• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Rapture Video

I am reminded of Heinlein's observation (arguably one of the very FEW that he got more or less right when it comes to religion ;) ) that
"one man's theology is another man's belly laugh."

The "doctrine of imminence" and the so-called 'pre-trib-Rapture' probably fall into that category for me, right along with Monogamania.

I'm much more inclined to think that failure to prepare Scripturally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically for what is coming (and soon) is a lot more likely to be a precursor to the great "falling away" from Him and His Word than it is an easy 'ticket out' of the testing to come. Our Savior spent a lot of time warning about the coming huge Deception for a very good reason.

Mark C said:
The "doctrine of imminence" and the so-called 'pre-trib-Rapture' probably fall into that category for me, right along with Monogamania.

I'm much more inclined to think that failure to prepare Scripturally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically for what is coming (and soon) is a lot more likely to be a precursor to the great "falling away" from Him and His Word than it is an easy 'ticket out' of the testing to come. Our Savior spent a lot of time warning about the coming huge Deception for a very good reason.

I agree, Mark C. It is interesting to me that my belief in polygamy and disbelief in a pre-trib rapture came around the same time last September. I still consider myself a futurist in terms of the literal reign of Christ though.

Back