• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pregnancy talk :)

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Just for fun..
What are some of the ways you told your husband you were expecting?

Our first I just walked out with the pregnancy test lol but our next one (Lord willing) I have something more special planned out already. We've been praying for that blessing for several months now and praying the Lords timing is soon ;)

I would love to hear your stories!

With our first, my husband's boss told him I had called, and wanted him to tell him I was pregnant. He knew me well enough to tell his boss "She didn't call.' When he got home that day I let him know.

We have a large family, and they have all been wanted, but tests haven't been used much, and announcements aren't usually needed between us.

I think it's great that you want children. Hopefully we'll be congratulating you soon.

Jolene

I loved how you did it Kim on Instagram at least. So happy for you guys. May it be a girl! ;)

#1, Samuel was still in bed, I ran into the bedroom, jumped on him, and yelled that I was going to have a baby. I was a little excited lol. I then promptly ran back to the bathroom and threw up...
Miscarriage #1, I busted in on him in the shower while bawling my eyes out because my first baby was only 5 months and I had NO idea how I'd gotten pregnant ha ha!
#2, I left the test on the side of the bathroom sink where he would see it as soon as he got up. Conversation then went like this:
Samuel: "Why did you leave a pregnancy test on the bathroom sink? That is gross, and what if someone came to visit and saw it because you'd left it there? Go and get rid of it now."
Me: ".... but, did you look at it?"
Samuel: "No. Why? It's not positive is it?"
Me: "Yes, it's positive." At which point I couldn't stop myself from cracking up laughing, and then promptly removed the test.
#3, I peed on the test and left it to do it's thing while I prepared breakfast and asked Samuel to check on it.
Samuel: "No, you're not pregnant."
Me: "Are you sure? I really thought I was. That's so odd."
Samuel: "No, you're not, because the second pink line is only really faint."
Me: "Are you serious? Because that means I'm pregnant..."
Samuel: "No, it doesn't. Does it?"
Me: "Well it means I'm pregnant or I'm on hormonal therapy that sets off a pregnancy test!"

So after all that, I just told him, every single time.

My first time he knew I was pregnant because I was crying about it and he just figured that was what it was. After that it's been no secret because once I miss my cycle he knows.

With our last child, it took about a year for me to become pregnant and we both were thinking that maybe God was telling us two was how many we would have. When I took the test at home and got a positive I took a picture and emailed it to him at work. I then called his extention at work and told him to check his email and call me back because I couldn't wait! He called back a few minutes later so happy and said he surpised his co-worker by his loud reaction lol!

This last time I had a little scavenger hunt with clues from our relationship together leading to the final clue that gave it away. His excitement was priceless. :)

Back