• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request for my sister

Cindy

Female
hey everyone I have a prayer request for you. Last Friday I received a call from my sister to meet her in the ER. she went in for some right sided pain but a CT scan showed a mass that originated on her left ovary spanning the width of her abdomen. They told us it was 30cm x 30cm. Her CA-125 was also elevated 3 times the high end of normal. She has her appointment with an oncologist at the James cancer institute at Ohio state wexner and she is having surgery the 18th. We have about 4 different scenarios of how it will go but we don't know until they get in. The mass is actually 33.6 cm x 33.6cm (13" x 13") and one of the largest they have seen. It's too dangerous at this point to biopsy so they will have pathology in the OR to examine many samples as they perform the surgery. This is weighing heavily on our hearts and I'm struggling with it. My sister is only 36 and newly married with no kids. I'm staying strong and holding my parents together but it's getting hard for me not to grieve. 6 years ago my parents watched me go through thyroid cancer and this is just too much for them right now.

Last edited:
hey everyone I have a prayer request for you. Last Friday I received a call from my sister to meet her in the ER. she went in for some right sided pain but a CT scan showed a mass that originated on her left ovary spanning the width of her abdomen. They told us it was 30cm x 30cm. Her CA-125 was also elevated 3 times the high end of normal. She has her appointment with an oncologist at the James cancer institute at Ohio state wexner and she is having surgery the 18th. We have about 4 different scenarios of how it will go but we don't know until they get in. The mass is actually 33.6 cm x 33.6cm (13" x 13") and one of the largest theybhabe seen. It's too dangerous at this point to biopsy so they will have pathology in the OR to examine many samples as they perform the surgery. This is weighing heavily on our hearts and I'm struggling with it. My sister is only 36 and newly married with no kids. I'm staying strong and holding my parents together but it's getting hard for me not to grieve. 6 years ago my parents watched me go through thyroid cancer and this is just too much for them right now.
Praying. That is hard.... the worst is the unknown at this point. Rest and trust!

Prayers for you and the rest of your family.

@Cindy, thank you for asking us to pray with your! I will be lifting your sister up in prayer. Is she a believer? How about your mom and dad--have they turned their hearts to Yeshua? I echo @Ancient Paths comment--the fear of the unknown can become debilitating. You must TRUST that Yeshua knows what you do not and can not know right now.

Praying

Will be praying.

Praying.

Back