• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayer for a Good Outcome

southernphotini

Female
I'm in a position where I'm considering becoming a second wife. It's a big decision. My church won't support it, some family and friends won't support it, and I don't even want to think about how people at work would react.

But the first wife is having second thoughts, and all I can do is sit and wait and pray. Just see what happens.

I have a lot of hope and prayer invested in this. I really want it to work out but God knows best.

It is a big step for all involved. Even if the first wife is positive about it there is adjusting to do. As a first wife you cannot give your sw what you had, and you have to be OK with everything changing as there is no way it can't. If you love that other woman, and accept that change will happen, you can accept and appreciate it. ....but I can understand how it could be very unsettling.

If the first wife wants to talk ...I'm just 8 months in and remember some of those stages.

I pray you all are led in His will as you contemplate a future together.

Praying for your situation, that however it works out, it will be for Yah’s glory.

Back