• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for a child and family

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Our neighbors youngest daughter is going in for a c cection tomorrow. The Drs are giving the baby boy very little chance of survival. He has Hydrocephelous (not sure if I spelled it right...but it's water on the brain) and they have said it is too severe for them to do anything. His head is too large to be born normally (according to the drs).
If anyone feels led to pray for them, they would very much appreciate it. They are Christians, and are leaning on the Lord through this, but it is hard to lose a child/grandchild.
Many thanks, Jolene

What a sad time for the family. Although we know that if the child doesn't make it he will be with Jesus, it is very hard for the family. Their fear and grief must be so intense. I will add them to my prayers today.

SweetLissa

Well, I just heard today that she was able to take the baby home from the hospital on Sunday. Now the Drs are saying he might live for as long as six weeks. This is sort of bittersweet for them, they get to spend some time, but they don't know how long it will be.
Thank you for the prayers.

God is going to hear the prayers of that mother! I will be praying for them. I believe that the Lord can heal that baby if it is part of His will for that family.

The dr's should have been able to place a shunt in his little head to release the pressure I would think.. each situation is different I know.

Will certainly pray for healing and strength for mom and dad.

The family is still spending all the time they can with their precious boy. He is 13 days old now and hanging in there.
Thank you for the prayers.

Today when our boys went to the store they saw this little guy there with his mother. He is still hanging in there, and though some days seem to be harder for him then others, he has already lived longer theneven ethe most optimistic Drs expected.
I just thought you might appreciate an update.

Jolene

It has been a long time since I updated anyone on how things have gone for this family. They have all had a rough year of it, with the little guy living far beyond anyone's expectations. That has put the family into a different set of challenges. Being home bound for a long time, because he cannot go into a car seat. Having to deal with hospice for much longer then expected, and not knowing how this will all turn out.
Continued prayers are appreciated for the entire family (as there is a lot of extended family that have been supporting them too). We know that God knows their needs, but prayer for understanding, or some of that perseverance scarecrow was writing about in the best of the forums might be in order.

Many thanks to all who do read and pray.

Jolene

How wonderful to read this! That the wee boy is still with his family! Too often the doctors don't actually have a clue about what's going to happen. Sadly, many have abortions because they believe the doctors when in actual fact the child would've been fine or would have lived for a few years at least.

What a wonderful miracle is happening here! This child and his family will be in my prayers now. Hopefully life can become a little easier for them soon.

Back