• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayers please

We all struggle at times to do what God has called us to do, and it is easy to get discouraged. I think it’s telling that Paul starts and ends almost all his letters with something similar to the verses below.

“Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭16‬:‭24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Simple reminders that God will give us the strength and mercy we need to obey His word if we trust in Him.

It can also be helpful to remember that it doesn’t happen all at once, but that:
“But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4‬:‭18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It says that God remembers we are made of dust, sometimes we need to remember that too and trust His breath that is in us. That is where the power is.

Praying

Being a submissive wife is simple…but it’s not easy!

At the beginning of my marriage I did an exhaustive study of what it meant to be a wife. It was a difficult time for my husband and I, but we made it through and he showed me a ton of grace as I learned how best to follow the Father and, in turn, be submissive to him.

Every day is an opportunity to do better than the previous day. Involve your husband in your struggles and allow him to guide your path as well. I will gladly be an intercessor for you to our Heavenly Father!

I’m new to marriage and running into struggles with being a submissive wife. I am trying so hard to get better. I know no one on here knows me but please if you could just pray for me and my marriage to stay together I would appreciate it.
We men struggle with this as well. Man is the head of woman, and Christ is the head of man. As men we struggle to be submissive to our head, we have to literally die to ourselves or "disown" ourselves so that we can be good submissive followers. I have found that removing lies and focusing on reminders of the truth works very well. I have found that submission and trust go hand in hand. When I trust my Messiah, I can submit much easier to Him. When my wives trust me, they can submit much easier. I hope all goes well for you and praying 🙏. If you ever need to talk, either one of my wives are available.

We men struggle with this as well. Man is the head of woman, and Christ is the head of man. As men we struggle to be submissive to our head, we have to literally die to ourselves or "disown" ourselves so that we can be good submissive followers. I have found that removing lies and focusing on reminders of the truth works very well. I have found that submission and trust go hand in hand. When I trust my Messiah, I can submit much easier to Him. When my wives trust me, they can submit much easier. I hope all goes well for you and praying 🙏. If you ever need to talk, either one of my wives are available.
Thank you so much! I feel I’m failing at being a wife and a submissive wife and it’s put me in a deep depression and i want to save my marriage so badly

Being a submissive wife is simple…but it’s not easy!

At the beginning of my marriage I did an exhaustive study of what it meant to be a wife. It was a difficult time for my husband and I, but we made it through and he showed me a ton of grace as I learned how best to follow the Father and, in turn, be submissive to him.

Every day is an opportunity to do better than the previous day. Involve your husband in your struggles and allow him to guide your path as well. I will gladly be an intercessor for you to our Heavenly Father!
It’s hard for me because I’m new to it and it’s a learning process and I feel I’m failing completely and it hurts because I’m trying so hard

It’s hard for me…
It’s hard for all of us (brave assumption, but likely true). I want to reiterate that being simple and being easy are not the same thing. Life with Christ is simple, but not easy. Life as a wife is simple, but not easy. Life as a mother is simple, but not easy. Life as a farmer is simple, but not easy…I think that’s enough examples. Many things in life are hard and require growth, learning, and discipline. The hardest things bring us the most joy! Continue on your journey, ask questions of fellow believers, work through your struggles with your husband, and as you grow you will find that it is simple…but surely not easy! Stay blessed!

It’s hard for all of us (brave assumption, but likely true). I want to reiterate that being simple and being easy are not the same thing. Life with Christ is simple, but not easy. Life as a wife is simple, but not easy. Life as a mother is simple, but not easy. Life as a farmer is simple, but not easy…I think that’s enough examples. Many things in life are hard and require growth, learning, and discipline. The hardest things bring us the most joy! Continue on your journey, ask questions of fellow believers, work through your struggles with your husband, and as you grow you will find that it is simple…but surely not easy! Stay blessed!
Thank you so much

I’m new to marriage and running into struggles with being a submissive wife. I am trying so hard to get better. I know no one on here knows me but please if you could just pray for me and my marriage to stay together I would appreciate it.
First time marriage is new for all first timers as is becoming first time parents new for all first timers with a new baby. Starting anything for the first time means you are new at it just the same as it has been for all those who've gone before. One of the awesome blessings God gives us is the example of others who've done it before; married before, been parents before, built a house before, etc. Find a woman/wife who is a good example, make friends with her and learn from her. Keep company with, and learn from those women who are good examples of submissive wives. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn and be encouraged by them. Blessings

First time marriage is new for all first timers as is becoming first time parents new for all first timers with a new baby. Starting anything for the first time means you are new at it just the same as it has been for all those who've gone before. One of the awesome blessings God gives us is the example of others who've done it before; married before, been parents before, built a house before, etc. Find a woman/wife who is a good example, make friends with her and learn from her. Keep company with, and learn from those women who are good examples of submissive wives. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn and be encouraged by them. Blessings
I’m trying so hard

Lots of good advice given above @Samantha Pradia , I would only add that you could ask God to tell you one thing you can work on this week. Do that for the rest of the week, then ask God what you can work on at the beginning of next week. It might be the same "issue" or new habit that you did the last week but it might not. Take time to listen for what God says to spend your emotional energy on...let Him show you where He is working in your heart and mind. Praying for you and your husband.

Lots of good advice given above @Samantha Pradia , I would only add that you could ask God to tell you one thing you can work on this week. Do that for the rest of the week, then ask God what you can work on at the beginning of next week. It might be the same "issue" or new habit that you did the last week but it might not. Take time to listen for what God says to spend your emotional energy on...let Him show you where He is working in your heart and mind. Praying for you and your husband.
Thank you so much, I am going to try that and see if my husband will let me do this.

I would love to be able to private message you but you are not able to yet. I have been married to my husband for over 10 years now. We've had many struggles along the way in learning how to best play our roles in marriage. My advice is to always strive to obey God in whatever changes you see you should make in your life from His Word. The hardest times I've had is because I didn't want to conform to what God was calling me to change. Have an open heart to follow the Lord where He leads you to change and you will change and your marriage will be better for it.
If you have specific, more personal questions I would be more than willing to figure out how we can personally message each other off of the forum.

Praying for you and Geoff.

I would love to be able to private message you but you are not able to yet. I have been married to my husband for over 10 years now. We've had many struggles along the way in learning how to best play our roles in marriage. My advice is to always strive to obey God in whatever changes you see you should make in your life from His Word. The hardest times I've had is because I didn't want to conform to what God was calling me to change. Have an open heart to follow the Lord where He leads you to change and you will change and your marriage will be better for it.
If you have specific, more personal questions I would be more than willing to figure out how we can personally message each other off of the forum.
I would love to speak to you more for help to become better if you have a way to communicate

It’s hard for me because I’m new to it and it’s a learning process and I feel I’m failing completely and it hurts because I’m trying so hard
I surely don't want to discourage you by sharing this, but I can relate to your feelings now, even after many years of marriage.

In my case I feel it is a combination of communication issues, and many years of doing things wrong ...unintentionally.

Nothing about the way I was raised and interacted with my dad prepared me to be the kind of wife my husband needs and expects. My dad was so very different from my husband, and I appreciate the differences! ....but did not know how to work with them in a way that builds my husband up. After recently overhearing part of the book about five love language....I suspect a fair bit of our issues is because our intentions and natural ways that we express our love for each other are different, even foreign to each other, and so it's like the effort you put out might as well get sucked into a black hole and never arrive in the other heart for the good it does in your relationship.

There are lots of books about relationships. Debbi Pearl shared insights into differences in the expectations that men can have. If your husband is different from your dad, you have to learn to relate in a new way, and prioritize things differently. It goes along with the love language concept because we learn our love language when young from our family and specifically our parents.

Sadly trying hard is only going to be seen as such, if you are trying in a way he comprehends.

There are also different kinds of intimacy. Physical, emotional, and some would say spiritual.
Emotional is huge, and my main difficulty.

Sharing how you feel as issues come up may help, but maybe asking him to let you know what you do that makes him feel respected and that you are in right relationship to him.....and also when you run into difficulties, why what you did was interpreted as willful, not submissive, etc.

I will pray you both can reach the wonderful place where your hearts understand each other and your love and actions are felt across the roll, gender, and personality gaps that can complicate feeling the oneness we want to feel in marriage.

Back