• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer and Practical Help

I dont know if there is a way but I am thinking I need to filter through some of my posts. Anyone know how to do this? @FollowingHim is there some sort of admin change you can make to allow me to at least edit older posts? Right now it aeems i can only edit stuff made 2 days ago.

I dont know if there is a way but I am thinking I need to filter through some of my posts. Anyone know how to do this? @FollowingHim is there some sort of admin change you can make to allow me to at least edit older posts? Right now it aeems i can only edit stuff made 2 days ago.
Message Andrew or Samuel directly. They can help with that. A screen name change might be in order too.

Can easily change your screen name as an immediate step. Just say what you want the new name to be.

I think I've also overridden the restriction on editing old posts for you specifically, so you should be able to edit anything. If that doesn't work, tell me, I haven't tested what I just did...

In my state at least, it is relatively simple. I mean this is all my understanding from my study, i wont have legal counsel until tomorrow, but basically a divorce can be served to either party with no real requirement (they can claim anything as a reason) and the other person has to sign it in which case they go through proceedings and determine the split, or not sign it, in which case the judge rules basically whatever the person filing wants.

As to a restraining order... technically it is a protective order. Yeah i have no idea what on earth they would have said, as I have never been physical or abusive with her whereas she has with me a lot. I wont really know the actual reason until the sheriff shows up and hands me the papers, and then i will post again on here asap.
Thanks for that info. Like I said, I'm so sorry. I'll refrain from discussing what I think about the system there...

Also, if you're worried about her being manipulated into this by others and potentially being in an unsafe situation, you've got a perfect opportunity now to discuss this with the sheriff. Ask him in for a coffee if he's got time and share your concerns with him. Even if he thinks you're immoral, he'll be able to recognise that many men have affairs and even that doesn't necessarily result in immediate restraining orders and inability to see children, most people manage to work through these issues. Say you're worried about her and see if he can shed any light on the matter, or if he can't say anything he might look into it himself.

Even if that does nothing, it can't hurt your case to show you're willing to be completely up-front with the sheriff and aren't trying to hide anything dodgy.

How on earth did she get a restraining order? I'm very confused. I guess in America they're easy to get? Here it's not easy, it's a difficult process and you have to really prove that that person would physically hurt you. Is she saying that you would hurt her?

Our judicial system does not follow logic or justice. Not any more.

Hi all

Quick update.

I met with a lawyer yesterday who was very helpful and encouraging but I do not have the money right now to pay for retainer. I am looking for work but, in the meantime, if you guys know anyone or anywhere I can ask for aid, please pass it on.

Right now I am crashing a friend's house about 2 hours away from my home, so i need to find somewhere closer to stay long term.

Last edited:
Not sure what county (I am assuming OK state, if not same for any state) you are in but understanding the court rules and procedures is important. Look up your state or country legal aid system for help. This all takes time. A petition for divorce has to be filed, then motions and counter motions, discovery, then hearings set. More than likely a hearing for mediation. 20, 30 and 40 day responses for each step depending on the court rules. Takes a really long time (and lawyers like it that way). By the way, never think your lawyer is your friend. He is in it for the money.

Interesting that the protective order was not issued along with temporary custody order. If you do anything, figure a way to take care of your child full time. Whoever ends up with temporary custody, ends up with full custody. If you don't get temporary custody, fight for joint custodial and visitation rights. Women always win in family court. Bested you can do is hold onto your child as much as possible. Parents leading a divorce for thier daughter is the worse kind. Pretty sure they will have unlimited funds.

http://tulsacountydistrictcourt.org/files/Family_Court_Instruction_Packet_Minor_Children_Barcus.pdf

https://oklaw.org/issues/family/divorce

Sorry to be so harsh but family court is not a game and it has nothing to do with family.

Friendly advice not legal advice.

Also, not sure if your state is a No Fault Divorce state, but if it is then it won't matter about your religious belief in the divorce proceedings. However, it will matter in determining child custody. They wll use it against you in the frame of "harm to the child". One thing to be aware of is that child support will be awarded to the custodial parent. If it ends up not being you, they will base the calculations on minimum wage if you don't have a job, or worse case scenario, they will calculate it on your potential income ability.

My question would be were is your second in all this or did I miss something. In my mind, I'm wondering, what if you went all in, established your life with your second, created a home with her and proved it is stable and loving for a child. At some point a guardian et litum should get involved and maybe you could show that you can provide a stable home for you child. Not at all sure if that would work and know it's a great risk, just thought i world throw it out there.

Not legal advice.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can, either through words or actions (or simply inaction?) my love and care for her?

I see wisdom in your combined approach of (a) being prepared for the legal onslaught that can be unleashed upon you by the Behemoth of the State, and (b) standing firm in your willingness to re-embrace your wife should she come to her senses. You will only stab your soul in the back if you turn your back on her and treat her as an enemy. I know many would advise going to Def Con 7 to maintain contact with your child, but what they're failing to consider is the toll that it takes on children to be cannon fodder for a War of the Roses. It becomes a lose:lose proposition. Your adherence to God's Will and His Love for us all led you to seek a plural family. Don't lose sight of that. Be prepared, but stay firmly planted in the love God planted in your heart for this woman. If nothing else, it will be good practice for how you will treat others as your life goes forward.

I also recommend to anyone in these circumstances to make an effort to reach out to Constitutional Attorney Jonathan Turley. He represented the Sister Wives folks all the way until the case was thrown out by the US Supreme Court due to their not having any standing, because no one had ever tried to stop them from doing anything other than get additional marriage licenses.

You would have standing if you are told in any form that you could lose your child because of being involved in polygamy.

Back