• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pray it turns out okay :(

Yiska

Real Person
Female
Okay I know I can post this in prayer request and it would been seen more but I feel this is where it needs to be. As a mom one of the hardest things to do is to tell your kids something or someone they love has died. Our 4 month old puppy died yesterday. The older two kids were here so they are processing it well they saw him get sick and they saw us trying to help him. Our 4 year old is not here this week so he saw none of it. We go to pick him up Sunday please pray that he deals well with the news the puppy Elijah was his "best bud"

Well he came back yesterday. I told him as we were driving (which was hard!) I simply told him Elijah won't be there when we get home he asked why so I told him well bubby he went to heaven with Sissy Crystal. He cried for about 2 minutes then he asked me to tell him stories about the family members that he knows that died. And he said Mommy I was crying because I got sad and I miss Crystal and Elijah.

Well, I can sympathise with this more than I wish I could. We've lost two pet lambs in the last few days. One belonged to our 3 - nearly 4 - year old. He really isn't taking it well and finding it super hard to process. He didn't see her dead, and that's made it far more difficult. When the second one died that belonged to our 5 year old, we got him to choose a spot and help bury her so he's processed it much better. There haven't been any tears, but there's been a lot of sadness, a lot of talking, and a lot of cuddles.

Back