• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Question about "Answers In Genesis", Nathaniel Jeanson, Mitochondrial DNA and Y chromosome based genetic research

Going back to your original question I can indeed give you an example of how genetic diversity can provide a positive outcome for a population.

COVID-19.

Most people can survive the infection without any significant medical interference because due to genetic diversity they are naturally immune to the disease or they are immune to its worst effects.
@MeganC, I should point out that I have not responded because this too does not at all answer my question. You are actually proving my point - people already had immunity to Covid before the pandemic, the information already existed, and was then selected for. According to what you said yourself, no new information was involved, which is exactly my point. To disprove my point, you need to give an opposite example to that:
give just one example of a wholly new and beneficial feature being created through simple reshuffling of DNA.

1. DNA does not get reshuffled in individuals but in populations.

2. The DNA that will give a 'wholly new and beneficial feature' is not going to be immediately obvious because it takes time to become the dominant DNA profile in the population. This is also impacted by changes in environment. If the environment does not change sufficient to cause existing populations of a species to die out then there is no reason for change.

The best example is the way the peppered moth populations swing back and forth from dark being dominant to light being dominant.

Here's a nice video for you to explain how this works:

Again, light and dark peppered moths already existed in the population, and get selected for depending on the environment (except it's largely a myth, but it's a cute illustration that does teach the principle of natural selection well). This is selection of already existing information.

Still completely missing the point.

Again, light and dark peppered moths already existed in the population, and get selected for depending on the environment (except it's largely a myth, but it's a cute illustration that does teach the principle of natural selection well). This is selection of already existing information.

Still completely missing the point.
Not only that. Any evolution where dark moths might be able to come from light moths, wouldn't take millions of years to transpire.

I'm sorry but I do not go for convoluted explanations of anything including distant starlight.

Occam's Razor is always where I start with anything: The simpler explanation is to be preferred.
Yeah I think quantum physics might be a little too convoluted for you to grasp.

Yeah I think quantum physics might be a little too convoluted for you to grasp.

Really? In all simplicity it's the understanding that at their most basic levels energy and matter have similar expressions and in some cases they can be indistinguishable one from another. It's also the understanding that the 'rules' of the universe we can physically observe (motion, gravity, inertia, heat, cold, etc.) don't necessarily apply to all states of energy or matter. Which some people would call quantum mechanics.

In microcosm I enjoy how you can observe quantum state interactions in real life. Like when you make tapioca pudding and as it cooks there's this split second where it suddenly transforms from a liquid into a viscous state and then as it cools it can become semi-solid.

Tapioca also forms in 2mm to 6mm slabs or sheets analogous to how some people view some forms of quantum strings as sheets. My impressions are that the similarities are not coincidental.

So in cooking a simple dessert you can observe expressions of both chemical bonding and the covalent bonding that occurs within the chemical bonding.

Really? In all simplicity it's the understanding that at their most basic levels energy and matter have similar expressions and in some cases they can be indistinguishable one from another. It's also the understanding that the 'rules' of the universe we can physically observe (motion, gravity, inertia, heat, cold, etc.) don't necessarily apply to all states of energy or matter. Which some people would call quantum mechanics.

In microcosm I enjoy how you can observe quantum state interactions in real life. Like when you make tapioca pudding and as it cooks there's this split second where it suddenly transforms from a liquid into a viscous state and then as it cools it can become semi-solid.

Tapioca also forms in 2mm to 6mm slabs or sheets analogous to how some people view some forms of quantum strings as sheets. My impressions are that the similarities are not coincidental.

So in cooking a simple dessert you can observe expressions of both chemical bonding and the covalent bonding that occurs within the chemical bonding.
Tapioca pudding is awful. Whoever invented that stuff came up with the ideal diet dessert. ;)

Tapioca can be awful I agree. I like Bob's Red Mill tapioca and I put in a bit extra vanilla after it cools a little.

My thing is I like tapioca because when we have extra milk I can make it into a dessert instead of throwing it out. I also like the milk to sour a little before I use it because it gives the tapioca a bit of tartness like you get with Hershey's chocolate.

Tapioca pudding is awful. Whoever invented that stuff came up with the ideal diet dessert. ;)
Fish eyes and glue!

We like tapioca here. Separate the eggs and beat the whites stiff with some of the sugar, then fold them in after the rest is cooked. Plenty of vanilla too. We use four fold vanilla from Azure Standard that is made with Mexican vanilla beans.

So what are you able to grasp when it comes to understanding the ZPE and the effects it can have on subatomic particles and on gravity?

That was needlessly insulting. We want the ladies to participate on the forum. These kind of masculine interactions keep most of them from doing so.
We shall have a discussion and see where it goes. Quantum physics is not the sort of thing most people can grasp, so it would be like someone telling me that I have no grasp on how to perform brain surgery. I would hardly feel insulted if someone said this about me, since I know it is true.

We shall have a discussion and see where it goes. Quantum physics is not the sort of thing most people can grasp, so it would be like someone telling me that I have no grasp on how to perform brain surgery. I would hardly feel insulted if someone said this about me, since I know it is true.
Good luck. That woman rarely loses conversations.

So what are you able to grasp when it comes to understanding the ZPE and the effects it can have on subatomic particles and on gravity?

The way I see it is that zero point energy permeates the entire universe. Even in the absolute empty void of space there will still be energy. Other people have more complex ways to express this like in saying that ""empty space is the convergence of all ZPE".

To me empty space is the absence of everything but ZPE.

This topic gets into things like uncertainty principle and this fascinates me. The idea that every object has a quantum state that defines its location, velocity, and time of existence in the universe has some intriguing possibilities to it.

Like can you change the quantum state of an object to say that instead of existing here and now it exists 15bn light years away and 20,000 years in the past? And then it would instantly be there because it would be impossible for it to be anywhere else? It wouldn't travel anywhere so the speed of light as a limit would be intact. Things could simply exist in one place and then exist in another. And maybe a different time as well.

Going back to your question about subatomic particles and gravity the study of ZPE and etc. (trying not to irritate FH with too much detail here) the broader discussion would appear to be leading to a Grand Unified Fields Theory because so many new discoveries and understandings are fitting together instead of contradicting each other.

The way I see it is that zero point energy permeates the entire universe. Even in the absolute empty void of space there will still be energy. Other people have more complex ways to express this like in saying that ""empty space is the convergence of all ZPE".

This topic gets into things like uncertainty principle and this fascinates me. The idea that every object has a quantum state that defines its location, velocity, and time of existence in the universe has some intriguing possibilities to it.

Like can you change the quantum state of an object to say that instead of existing here and now it exists 15bn light years away and 20,000 years in the past? And then it would instantly be there because it would be impossible for it to be anywhere else? It wouldn't travel anywhere so the speed of light as a limit would be intact. Things could simply exist in one place and then exist in another. And maybe a different time as well.

Going back to your question about subatomic particles and gravity the study of ZPE and etc. (trying not to irritate FH with too much detail here) the broader discussion would appear to be leading to a Grand Unified Fields Theory because so many new discoveries and understandings are fitting together instead of contradicting each other.
Also it was very important for the Stargate: Atlantis team . The wraiths would have destroyed them in episode 2 without it!

OK, you are on target, So now do you understand how the prevalence Virtual particles can affect what Dr. Ross and others often think of as constants in the universe? Have you ever heard of Dr Ray Fowler?

Back