• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayers for My Dad and

Flutterbug

Female
It has been a While since I have been back on the site.
A Few of you know , but My Family would welcome prayers.
My Dad he is 78 yrs old ( My Mom was Born with Serious disabilities and grew up in Childrens Hospitals )
My Dad is Dyeing from Bone Cancer he had been given (last Spring) 3 wks to up to 1 Yr to live . We are an Extremely Close Family. We were told in his 78 th Birthday at the Start of Jan. This new yr. To hurry to the Hospital . He wasn't going to make it.
Thru. God he did. He has been back at home with my Mom . And my Oldest Son to live out his remaining days here on earth with us. He has done some Amazing things in his life time and is still. He is Mainly in Bed now.... Hospice has been a Major Blessing for him .
They are Taking great care to help his pain and also with his Spirit. As some of you may now that There is more people needed then only family to help him with his Journey and my Mom's . He has Fought hard and Continues to do so.
I am doing everything I can to not mourn him as there will be a Time for that but not now . Please Pray for him to have Comfort and Peace and that he may enjoy these Last times on earth . That we as a Family will still learn from him as well as be a Comfort to him and my Mom.
Also if there would be any prayers for me. As to know what the Best action I can do to also help be of Comfort and Peace for him.
I also have 1 More prayer request .
I am 44 Yrs old with 4 kids a Son in law so I have 4 Very adult kids and 6 Grandchildren. I just out of nowhere started having ( What the E.R. Believes)
Seizures And I had Blacked out with 2 And Fell EXTREMELY Hard This past Early Thursday Morning around I was Told 2:30 Am. Now I cannot Drive to Be with him without my Husband he Has a Very Full Career that he can hardly Get away from.
I hope to be back on here Visiting The Way I have and Hopefully be on the Regular Board's again soon
I had Started posting else where but the Site I was on was Unfortunately a Hate filled Nasty one... AND I never give out this type of info. Not Out like this before ever. But I remember Posting A Few Prayers to Other's on here Before so I thought I would Finally Ask ....
Thanks
Flutterbug.

Well pray for your father's pain to be eased and his spirit lifted. Well also keep you in our prays in concerns of your health and the well being of your family.

Praying

Will pray, as well.

Praying for y'all.

It's been awhile since I posted an update.
My Loving ,Kindest , Strongest willed , And Faithful to his Wife and Kids and to God himself , My Dad , Lost his Earthly Body and Earthly Life on.March 1 st this past Thrusday @ 1 pm he passed with Family Surrounding him , in his Home like he Wanted. He Fought an Amazing fight against Many Different Cancers in his life. The Bone Cancer Was The Battle for him that could not Be Over come on Earth.
I still feel like I am just waiting for him to Come home may Be after he ran to the Store or got a Hair Cut...
So I guess I am still in Shock... There really is no way to truly be Prepared for the Loss of A Father who I have had the Absolute Honor of having been his Daughter and He my Dad My Mom is Just Lost right now he is and Was her Every thing and She was his everything.
They have been married for 63 yrs and Met and Shortly after Married When my Mom was 15 Just barely 16 yrs old My Dad Was just 18 yrs old he was in the Navy when they Met and Married there Love and Life Together a Perfect Match .
Please keep him and my Mom in your Thoughts and Prayers as This Upcoming Saturday is his Services.
Thank you to anyone who reads this
Flutterbug

Sorry for your pain and suffering everyone is going through. My parents both died of cancer. I will pray that his last days will be pain free and all the suffering of all is kept to its minimum.

A difficult time for sure, Flutterbug. Praying your Heavenly Father sends all you and your family need at this time.

Blessed are You, L‑rd our G‑d, King of the universe, the True Judge. May G‑d remember the soul of Flutterbugs father, her teacher who has gone to His kingdom. May his soul be bound up in the bond of life with the souls of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah, and with the other righteous men and women who are in Gan Eden. May her fathers memory continue to leave a mark upon his descendants guiding them to the L-rds will and Yeshua's everlasting mercy. Father, I pray in the name of Yeshua that Flutterbug and others in her circle of family and friends who are grieving find comfort and peace in you. They're hurting for many reasons, and we reach out to You, the Father of compassion, asking You to touch them with Your unfailing love and kindness. Be their G-d who comforts them as they're going through their struggles, and bring them through the tough times ahead. Carry them through their pain, and strengthen them so they'll one day be able to help others who face the same struggles. Father G-d, in Yeshuas name we also ask you as the One who blessed our ancestors the Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and their wives Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah, bless to heal Flutterbug. May the Holy Blessed One overflow with compassion upon her, to restore her, to heal her, to strengthen her, to enliven her. The One will send her, speedily, a complete healing, a healing of the soul and healing of the body, speedily, without delay, and let us all say, Our L-rd is a glorious and loving L-rd, and through Yeshua all things are possible. Amen.

Thank you guys so so very much I am going to print out your Thoughts and Prayers for my Mom and put them inside the Service's Book that my Mom will have . From people that are able to be there to Anyone that has sent such Sweet Amazing Thoughts and Prayers that were/Are sent to my Family and Myself as well as for my Dad and my Mom. He has and is Still Touching so Many Lives . He is and always will be an Extremely Amazing Loving Man .
Thanks so much
Flutterbug

Blessed are You, L‑rd our G‑d, King of the universe, the True Judge. May G‑d remember the soul of Flutterbugs father, her teacher who has gone to His kingdom. May his soul be bound up in the bond of life with the souls of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah, and with the other righteous men and women who are in Gan Eden. May her fathers memory continue to leave a mark upon his descendants guiding them to the L-rds will and Yeshua's everlasting mercy. Father, I pray in the name of Yeshua that Flutterbug and others in her circle of family and friends who are grieving find comfort and peace in you. They're hurting for many reasons, and we reach out to You, the Father of compassion, asking You to touch them with Your unfailing love and kindness. Be their G-d who comforts them as they're going through their struggles, and bring them through the tough times ahead. Carry them through their pain, and strengthen them so they'll one day be able to help others who face the same struggles. Father G-d, in Yeshuas name we also ask you as the One who blessed our ancestors the Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and their wives Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah, bless to heal Flutterbug. May the Holy Blessed One overflow with compassion upon her, to restore her, to heal her, to strengthen her, to enliven her. The One will send her, speedily, a complete healing, a healing of the soul and healing of the body, speedily, without delay, and let us all say, Our L-rd is a glorious and loving L-rd, and through Yeshua all things are possible. Amen.
Beautiful Beautiful Prayer Thank you.
And Amen

Another Update
We had my Dad's Services Yesterday.
My Mom ... Well I don't think its really got her yet ... Well I should say it does a Little at a Time.
Last few min. Before the Service's my Mom Didn't feel she could actually go thru with them. I mean To put the Service's off ( Almost like she is Hoping she may wake up from this Night mare)
I am so Proud of Her that she was able to hear the Spirit prompting her to go and Honor Her Husbands Life her best Friend , Her world.
It still is not Completely real to me .... Yet .
I just want you guy's to know how much I have so Appreciated your Prayers and Kind words and Also for those of you who may not have said a word but still prayed for my Family as well .

Lost mine a while back too. It never gets "real". There is a beauty, but also pain, when those oh so real dreams come at you in the night. You can touch, feel and smell.....then it fades away.

Blessings to you and yours during this time of adjustment.

Lost mine a while back too. It never gets "real". There is a beauty, but also pain, when those oh so real dreams come at you in the night. You can touch, feel and smell.....then it fades away.

Blessings to you and yours during this time of adjustment.
Thank you for sharing this with me .
It truly does help alot. I know he is not physically here... I am Trying to keep it in my mind that even though my Dad is Loved and Respected and he Very Generous . That were his Soul his Very Being is Surrounded by even More Love and Comfort then we can ever imagine (Until God Calls each of us home)
But there is Still a Big Part of me that Still Feels like he hasn't gone any where... You are so right about Feeling him like when I am Sleeping in my Dreams and Right now and maybe for the Rest of my life ? It does feel like I can even smell him or Hear Our Great Visits that I knew someday I would hang on to ... I never truly understood just how much and How Many Amazing Conversations and Guidance that my Dad and I have had . I always knew how precious these Time's have been.
I don't think that anyone can ever be truly Ready to "Lose" Someone that has always ment so much to you.
It feels like I am just waiting for him to give me a Call or For me to Call him....
Or when we had our Deepest conversations it was either driving in the Car. Or In his side Yard. But always out side . I don't know why but even my earliest Memories of my Dad and I We were always outside. My Dad once told me that if I needed to work (Instead of being a Stay at Home Mom) to Get a Job Outside its good for the Body and the Soul to Work Hard at what ever you do. And you always Do Even More then Necessary Without Speaking of it. And This way you know you have done your best and Then at night you Sleep Sound. And Always be Thankful .
I guess I am starting to just Babble now lol...
But Thank you for sharing this with me. I didn't know that other's feel this way even longer then Right after A Death.. For me what you shared is a Huge Positive . I never want to forget .

Even years later, I've almost dialed up the number to talk, or suggested to my wife that we invite for a vacation! It just happens.

Back