• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.
A

Anonymous

Pygmies and Dream Giants is a true story of a man who travels through the mountainous areas of the Philippines in 1954. His purpose is to do psychological testing on the natives which includes gathering information on their dreams. Though written by a Mormon it has nothing to do with that religion nor does the author mention it. Snowflakes will not like his psychological testing because it compares remote tribes' perceptions of reality with American perceptions of reality. After all, we must not make new discoveries if they prove the snowflakes wrong. I don't want to ruin the story so I don't want to tell you too much other than he learns first hand about the courtship process and lives to tell about encountering head hunters and cannibals. Beyond that, he familiarizes the reader with some customs that continue in remote places. I can tell you of my own experience in that same area where locals told of a bus line discontinuing service because of a fatal accident. The tribe required at least one of the drivers or employees of that company to be killed or the spirits would be angry with them. It became somewhat of a national crisis but finally there was a huge fine paid to the tribe and the bus company could never service the area again.
If the storyteller weren't so talented I would not even be recommending the book but it's fantastic. This is truly my top choice in books that are not religious. And it's a true adventure with a horse, a native guide who knows the local customs and superstitions of all kinds described in great detail. Book reviewing is not my thing so just read the book! Okay?

I just looked on Amazon. They have one book for $160. That is not a typo. I’ll look at other sellers.

AbeBooks.com has them from $6.65 to $25. Ok, maybe I will read the book. Lol

Back