• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayer request for my wife and myself

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
My wife and I are struggling and going round and round about polygamy. Please pray for us to understand the truth, delight in it, and submit to it. Please pray that God will empower me to lead and love properly. Please pray that He will help her to submit entirely. Please pray that we will be of one mind in following the Christ.

Praying brother

Praying

Praying!

Julie is amazing. I talked with her in the beginning of my journey, too. I’d be happy to talk with your also- through text, talk or email.

I know I felt really alone in those early months/ years trying to figure out my fears. I, also, rode the polygamy emotional (not so)merry-go-round.

The blog is really good insight into the emotional struggle that is so real for so many. I didn't grow up with the aversion to the idea and was (and am) very positive about living this life. It does require staying in the truth and taking every thought captive. I don't believe you could be double minded and wishy washy and happy in polygyny.

My hubby and then our sons have been doing tree service for many years....since before I knew him. It is dangerous work and men who make mistakes can be seriously injured and killed. It happens every year. I learned long ago that fear and worry were bed news. One day early in my married life I worried. That was enough of that hell for me!

A life of peace requires faith. Men folk climbing trees, raising children, or adjusting to the amazing blessing of a sisterwife.

I hope and pray that you and your wife grow together and gain a stronger relationship with each other and with God through learning and studying. May she be granted enough wisdom to build her house.

Praying for God’s will. I am happy to talk with her on the phone. I have been loving this life for 24 years now.
The blog is really good insight into the emotional struggle that is so real for so many. I didn't grow up with the aversion to the idea and was (and am) very positive about living this life. It does require staying in the truth and taking every thought captive. I don't believe you could be double minded and wishy washy and happy in polygyny.

My hubby and then our sons have been doing tree service for many years....since before I knew him. It is dangerous work and men who make mistakes can be seriously injured and killed. It happens every year. I learned long ago that fear and worry were bed news. One day early in my married life I worried. That was enough of that hell for me!

A life of peace requires faith. Men folk climbing trees, raising children, or adjusting to the amazing blessing of a sisterwife.

I hope and pray that you and your wife grow together and gain a stronger relationship with each other and with God through learning and studying. May she be granted enough wisdom to build her house.
Amen and well said!

Back