• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Question for those of you called into this lifestyle

cdonport

It's been about two years since i've been on here. I just had to do a lot of soul-searching with my husband. We both decided to read the entire Bible. We've grown so much in our knowledge of Yeshua and our Heavenly Father has taken us on an amazing journey.

My main question is, when you really ask yourself why you want this lifestyle what do you come up with? I felt called into this lifestyle long before my husband did. Sometimes I worry that I push him too hard to be as passionate about it as I am. We tried it in the past unsuccessfully- some of my earlier postings showcase this. Since then my husband hasn't attempted to court anyone. And we are very happy with just the two of us; we are best friends and we really enjoy each other's company. So sometimes I question if we even need another wife? But my heart or maybe it's the Holy Spirit keeps pulling me in this direction and sometimes I become confused as to why? Has anyone else felt this way and what do you do about it?

I feel this way too. No clue what to do about it other than pray. I am happy with my husband, just the two of us and our kids. But it's almost like there's another space to be filled. I don't feel like I'm lacking attention or affection from my husband so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I see posts or responses on here about what your reasoning should and shouldn't be for wanting PM and sometimes they seem a little conflicting. I just keep praying that God will lead me where I'm supposed to be.

Back