• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer for second's job review

DeathIsNotTheEnd

Real Person
Male
Without going into a ton of details...

My friend is a resident doctor at a nearby hospital about halfway through residency. Yesterday she was approached by her coordinator that apparently some of the hospital staff were unhappy with how she does things and had complained to her managers...which normally wouldnt be an issue except thay she also did poorly on her last in-service exam (basically a test to see how you have maintained information from medical school). She has another exam coming up this year at the end of February and has been told that if she doesnt do well on it she will be considered for remediation at best and possibly being dropped from the program :(

If that were to happen of course I would take care of her, but it would still be a major blow to our finances and we have been supporting her parents who recently lost their jobs with that money :(

TLDR, everyone suffers if she doesnt do well on her next employee test, and she is feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. I have been trying to reassure her and give worst-case scenario solutions (Ill still provide for her after all, it isnt the end of the world), but she is now also dealing with the knowledge that some of her coworkers apparently think poorly of her, and so on.

Please pray for this situation. Pray for her heart, that God would speak assurance of her identity as His daughter to her and give her peace. That He would soften the hearts of her superiors and use this to refine her as a doctor, not fire her. And that the test would go well and God would give me the words to say and foresight in planning to take care of her so that she is not bearing this alone.

Last edited:
Without going into a ton of details...

My second wife is a resident doctor at a nearby hospital about halfway through residency. Yesterday she was approached by her coordinator that apparently some of the hospital staff were unhappy with how she does things and had complained to her managers...which normally wouldnt be an issue except thay she also did poorly on her last in-service exam (basically a test to see how you have maintained information from medical school). She has another exam coming up this year at the end of February and has been told that if she doesnt do well on it she will be considered for remediation at best and possibly being dropped from the program :(

If that were to happen of course I would take care of her, but it would still be a major blow to our finances and we have been supporting her parents who recently lost their jobs with that money :(

TLDR, everyone suffers if she doesnt do well on her next employee test, and she is feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. I have been trying to reassure her and give worst-case scenario solutions (Ill still provide for her after all, it isnt the end of the world), but she is now also dealing with the knowledge that some of her coworkers apparently think poorly of her, and so on.

Please pray for this situation. Pray for her heart, that God would speak assurance of her identity as His daughter to her and give her peace. That He would soften the hearts of her superiors and use this to refine her as a doctor, not fire her. And that the test would go well and God would give me the words to say and foresight in planning to take care of her so that she is not bearing this alone.
I will be praying for you guys

Prayers

Praying for you all and especially your aspiring doctor. May Abba guide and bless.

Back