• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray for Sara and baby

ChrisM

Sara came into our room at home an hour ago. She thinks her water broke, and she continues to leak every time she allows herself to relax or attempts to go to the bathroom. Being our 5th child, I take her seriously when she says things about this. As our 2nd son died during labor, we often have a hard time at this point, but the Lord always strengthens us! Sara is only 30 weeks along, so we do not want baby born now, as many complications would come with such an early birth. No emergencies, no contractions, so even if this is her water leaking she may just go on antibiotics and be sent home on bed rest.

With Joshua's delivery, her water broke and the hospital said it had not. They sent us home and 7 days later he was stillborn. The coroner said he died of an infection, likely introduced 7 days prior and that her water had surely broken when we said it had. Lawyers and other tried to convince us to sue as even the nurses at the hospital admitted that their error had caused his death. The whole thing was covered up and the paperwork mysteriously disappeared that would have been incriminating. We don't believe God would be honored by suing and we have peace that no matter how man intervenes, God is still in control and our son is with Him in glory.

Please pray for us, and we will update as things progress.

I will be praying Mark.

Even if it is her waters, did you know that the waters will reform, even after being lost? The human body is truly amazing!

I am so very sorry to hear of your son that passed away. What an awful thing to happen. I agree that suing would not have been the way to go.

This must be a very difficult and stressful time for Sara. I feel a bit useless that all I can do is pray but God is powerful and He will provide what you need. I believe I was meant to come on here right now and see this as I clicked on BF accidentally (was actually trying to find out the magnitude of the earthquake we just had!). I am about to head out for the day and would not have seen this until much later so now I can pray while out and about!

Good luck.

I understand what you are going through, because we have been there. My wife's water broke at 18 weeks while we where milking one evening. I made her come to the house and stay in bed. We don't go to the doctor until it is something I can't handle. Anyway she made it to 29 weeks and went in to labor and I knew I couldn't keep this baby alive without some help so off to the hospital we went. I now have a wonderful daughter that is 13 years old and out riding horses as I type this. Anything is possible with faith!!!!!!! Just watch what those doctors want to do and don't be afraid to tell them no.

I will pray for you.

Dairyfarmer

We just got home. Though Sara is still pretty sure it is her water, it is a gradual leak which happens at times to her. Small leaks often heal up again, but care must be used to not introduce infection and be sure that the amniotic fluid level does not get too low. Tomorrow we will go on for an ultrasound to check that fluid level. They did a few tests of urine, fluid and such and believe that it would be a small leak but not a large concern. We agree with this but are using caution especially as Sara had group B strep which killed Joshua when left untreated. Our midwife was thorough and explained everything before she did it. She is a different midwife than we have used before but in the same office. For now, I have put Sara on bedrest and told the kids to step up their help a few notches. We will have boost her immune system with food and supplements and continue to monitor things and go in again if we feel that need.

Sara and I have both felt for some time that this pregnancy will not reach full term, but that the baby and her will be fine. We know that keeping in close fellowship with the Lord often leads us to know things that even the doctors cannot understand or diagnose and know that the Lord is giving us peace as we walk in faith and obey Him at all turns. Thanks for the prayer and thanks for sharing your story. Headed to bed, as I have to be up in 6 hours for work. Good night, all!

Please know that you are being mentioned in prayer, for all your concerns. Glad to have you as a friend, my brother.

Doc

Praying here. Thank you for your wonderful example of trusting when life seems so scary and unsure. It is good to be reminded that life is NEVER scary to our Almighty Creator!

I wish Sara and the baby all the best. I was so worried yesterday when I read it but I am very glad to hear she is back home and I am thinking of you all.

B
x

we are praying for all-ya-all. stay curled up in the Father's lap.

Things are going well, but she is still very uncomfortable. We have an appointment Wednesday and will try to post info then. Will also post to this thread if other issues occur. Thanks for praying, it has been a stressful week overall but the Lord is good and gives grace abundantly!

Hi there,
May the Father wrap Sara, the baby, and all of your family up in His arms today as He continues knitting and weaving His plan for you all...
--Kelly Deanne

Back