• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Prayers please

Ok I dont want to share my number on the forum do you have a Facebook or something where we could exchange numbers?

Edit: just realized I can start a conversation with you..my bad.

I just realized that your husband is a good friend of mine. Give him my best.
Praying for you guys.

I’m new to marriage and running into struggles with being a submissive wife. I am trying so hard to get better. I know no one on here knows me but please if you could just pray for me and my marriage to stay together I would appreciate it.
I'll keep you in my prayers. I can definitely relate to the submission struggle even as someone unmarried. Try to relax and take some pressure off of yourself, everything is a process, you just have to go through yours.

I surely don't want to discourage you by sharing this, but I can relate to your feelings now, even after many years of marriage.

In my case I feel it is a combination of communication issues, and many years of doing things wrong ...unintentionally.

Nothing about the way I was raised and interacted with my dad prepared me to be the kind of wife my husband needs and expects. My dad was so very different from my husband, and I appreciate the differences! ....but did not know how to work with them in a way that builds my husband up. After recently overhearing part of the book about five love language....I suspect a fair bit of our issues is because our intentions and natural ways that we express our love for each other are different, even foreign to each other, and so it's like the effort you put out might as well get sucked into a black hole and never arrive in the other heart for the good it does in your relationship.

There are lots of books about relationships. Debbi Pearl shared insights into differences in the expectations that men can have. If your husband is different from your dad, you have to learn to relate in a new way, and prioritize things differently. It goes along with the love language concept because we learn our love language when young from our family and specifically our parents.

Sadly trying hard is only going to be seen as such, if you are trying in a way he comprehends.

There are also different kinds of intimacy. Physical, emotional, and some would say spiritual.
Emotional is huge, and my main difficulty.

Sharing how you feel as issues come up may help, but maybe asking him to let you know what you do that makes him feel respected and that you are in right relationship to him.....and also when you run into difficulties, why what you did was interpreted as willful, not submissive, etc.

I will pray you both can reach the wonderful place where your hearts understand each other and your love and actions are felt across the roll, gender, and personality gaps that can complicate feeling the oneness we want to feel in marriage.
I will share this advice with him to see if we can try it.

I'll keep you in my prayers. I can definitely relate to the submission struggle even as someone unmarried. Try to relax and take some pressure off of yourself, everything is a process, you just have to go through yours.
I’m trying so hard I don’t know what else to do to fix things

Lots of good advice given above @Samantha Pradia , I would only add that you could ask God to tell you one thing you can work on this week. Do that for the rest of the week, then ask God what you can work on at the beginning of next week. It might be the same "issue" or new habit that you did the last week but it might not. Take time to listen for what God says to spend your emotional energy on...let Him show you where He is working in your heart and mind. Praying for you and your husband.
Excellent advice!

Back