• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Pregnancy after miscarriage

HomesteadWife

Real Person*
Female
Hello all,

Being new hopefully this is not TMI.

To start off I am currently 9 weeks pregnant. This will be my first child and I'm super excited but also incredibly nervous due to my experiences with miscarriages this year. I want to fully embrace this pregnancy but find myself being hesitant to until I get safely past the first trimester. I'm on progesterone supplements as I am low and had blood tests done due to my previous losses.

To summarize my miscarriage experiences: I got pregnant for the first time at the end of April this year. I was what should have been 10 weeks along when I started spotting which soon turned to bleeding. I had just had my first midwife visit and she had me go in for an ultrasound. I was devastated to find out I had a blighted ovum (no baby in sac), and a missed miscarriage, meaning the baby had stopped growing around 6 weeks and my body was just then recognizing it. I ended up having to go to the ER, tried to miscarry naturally, got an infection, and two weeks after I first started bleeding had to have a D&C. All of this on top of the miscarriage was very traumatizing.

The middle of August I found out I was pregnant again. My period was two weeks late before I could get a positive test. I ended up spotting and then bleeding again about a week after the test. I went in for a blood test and it confirmed the pregnancy was not viable and that a miscarriage was again in progress. Though thankfully it was not nearly the level of the first, more like a heavy period.

My current pregnancy piggybacked off my last miscarriage and I was a bit surprised when I got the positive test rather than my cycle restarting.

Hopefully not to much info overload. I was hoping to hear from others who have experienced miscarriage loss with pregnancy success after. Since this is my first I have to fight against the doubt's that I have something off with me that is contributing. I know YHVH is in control and I've had to give this pregnancy and his will for children in my life over to him. Prayers are appreciated!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I also feel like congratulating you on being here.
I must confess to thinking a little bit more of the women that are members here. Polygyny is a very divisive subject and I generally feel those that are here have an extra bit of something I can relate to.
Being new hopefully this is not TMI.
Not at all!
I was hoping to hear from others who have experienced miscarriage loss with pregnancy success after.
I have four "rainbow babies" and usually carried successfully after each miscarriage.
I know YHVH is in control and I've had to give this pregnancy and his will for children in my life over to him.
This knowledge helps tremendously. We decided when nursing our first didn't stop my cycles to trust Him rather then try and prevent children. Being picky about when someone gives you an amazing gift just seemed rather unthankful to us, and since we wanted Him to order our lives why grab back control of that? I did tell the Lord I thought that 18 months apart sounded good to me. The first baby I lost was due 18 months to the day after our second was born.
He led me to specifically and audibly pray His will in my life the week before that first miscarriage. That was a comfort for sure!

After 8 children and three miscarriages I told the Lord that I just couldn't imagine anything more rewarding then having a big family and I wanted all the children that He had for us. Then I had another miscarriage, then lost a set of identical triplet boys at about 6 months along, then had another miscarriage.

Persistence pays off and we had another daughter in 2018. I call her my gold star I got for persistence partly because she is our only red head, and also because she a total joy. I had yet another miscarriage after her and have not gotten pregnant again in probably three years.

It sounds like you are on the right track supplementing progesterone. After my first miscarriage my hormones were really out of whack. Progesterone cream was a life changer then.

You may look for a video done by After Skool called Count Down that informs about how exposure to chemicals in plastics can impact the development of baby boys in the first trimester. It was very interesting!

We are now counting down to our first grandchild!

At this point in my life I am again....and still..... choosing to trust YHWH with the size of our family. I was, and am, fine and fulfilled with our nine living children. But I know being around a newborn is probably going to make me wish I could do that again!

I will remember you in my prayers and hope Yah grants you peace, and healthy children.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

My experience was a little different. I'd had eight children and only one was complicated when she was born with an eye problem. I guess I was sort of arrogant and taking it for granted that I could just have as many babies as I wanted. And then early last year I was well into my pregnancy with my ninth baby and I lost her. That's about what I can write about this.

But I am happy for you that your current baby is coming along and I will pray for a very healthy and uneventful birth!

It's not at all TMI. We talk about all sorts of things on here, and more in the ladies chat too.
Have you heard the heartbeat yet? If you hear the heartbeat (or see it in a scan), then there is a less than 10% chance you will lose that baby. Most just don't form to the point of having their heart working before they die.
You are not alone in having miscarriages, many women have had them. They say 1 in 4 women have them, and the miscarriage rate is around 20 - 30%.
I've had two. My first miscarriage was twins, and the second was a single baby but was a missed miscarriage, same as yours. I started bleeding at 12 weeks and went for a scan, only to find that the baby had died at about 6 weeks.
Mine were what I call 'my normal' but not really within what would be claimed as clinically normal. I had very heavy bleeding for 3 months and retained product with each one. They did resolve on their own though.
I have 7 children and had no problems getting pregnant again and keeping the baby after having a miscarriage. I feel like the bond is better, and I am more grateful for those babies that I had after a loss. Holding the baby you have just birthed after having had a previous miscarriage is a feeling you really can't describe.
While a miscarriage is a loss here, I like to think about my babies being with God. They never had to experience the trials of this life, they got to go straight to be with Him. One day I will see them again, they are not lost to me completely, just for a time.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I also feel like congratulating you on being here.
I must confess to thinking a little bit more of the women that are members here. Polygyny is a very divisive subject and I generally feel those that are here have an extra bit of something I can relate to.

Not at all!

I have four "rainbow babies" and usually carried successfully after each miscarriage.

This knowledge helps tremendously. We decided when nursing our first didn't stop my cycles to trust Him rather then try and prevent children. Being picky about when someone gives you an amazing gift just seemed rather unthankful to us, and since we wanted Him to order our lives why grab back control of that? I did tell the Lord I thought that 18 months apart sounded good to me. The first baby I lost was due 18 months to the day after our second was born.
He led me to specifically and audibly pray His will in my life the week before that first miscarriage. That was a comfort for sure!

After 8 children and three miscarriages I told the Lord that I just couldn't imagine anything more rewarding then having a big family and I wanted all the children that He had for us. Then I had another miscarriage, then lost a set of identical triplet boys at about 6 months along, then had another miscarriage.

Persistence pays off and we had another daughter in 2018. I call her my gold star I got for persistence partly because she is our only red head, and also because she a total joy. I had yet another miscarriage after her and have not gotten pregnant again in probably three years.

It sounds like you are on the right track supplementing progesterone. After my first miscarriage my hormones were really out of whack. Progesterone cream was a life changer then.

You may look for a video done by After Skool called Count Down that informs about how exposure to chemicals in plastics can impact the development of baby boys in the first trimester. It was very interesting!

We are now counting down to our first grandchild!

At this point in my life I am again....and still..... choosing to trust YHWH with the size of our family. I was, and am, fine and fulfilled with our nine living children. But I know being around a newborn is probably going to make me wish I could do that again!

I will remember you in my prayers and hope Yah grants you peace, and healthy children.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
Thank you for sharing your journey and encouragement with me. Its greatly appreciated. As are your prayers!

I come from a family of 8, 9 if you count a brother with Potters syndrome that my mom carried to term. Though she might have had a miscarriage at some point its not something that was ever talked about. My younger sister already has 3 children with from my knowledge not having any miscarriages. Its been hard not to compare myself to them.

My experience was a little different. I'd had eight children and only one was complicated when she was born with an eye problem. I guess I was sort of arrogant and taking it for granted that I could just have as many babies as I wanted. And then early last year I was well into my pregnancy with my ninth baby and I lost her. That's about what I can write about this.

But I am happy for you that your current baby is coming along and I will pray for a very healthy and uneventful birth!
Thank you for sharing and for your prayers!

It's not at all TMI. We talk about all sorts of things on here, and more in the ladies chat too.
Have you heard the heartbeat yet? If you hear the heartbeat (or see it in a scan), then there is a less than 10% chance you will lose that baby. Most just don't form to the point of having their heart working before they die.
You are not alone in having miscarriages, many women have had them. They say 1 in 4 women have them, and the miscarriage rate is around 20 - 30%.
I've had two. My first miscarriage was twins, and the second was a single baby but was a missed miscarriage, same as yours. I started bleeding at 12 weeks and went for a scan, only to find that the baby had died at about 6 weeks.
Mine were what I call 'my normal' but not really within what would be claimed as clinically normal. I had very heavy bleeding for 3 months and retained product with each one. They did resolve on their own though.
I have 7 children and had no problems getting pregnant again and keeping the baby after having a miscarriage. I feel like the bond is better, and I am more grateful for those babies that I had after a loss. Holding the baby you have just birthed after having had a previous miscarriage is a feeling you really can't describe.
While a miscarriage is a loss here, I like to think about my babies being with God. They never had to experience the trials of this life, they got to go straight to be with Him. One day I will see them again, they are not lost to me completely, just for a time.
Thank you for sharing!

I haven't gone in for a scan or appointment for a heartbeat yet. I will be doing that, or possibly an early ultrasound probably sometime in the next few weeks. Praying that when I do that the heartbeat shows up.

Thinking about my little angel babies being with YHVH is definitely a comfort during the grieving process. Another thing that helped me was naming my little angels. I've named them both based off the gender I feel that He has led me to think of them as.

Firstly, I am so sorry for your losses. Those precious lives will be forever in your heart and a part of your journey in motherhood. They shape you and the life you live. Just because they aren’t earth side doesn’t mean you aren’t a mother.
I don’t personally have any experience, but have walked along side a close friend who lost a baby recently and she has found comfort in still mothering her baby in different tangible ways- whether that is planting a tree or creating memories in remembering that sweet life.
I found a podcast awhile back that you may find comfort in as well. It is called The Joyful Mourning. Her recent podcast is about navigating the holidays. She has a wonderful mindset and really has such compassion. Just know you are not alone in your grief process.

Update: I went in for my dating ultrasound today. Our little Rainbow baby is Perfect!!

We got to hear/see the heartbeat and see our little one wiggling and squirming all over the place. It was incredible! I'm SOOO happy and relieved right now. Knowing that things are looking perfect this time is an amazing blessing. I now feel like I can embrace this pregnancy to the fullest and just have the peace of knowing things are good without the ? Of what if I've had till now.

Turns out I am 10 1/2 weeks instead of 11 1/2 there was a two week ? when it came to my due date that we had answered today.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Just a quick update. Into week 37 now. Baby is healthy and is sounding good every midwife checkup. We don't know what we are having, so will be waiting to see when our blessing comes out. My goal is to make sure the baby waits till at least 38 weeks to make an entrance so we can have our midwife support and not have to go in to hospital, SO close to passing that mark. My husband wants a 4th of July baby, which is only a few days after due date, so totally possible. I told him he would have to have a talk with the baby on that as its not my decision. Haha Super excited to get to hold our little one soon!

Quick update.

Its a girl!!! She decided to come yesterday,13 days early. Healthy and weighing 7lb 10oz. I had a quick 4 1/2hr labor even with her being my first. We are very blessed and appreciate all of the prayers sent our way.
Congratulations! So happy for you and glad it all went well.

Thanks for the update!!

Back