah) is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone who believes.” (Rom 10:4)

“because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law is the knowledge of sin.” (Rom 3:20)

“Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works of the Law.” (Rom 3:28)

Friends, we honestly do not wish to debate anyone, but just to humbly have another heart assist us in discerning “true obedience to our Lord”; and hopefully to be better prepared the next time we are approached on this subject.

God Bless you as you Serve Him,

wadeduck58

(BF note of interest; Leviticus 20:10 forbids a woman to take any man other than her one husband and for a man to take any wife of his fellow. This double standard fit the biblical polygynous culture of ancient Israel, yet most Churches are blind to the obviousness)

PS
By any chance, has anyone heard of any Bible Believing Congregations, formed here in Maine, that accept Christian Polygyny Scriptures?
We sure would like to attend an area church that doesn't reject Biblical Truth, for modern Dogma... That is our prayers at least, but we do totally understand if such a place is not in this world...

Re: "Post Fulfillment" Effect on Levitical Laws?(who's eligi

Hi Wade,
I can give you my take on the matter, but hopefully I can keep it short. This is one of those subjects that can really get into a lot of detail on many different nooks and crannies of the subject. It is also one of those subjects that is as old as the assembly of believers (i.e. church) since Messiah physically walked the earth. So I will give you where I stand, and why I do, and leave it at that.

The word of Yahuweh to me is one that is ever-relevant, continuous, non-contradictory, fulfilling, educational, inspirational, etc. Given the amount of controversy, debate, and disagreement that there has been over this subject, it would really help to begin with the one who died for us and showed us the example of how to live: Yahushua (aka Jesus).

Ask yourself whether or not He would have kept the Torah and the Levitical laws. The obvious answer to everyone is, yes, He would have and did. We know this because we know that sin is transgression of the Torah (1 John 3:4) and seeing as how Yahushua was a perfect and sinless sacrifice for our sins, we know that He never broke any part of the Torah.

Then ask yourself if we should also imitate the example that Yahushua left to us. Again, the answer is yes. Yahushua was an example for us (1 Peter 2:21, 1 John 2:6) and we should imitate Yahushua (1 Corinthians 11:1).

And that is our basis for understanding scripture. We should imitate and be like Yahushua who set an example for us. So if our Messiah followed Torah, we should also. So now that we have our basis and our standard for understanding scripture we then know that anything that contradicts Yahushua, His teachings, or His example is contradicting scripture. A lot of times it is WE who have to adjust to Messiah and I am culprit number 1. The Apostle Sha'ul (Paul/Saul) wrote to the Corinthians that the Torah will always rule over men. (Romans 7:1) Yahuweh's word is eternal. Apostle Sha'ul even goes on to say that the Torah is Holy (Romans 7:12). Faith is great, faith is required, but James says that faith without works is dead (James 2:12).

There are many misunderstandings about scripture and how Messiah and Torah fit together. But we know that we should imitate Yahushua and Yahushua kept the Torah. You cannot be saved by just the Torah without Yahushua. Otherwise Yahushua wasted His time. But that does not mean that the blessings of Torah are not to be enjoyed today. Yahuweh wants to bless us. Do we want to open the doors for those blessings?

Just my take on the matter. Take care and Shalom!

Jas 1:25 But he that looked into the perfect Torah, that of freedom,1 and continues in it, not becoming a hearer that forgets, but a doer of work, this one shall be blessed in his doing of the Torah.
Jas 2:12 So speak and so do as those who are to be judged by a Torah of freedom.

I will be watching this thread with interest, as it's something I need to learn more about myself. However I'll comment on one point.
wadeduck58 said:
After us being questioned recently, on the motivation of these Old Testament Laws, I can see how they were compiled over time by the Priests of those days, to settle tribe disputes;
Don't dismiss ANY part of scripture as just being compiled by men to serve a temporary purpose.
2 Timothy 3:16-17: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
These laws did not originate from men, but from God (although men recorded them), and must be considered very carefully, like all scripture, as potentially applying to our lives unless there is a very good scriptural reason that they do not. Thanks The Duke Of Marshall, lots to think about there.

The Gospels show Jesus challenging the laws often, “but always for the sake of loving one another.”

Matt. 15:1-3, Matthew 15:11, Mark 2:18-20, Mark 7:15, Mark 14:25, Luke 6:1-4, Luke 11:37-38, John 5:8-11, John 8:4-11 (my favorite:), to name a few...

For if the Laws were perfect, we would all be condemned, and have had no need of His Work on the cross to perfect it...

James 2:8-9

“If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.”

Jesus knew that ancient law codes were not "fixed" and absolute in the same sense as our modern laws of government, but were rather didactic in nature, and often we forget the fact that Jesus, as God's representative (God Himself in the flesh), was perfectly free to clarify any law and was also the one best qualified to interpret it through love (according to His workings, the law of liberty).

Eph 1:3-6

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ; according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He has made us accepted in the One having been loved.”

He justified us folks, because the laws had us “dead in our trespasses and sins”... He freed us!

(I truly believe Mark 12:29-31 to be the simplest form of the Law of Liberty, and how I answered the original "Who's eligible" question, NOT DEBATING the obvious bloodline and underage restrictions... Please let me know if I am mistaken friends)

Mark 12:29-31

“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”

Please don’t get me wrong folks, the scriptures are not a matter of contention or debate in my heart, as I totally confess and admit my sight is far from perfect(ed)...

James 1:23-25

“For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

... I simply hope and pray we can all put our glimpses of His Righteousness together, ignore the fuzziness we were born with, and grow closer, as we clearly see different parts of One Truth:)

James 2:12

“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.”

Please all, keep showing us what you see of this Law of Liberty, as it is valuable to know what we miss… Just like how the gospel accounts vary somewhat, we need each other to see the whole message!

I thank you honestly and deeply for your help Brothers,

wadeduck58

I do not really see Yahushua as contradicting or going against His own Father's word seeing as how that was what proved Him to be a righteous, worthy, and perfect sacrifice for our sins. But I do appreciate you putting forth the way you see things.

Take care and Shalom!

Mark 12:29-31
“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”
and even this simplified "law of liberty" is impossible for me to maintain. the Law shows me how badly i fail to live up to His wishes.

wadeduck
The first reference that came to my mind happens to be in your list. John 8 and the story of the adulterous woman.
The law / Torah required stoning if a woman was caught in adultery not if her husband only suspected her of adultery.
Jesus didn't challenge the law itself but rather the penalty for breaking the law. Let me explain, I believe that we in society generally call all of the law, the law. However, in reality what we call "the law" actually consists of multiple parts. The first is the rule or the actual law. In this case, don't commit adultery. The penalty for breaking the law was stoning if caught in the act. Since stoning is the penalty of the breaking the law, rather than the law itself Jesus did indeed keep the law. He did modify the penalty.
From this we can then proceed to say that Jesus did indeed follow all of the laws in the Torah and we should strive for that as well. As to the penalties, however, it would seem that the penalties themselves are more likely to be determined by the ruling authority.
Would appreciate Cecil, Steve, Duke, and others chiming in.

did he modify the penalty?
it looks to me like he questioned the rightousness of the ones who would carry out the penalty.
why did he not condemn her? could it be that since he was not a witness, that he had no eligability under the law in the matter?

ananias and sapphira's fate does not seem to support the idea of penalty modification in th n.t.

forgiveness existed in the o.t. also. king david was the biggest beneficiary that comes to mind.

I don't think he changed the penalty, but he did show mercy. The just penalty, what she deserved, was stoning. But he instead gave her a chance to repent and avoid the penalty, provided she didn't do it again.

In the same way, we all justly deserve death, but can receive mercy if we repent.

wadeduck58 said:
We do understand the truth about dangerous Bloodline Marriages, and will never deny the unending curse God has instilled in our flesh towards such unions (even though Abraham himself was thought to have a common father with Sarah), and especially on any sinful underage child relations of any form, but we wondered if the rest of the hodgepodge Levitical list was still in effect?

After us being questioned recently, on the motivation of these Old Testament Laws, I can see how they were compiled over time by the Priests of those days, to settle tribe disputes!

We are of like mind in wanting only what God wants in our lives, and pray for your spirit led sharing and understandings of these Levitical Laws; especially on their authority now, in The “Post Fulfillment” Era, through Christ Jesus...

I do have to apologize folks for not being clear enough about how many different types of laws, commandments, and practices there were in the Old Testament (many shall be relevant forever, like the Ten Commandments; and if you think about it Mark 12:29-31 is just a simplified "but not lesser" version of the Ten Commandments), but some of the different laws required Jesus' modification and correction, if nothing else more than just changing the payment method...

Here are the different types of OT Laws for reference, because not all laws were created for the same purpose:

Ceremonial Law: This type of law relates to Israel's worship. (one example is Lev 1:1-13) The laws pointed forward to Jesus Christ and were no longer necessary after Jesus' death and resurrection. Though we are no longer bound to them, the principles behind the ceremonial laws, that is to worship and love God, still apply.

Civil Law: This law dictated Israel's daily living (one example is Deut 24:10-11); but modern society and culture are so radically different that some of these guidelines cannot be followed specifically. The principles behind the commands are used to guide our conduct.

Moral Law: The moral laws are direct commands of God. A good example are the Ten Commandments (Ex 20:1-17). The moral laws reveal the nature and will of God, and still apply to us today. We do not obey this moral law as a way to obtain salvation, but to live in ways pleasing to God.

The Duke Of Marshall said:
The word of Yahuweh to me is one that is ever-relevant, continuous, non-contradictory, fulfilling, educational, inspirational, etc. Given the amount of controversy, debate, and disagreement that there has been over this subject, it would really help to begin with the one who died for us and showed us the example of how to live: Yahushua (aka Jesus).
Ask yourself whether or not He would have kept the Torah and the Levitical laws.

I know where your heart is Brother... God has given you much wisdom!

chris said:
The first reference that came to my mind happens to be in your list. John 8 and the story of the adulterous woman. Since stoning is the penalty of the breaking the law, rather than the law itself Jesus did indeed keep the law. He did modify the penalty. As to the penalties, however, it would seem that the penalties themselves are more likely to be determined by the ruling authority.

Isn't it awesome how the same Comforter lives in the hearts of so many, all around the world, and has the same verses coming up in our thoughts!

FollowingHim said:
These laws did not originate from men, but from God (although men recorded them), and must be considered very carefully, like all scripture, as potentially applying to our lives unless there is a very good scriptural reason that they do not.

So true Brother... I thank you for this confirmation!

wadeduck58 said:
Here are some “New Testament Scriptures” that we have been gleaning, and welcome any fellow believers’ prayerful assistance to examine these (in light of the Old Testament laws)....

“So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But faith coming, we are no longer under a trainer.” (Gal 3:24-25)

“Do not think that I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to destroy but to fulfill.” (Mat 5:17)

“For Christ (the Messiah) is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone who believes.” (Rom 10:4)

“because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law is the knowledge of sin.” (Rom 3:20)

“Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works of the Law.” (Rom 3:28)

Friends, we honestly do not wish to debate anyone, but just to humbly have another heart assist us in discerning “true obedience to our Lord”; and hopefully to be better prepared the next time we are approached on this subject.

Once again folks, I do not want to downplay any intent for God having me live a life that is pleasing to Him, it’s just understanding what applies now that Jesus has come and set things straight!

This is where I have to focus on what kind of intent God had in His Scriptures, “by looking at what kind of old testament law it was”, and does it still apply to His Purpose for my life (and my neighbor's) today…

Is it something as simple as a person choosing to eat pork or not?

According to the OT ceremonial laws, those who eat pork would be guilty of violating the law…

(and to share about us; we are vegetarians, but have nothing against our brothers who eat meat!)

Does the punishment still apply?

Would this be a message God wants us to burden our neighbors with today?

Wouldn’t the answer really be based in what type of law it was, and its intent?

See why I need my answers to be clear on this question of “Post Fulfillment - Who’s Eligible to Marry”.

I strive to simply represent Our Lord to His Good Pleasure, speak His Words, and love my neighbor as myself…

And for that, "I truly thank all who have responded, for letting Him speak through you" , and pray you will continue to bless me as you have.

Humbly,

Wadeduck58
(one flesh in spirit)

According to the OT ceremonial laws, those who eat pork would be guilty of violating the law…
Does the punishment still apply?
really? there was a punishment for eating unclean meats?
could you tell me where that is found?

steve said:
really? there was a punishment for eating unclean meats? could you tell me where that is found?

I realize that this is off the original topic, “Post Fulfillment - Who’s Eligible to Marry”, but I welcome your questions friend:)

Did you know that Judaism believes that asking questions and welcoming questions is a necessary part of education and growth?

But even more interesting… Did you know that Judaism is not a religion of blind obedience, and in this religion of 613 documented commandments, there is no Hebrew word that means “to obey”?

Did you know that some rules and punishments were derived from the Oral Torah, the Talmud and Rabbinic laws, as well as the first five books of the Bible?

Judaism is a faith based on asking questions, sometimes deep and difficult ones that seem to shake the very foundations of faith itself. “Shall the Judge of all the earth not do justice?” asked Abraham. “Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people?” asked Moses. “Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease?” asked Jeremiah.

You are in good company my Friend, and I hope that God answers all your concerns…

but be forewarned;

like “The Rich Young Ruler” in Matthew 19:16-30, Mark 10:17-31, Luke 18:18-27,

be careful that your questions don’t lead you on a rabbit trail, turning your obedience of understandings into the purpose for life…

----------------------------------

I welcome you on your journey of questions friend, with a story of my childhood, and hope you find my answers to be kosher:)

When I was a young child, I had a friend named Lyle… I thought that his family must have been the richest family in my entire town, because they had two complete and separate kitchens in one house. (are you curious why?)

(A bit of background first…)
My Grandparents had shortened our German family name long ago from originally ending with “mann”… This was due to the prejudices against Germans here in the U.S., rising from World War 1 & 2…

( back to the story)

I was somewhat accepted by Lyle’s family, because my last name ended with “man”, but his family did not know my heritage or religious background.
(Can you see where I am leading?)

While making breakfast one day, Lyle and I decided to use the other “presently vacant” kitchen at his house, so that we could share our favorite breakfast meals with each other, and learn more about our differences and up bringing… without his parents knowing!
(Do you see a problem arising?)

Lyle shared fried matzo and I shared a cheese omelet recipe with home made Prosciutto, a homemade meat that my friend Mark Visco gave me, after trying for the first time days earlier…

Well, after Lyle’s parents found out what we had cooked in one of their two kitchens, I was then questioned politely as to my knowledge of dietary laws (just like the questions you have for me Friend)…

His parents called my parents, and after what seemed like an eternity, the whole heritage issues of our two families were uncovered, and the innocence of our actions was accepted!

(But there still had to be some sort of correction for the laws broken; a payment for the defiling of their traditions)

The Viselmans offered to drive me home and were very kind to my parents… They gave my mother their entire kitchen full of pots and pans, cooking utensils, and even the dishes we used, and asked my parents if they could find someone who could use them!

Can you find the answers why everything had to leave their house, that was used in our adventurous meal?

Or even why they had two kitchens in the first place?

If you do, you will understand a small portion of the extent of discipline required by the Jewish Faith, and it is very deep and fascinating; but is that really what you want to know?

I encourage you friend to seek your answers that are important to you, and not to go astray from subjects of importance in your life!

Please let us know what you find for your answers Friend,

Shalom my brother

alrighty, then

have a nice day

for anyone who may be interested;

i do not see a penalty in scripture for eating unclean meat, what i see is a condition caused by eating unclean meat. that condition being that the violator becomes unclean. (there was a procedure that involved an immersion bath and sundown to ameliorate the condition. sometimes a time factor was involved.)

let me illustrate it this way: when i was a kid my father painted the picnic table. he told us not to touch it because it was still wet.
can you see where this is going? ;)
when it was touched and came off on the hand, the dirty hand was a condition, not a punishment. the punishment started a few seconds after my father removed his belt.

the biggest penalty that i am aware of that involved the unclean condition was when the appointed priest entered the holy of holies (an occurance that happened only once in a given year) in an unclean state. YHWH did not mess around, the man was struck dead for his presumptousness. for this reason a rope was tied to the ankle so that the body could be pulled out if he did not make it.
since cleansing was done before sundown the priest could not just wash up quckly, to ensure his success, immediatly prior to entering the hoh. he had to avoid contact with anything that would make him unclean all night. because of the possibility of a nocturnal emission (semen caused uncleanness) he and some fellow priests would pull an all-nighter and stay awake to ensure his safety.
the penalty was for approaching the Almighty in an unclean state.

wadeduck58 said:

I think it quite important to note that some of these passages discuss the use and extent of the Law. The Law is not a means of justification for us, and so we understand that many of these passages directly relate not to when, where, or to whom the Law applies, but rather that righteousness is attained by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, not by works of the flesh or the Law. The Law showed us what sin is, and sin is transgression of the Law. So when we consider whether some portions of the Law of Moses is for us today, we need to look also at the character revealed of both God and the relationship of Israel and all those who were justified by faith even before the Law was given.

On the issue of fellowship in Maine.....

We thoroughly enjoyed our time together yesterday both at the park and in our home. We hope to continue to have fellowship together, and I now have some more in depth answers to your questions after prayerfully considering a few things and getting counsel from some more learned and experienced brethren. Give me a call or drop an email and we will get together soon.

AMEN, well said. Thank you for the well explained use of the Law in the current era. Considering Paul's epistle to the Galatians was what brought this truth to life for me. They were seeing the life of the spirit come through the instruction of the Law, they were saved by grace through faith and not works. The Law shows us much of God's character and morals for living, and therefore the God that never changes is not now nor will He ever condone beastiality nor any other thing condemned in the moral law.

If anyone has any insight into why they were not to use cotton/poly blends I would love to hear it :lol:

Wow... So much confirmation, I thank you deeply Friends!

You have heard that it was said to the ancients, "You shall not commit adultery."
But I say to you that whoever looks on a (married) woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Very well put, that the moral standards (and not the letter of the law) are now set by God as in Matthew 5:28…

And how God looks at the intent of the heart of each of us, as Paul happily stated by who endorsed him, in 1st Timothy 1:12

The overall purpose appeared that “we should not be deceived” by seeking the Law’s (unfulfilled) righteousness for our lives! (as the Rich Young Ruler did in Matthew 19:16-30; Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30)

Sadly, I believe these are the rich young ruler’s (and some of our) Incomplete Understandings:

(Matthew 19:16) He thought Jesus to be just a Good Master

(Matthew 19:16) He thought he could do 'good things' to inherit eternal life

(Matthew 19:20) He thought he kept the commandments according to God's Will...

Jesus tried to point to “The Truth” and correct his (and our) heart(s):

(Matthew 19:17) He showed his incomplete understandings of the laws purpose ('there is none good but One)

(Matthew 19:17) He gave him an impossible task, to reveal The Truth ('keep the commandments')

(Mark 10:21) Jesus loved him enough to examine his heart “according to the spirit” (that is well past the simple observances of laws)

(Matthew 19:19) That The Lord's focus was “Love”, as it was sadly left out of the original Ten Commandments ('love thy neighbor as thyself')

(I Tim 6:9, Matthew 19:21) Jesus (not the law) exposed the Rich Young Rulers real disobedience, 'love of money…

Now, by “His Completeness” (Love), we all are Truly guided, examined and judged!

I personally thank God that He works with us, according to His Good Pleasure, and that I do not have to walk away in sorrow (Mark 10:22)

As a Gentile I knew that the Old Testament Laws were made and designed exclusively for the Jews... I thank Him so much that He perfected His Purpose, and included us where the law excluded us... Where the law failed us, He succeeded! :)

Ephesians 2:14-15
“For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,”

Please keep blessing me brothers with your revelations of His Truth, as we truly need each other to help see more of the whole picture…

1 Corinthians 13:12-13
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

God Bless you all as you serve Him,

wadeduck58

Our family's deepest apologies to this forum and its users

We have been made aware that several individuals do not wish to see this question continue in your forums, and that they are now in judgment of our motives.

I do agree in part that "in some points I shamefully assumed that the reader would automatically exclude such topics for consideration on marriage, such as child relations, incest, and beastiality"... That is, once again, my error for assuming anything, and I am deeply sorry!

We started to post here at Biblical Families after seeing Scarecrow’s humble signature at the bottom of each post…

“You are required to believe, to preach, and to teach what the Bible says is true, not what you want the Bible to say is true.” (R.C. Sproul)

Nevertheless;

“The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects.” (C.S. Lewis)

Our motivation has always been to rejoice in The Lord with every thought and breath, without contention, and to never, ever be a stumbling stone!

Again, Our Deepest and Sincerest Apologies for offending our brothers :(

“May God Bless you all, as you serve Him friends”

[Moderator, please feel free to remove this thread (if you feel it to be of no benefit), as we willingly concede]

Wadeduck58, I have no idea what you are talking about with people not wanting to see this issue discussed. This is a very critical issue that NEEDS to be discussed. If we are scared to discuss anything then we are not truly trying to learn about God and follow Him.

On the other hand, this is a controversial issue, and I am sure that there are many people who disagree with your views. That is certainly not the same as saying that it should not be discussed at all.

There's nothing wrong with this thread. There'll be plenty of statements IN it that are wrong, but that goes for every debate on any subject anywhere (whenever two people disagree, at least one of them must be at least partially wrong). It is up to the reader to sift through and find which positions appear most solidly backed by scripture, and believe those.

I believe this was a misunderstanding between wadeduck58 and myself. We had their family over the other day and enjoyed their fellowship immensely. I am concerned for the privacy and protection of all our brothers and sisters on this forum. Out of respect for the privacy of others, I cautioned our brother to keep that in mind, as we are here for the edification and encouragement of all in accordance with God's Word. My counsel was not intended to tell anyone to stop discussion of this topic. Thank you all for understanding. ~Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back