• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer needed in MO

julieb

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
For those of you who were at the Springfield, MO retreat summer of 2013, you might have talked with Marc Christopher. He emailed me with a much needed prayer request for his health:

I'm writing to request prayers from fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I need
healing! I am growing more concerned over a health problem that appears to
be getting worse. I have been in prayer over the matter. I had presented my
case to two different doctors, one ordered a CT scan. Initially, I was glad
to hear that the images from the CT scan looked favorable. However, my body
is telling a different story. I have asked for prayer in the local church
bodies that I have attended. Sadly, they seem lifeless and devoid of the
presence of God.

Please take some time and lift him and his family in prayer.

Praying!

I'll add you, your family, and your physicians to my daily prayer time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do as well.

Thank you Julieb for posting my prayer request. I Thank each and everyone of you who offered up prayer on my behalf.

Oreslag mentioned praying for the physicians. Great idea! Why didn't I think of that???

All your prayers have made a real difference. The doctor I saw last week was pretty well convinced my symptoms were stress related. I felt he could only arrive at such a conclusion by dismissing some significant information. It hadn't occurred to me to pray for him. I believe as a result all prayer, this doctor has since had a change of heart. He contacted me earlier this week to inform me that he was referring me to another doctor ( appointment made for 8-28-14 ). Also, yesterday, I experienced some change for the good. I needed that break!

Please keep up your prayers,
Marc4life

So good to hear that Marc!

marc4life said:
All your prayers have made a real difference. The doctor I saw last week was pretty well convinced my symptoms were stress related. I felt he could only arrive at such a conclusion by dismissing some significant information. It hadn't occurred to me to pray for him. I believe as a result all prayer, this doctor has since had a change of heart. He contacted me earlier this week to inform me that he was referring me to another doctor ( appointment made for 8-28-14 ). Also, yesterday, I experienced some change for the good. I needed that break!

Please keep up your prayers,
Marc4life

Glad to hear he's getting you a second opinion. I'd suggest though you not discount the negative health effects stress can have on the body. They can be quite severe.

Agree with UntoldGlory, there may be some truth in the stress diagnosis. The mind can have real physical effects on the body, can cause real pain. It doesn't mean that what you are feeling is not real and "all in your head", rather it means that the cause of the real symptoms you are experiencing may be psychological. You need to identify the correct cause in order to treat it, so don't discount possible causes just because you don't like the sound of them. Consider everything seriously. I speak as someone who has rushed another person to hospital over serious physical pain that turned out to actually have a psychological cause, much to the patient's surprise. The brain is as real as any other part of the body.

julieb wrote: "For those of you who were at the Springfield, MO retreat summer of 2013 ..."

Not sure how I missed out on the retreat in Missouri in the summer of 2013. I would have enjoyed participating for at least part of the retreat, had I known about it. I did have some issues I was going through a year ago--had my arm in a sling for several months. Thankful that I am now pretty much back to normal again. Also thankful that a friend is hosting house meetings on a regular basis to minister to the faithful. I'm glad to hold up my brothers and sisters in prayer, whatever the need may be. I'm praying for Marc.

dreamer,
Thanks for your prayers.

I attended the 2013 Biblical Families retreat in Missouri, and enjoyed the fellowship and personal testimonies, and a delicious meal as well. I missed the summer retreat in Tenn. I hear it was second to none.

You made mention of some families gathering for fellowship in Missouri. I would like to know more about it.

Back