• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

'Protecting' our children . . .

Keith Martin

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Kristin commented that what I'm about to share provides a written example of why young folks are so supportive of nonsense like The Green New Deal. So, if you've ever wondered how anyone can take NYC Congressional Rep Alexandria Occasional-Cortex seriously, just contemplate the compulsory public education system. Here's the latest knot-twisting mailing from our local school system (keep in mind that we live in Pennsylvania, not Hawaii or southern Florida):

"SUN PROTECTION MEASURES FOR GREENVILLE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS"

Dear Parents and Caregivers,

Act 105 of 2018 was signed into law Oct. 24, 2018. This new law allows students to self-carry and self-apply FDA approved, non-aerosol, over-the-counter sunscreen with parental permission.

If your child is unable (emphasis in original) to self-carry and self-apply the sunscreen product, then the school district will need a physician's order along with parental consent in order for a district employee to apply the sunscreen.

The new law states "the school entity is NOT responsible for ensuring that the non-aerosol topical sunscreen product is applied to the student."

Etc., etc., etc., followed on the next page by a parental permission form.

At first, when I saw 'self-carry,' I was thinking, "Cool; concealed carry in the classroom," but not I suspect that even concealed carry of sunscreen would probably require an additional permit.

And, at least, we can rest assured that any sunscreen application will be performed by a district employee of the proper gender, sexual orientation, intersectionality, transition status and racial/ethnic considerations matching those of the student to prevent unwanted emotional triggering.

Sorry; I couldn't resist. The world just keeps getting weirder and weirder, but yet if one wants participate in a plural family according to Biblical principles that's a level of shame too creepy for public consumption.

It is weird times we live in.

Kristin commented that what I'm about to share provides a written example of why young folks are so supportive of nonsense like The Green New Deal. So, if you've ever wondered how anyone can take NYC Congressional Rep Alexandria Occasional-Cortex seriously, just contemplate the compulsory public education system. Here's the latest knot-twisting mailing from our local school system (keep in mind that we live in Pennsylvania, not Hawaii or southern Florida):

"SUN PROTECTION MEASURES FOR GREENVILLE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS"

Dear Parents and Caregivers,

Act 105 of 2018 was signed into law Oct. 24, 2018. This new law allows students to self-carry and self-apply FDA approved, non-aerosol, over-the-counter sunscreen with parental permission.

If your child is unable (emphasis in original) to self-carry and self-apply the sunscreen product, then the school district will need a physician's order along with parental consent in order for a district employee to apply the sunscreen.

The new law states "the school entity is NOT responsible for ensuring that the non-aerosol topical sunscreen product is applied to the student."

Etc., etc., etc., followed on the next page by a parental permission form.

At first, when I saw 'self-carry,' I was thinking, "Cool; concealed carry in the classroom," but not I suspect that even concealed carry of sunscreen would probably require an additional permit.

And, at least, we can rest assured that any sunscreen application will be performed by a district employee of the proper gender, sexual orientation, intersectionality, transition status and racial/ethnic considerations matching those of the student to prevent unwanted emotional triggering.

Sorry; I couldn't resist. The world just keeps getting weirder and weirder, but yet if one wants participate in a plural family according to Biblical principles that's a level of shame too creepy for public consumption.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOLOLOLOLOLO! It would probably absolutely blow our minds if we knew just HOW much taxpayer's money was and will be doled out to make sure this new job security description keeps somebodies on their butts warming a chair!!!

Back