• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Thoughts

truthfinder1967

Good Evening brothers and sisters,

The following is something I have written in my journal, although I have made it to where is would be read for everyone, not just myself. If anyone has any thoughts after reading please share.

Where do I come from? Why am I here? What is my purpose for being? Is there something more to life? What will it be like after I am gone? These are just some questions that mankind has asked itself since the beginning of time. I ask these questions all the time, sometimes I think I have the answers, and sometimes I don’t. I never stop searching though, or questioning. I guess that is why we are so curious a race; curiosity can help us or hurt us, especially if we don’t understand the answers. Most times, I think about what it will be like when, and if, I am graced to get to heaven. Things like, will I remember everything about my previous life, or will they fade away to nothing, as if they didn’t exist. If this is the case, then why go through the life at all? If things we experience and the people we love will not be taken with us, then why have them in the first place? What was my purpose for living? There is no greater love than the love from God for us, but there are always differing degrees of love. Like the love for God, the love for our spouses, the love for our children, the love for our parents, the love for our relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents…etc.), the love for our friends, and the love for our fellow man. Each is a different type of love and each has differing degrees. Like the bible says, therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh, this in no way is meant to suggest that the love for our parents will disappear, just that our wives will have a higher love than that for our parents and that our duties will be towards our spouses.

Now one purpose for my life is to love and worship God, but clearly, if God only wanted creatures that would only love and worship him, then he could have made them to where that’s all those creatures would do. However, he didn’t, why? And to what other purpose could he have in mind for us, not only as individuals, but as a race as well. To this end, I have no answers, only intuition. Jesus used a parable in the bible about a Master and his servants. The Master handed out talents, money, to each of his servants, and then told them to multiply what he had given them. In the tale, all the servants, save one, went and did as their master commanded, and each in turn multiplied what they had been given. The one that had been given one talent put his in the ground to keep from losing it, which displeased the Master immensely. In the context of what Jesus was teaching is that each of us has been given resources and gifts to use, some have been given great wealth and power, while others have been given very little, but it is clear, that whatever station we have been given in life, or what God has Blessed us with, we must used the gifts for the purpose that he had intended.

To look at it this way, a man with multi-million dollar wealth has the resources available to affect change on a much wider scale, and affect many more people’s lives than one that struggles by on the minimum. The one that struggles by on the minimum is in no way helpless, nor can it be said that they can not affect change. The change will not be as great as the man with wealth, but the man of little can still use what he has to change things, after all the Shepard will leave 99 of his sheep, to go after the 1 lost one. He can live a life of Grace with God, showing an example to others that will lead them to Christ. He can be kind, not bitter. So basically the man with little can lead people to Christ, even if it is one person at a time, or even just one person. Whereas the man of wealth, he will be expected to accomplish great things with the resources given to him. I believe that we all will be asked, what did we do with the gifts we were given, and how did we use them to make life better for our fellow man, how did we use what we were given to serve God and to bring others back to God’s Grace. I believe we will be asked; how did we make life better not only for ourselves, but others as well. Just as a man can be wrong for burying one talent, so too can a man be wrong for burying multiple talents, if what we have been blessed with is not used for the purpose God’s wants us to use it for, then we have wasted his blessing’s and we will be held accountable.

So all this relates to purpose, what other purpose does God want from me. Obviously my work here is not done, or else he would have called me home by now, for another blessing is one of longevity. How much time has he given each of us? What does he want me to do with the time I have been given? I still do not know. All I can do is to love him and worship him and to do the best I can with what I feel he wants me to do. I may never see what he wants from me. I use the expression from time to time of God having a tapestry of life, not only for me but for all of mankind as well. I am merely a thread in this curtain, I may not be a major piece, but I am still needed for the whole, for what other purpose would I be alive today if I did not play a part in the grand scheme of things. I may only see what is in front of me, but God sees the entire product. From start to finish he sees the end result, and everything that must happen to make it so. To give you an example of what I mean, let us say a person discovers the cure for cancer in the year 2010. Well how did that person come to be? Two hundred years ago if Joe Doe and Jane Deer did not get married, then the man that discovers the cure would not have been born in order to discover it. So when Joe and Jane get married and have kids, their kids have kids, and so on until the cure is found. Did Joe and Jane see that they needed to get married and have kids so that this could come about, of course not, but God did. This is his tapestry, we may not see, but he does. What exactly is my purpose, I still do not know. I ask but I do not dwell. God’s plan for me will be revealed when the time to comes. I put Christ in charge of my life, I let him drive me to where he wants me to go. I do what I he wants me to do, and I say the things I believe he wants me to say, because he is in charge. I hope and pray that I have the strength to come out onto the water and meet Christ when the time comes.

Good Evening and God Bless

Chris

Hello,

I think that the Bible makes it clear that "without a vision (prophetic revelation) the people dwell carelessly". To me, it important to pray, hear God's voice, and discover what our individual purpose is for life... I think most of us flow in and out of it, rather than travel in the center of it. It is so easy to get off track, putting our eyes on ourselves instead of God and His design for us. What say you?

DaPastor said:
Hello,

I think that the Bible makes it clear that "without a vision (prophetic revelation) the people dwell carelessly". To me, it important to pray, hear God's voice, and discover what our individual purpose is for life... I think most of us flow in and out of it, rather than travel in the center of it. It is so easy to get off track, putting our eyes on ourselves instead of God and His design for us. What say you?

Good Evening brother and agreed, my life is lead by God and his scriptures for certain. This was some of my thoughts for;

DaPastor said:
God and His design for us.

My thoughts puts things in perspective, my readings allow me to hear, and my understanding allows me to see the truth. I merely follow the scripture when I ask, like here;

2 Chronicles 1

11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:

12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

An understanding of the scriptures, God's word and will for me is always the reason for the search for truth. :D Thanks brother and good evening.

Back