• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for healing

Please pray for a speedy healing. I was bitten by a spider of some sort and from what the doctor said it looks like that I was bitten while I was asleep and probably scratched the bite which started an infection. The bite is in a very bad area and is very painful. I am on antibiotics and pain medication.

Liz

I will add that to the list...be careful with that bite...I know a gal from Indiana that was bitten by a brown recluse and it wasn't diagnosed right away and got pretty bad before the doctor realized what had happened...and she is a Nurse. She had an exterminator come and he found some sort of nest with numerous brown recluse spiders in her cupboard, I was unaware that they would group together like that.

I am praying for your speedy recovery and will continue to pray for healing and also that the pain would not be so great. God Bless.

ouch, nasty
we will be prayin

Thank you all for your prayers it is healing and the pain is starting to die down some but I still have a while to go before I am done with antibiotics and so forth.
Liz

Hello Liz,
How is the healing process going? You are in our prayers.

This may be a little off topic, but several years ago, we lived quite a ways off the grid and there was a certain type of spider that came out in droves during the summer. Many times we were bit at night. The children would wake up with their eyelids swelled shut or just huge swelling at the bite location. One time I woke with a bite on my hand and it swelled so much that I could hardly bend my fingers. Well, we could not travel to town very often, and no one we talked to seemed to know anything. So we began to pray. We are believers in the fact that God has provided everything on the earth that we need, so we knew He had provided a way for us to deal with these spider bites. We started to look at the different herbs and plants that surrounded our little cabin, which was mostly Green Alder. We did a little research and found that the leaves from the male Green Alder bush could be made into a poultice and could be used to reduce swelling. It worked perfectly. We applied the poultice and the swelling left in a matter of hours, sometimes much faster. The pain left with the swelling and movement quickly returned. Of course we also would check the beds for spiders before bedtime too. I know that this is different from your situation, but I just thought I would share this experience.

The healing process is going rather well. I am on antibiotics and am taking them as the doctor prescribed them and I am just doing what I am told. I have been checking before going to sleep though to be safe. I am now dealing with the headaches though that surround taking the antibiotics and they are giving me massive headaches. I pray that the headaches begin to subside soon.
Liz

Hi Liz, I am just catching up on what is going on and I was horrified to read about your spider bite. I can handle most critters but spiders really give me the creeps. I work at a vet clinic during the week and one of my co-workers was bitten on the neck by a spider. Fortunately, it only left a small red mark, but it prompted us to go on a spider hunt. We discovered that the entire outer perimeter was infested with these huge white and black spiders. We have been spraying a lot and knocking down webs but there are still more. I have to confess that while I am generally opposed killing, I am not sad to see these spiders go.

Hopefully your headaches will subside, unfortunately, I do not know if you have any green alder in Ohio, but I know that it really worked for us. We will continue to pray for your recovery.

Toni

Thanks for all the prayers. The bite is looking better but is still rather red and as long as it is red the doctor says that we keep taking meds and I so sick of meds. I am wanting to be done and over with already. I can handle any creature but a spider.

Back