• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Raw Diet

nicola

Everything in the media today is geared to making Americans healthier. However, in churches you rarely hear about biblical diets. Over the past few years, I've been conducting research about how to free the body of dis-ease (unhappiness in the body). I've found....

The body is in need of being cleansed daily. Everything that we eat is not good for us, so the body innately retains the nutrients inside the food we eat and removes the excess during the process of digesting. Eating more fruits and vegetables will help cleanse the body of unnecessary fat, which weighs every organ down.

It states in the Bible that when man and animals were created, “every green herb was given for meat”. Not a single life form was given to be eaten as food. This basic truth of health has been kept from mainstream media and/or twisted to keep us going to the local drug store. All in all, depriving our bodies of the necessary ingredients to maintain good health.

It was Hippocrates who stated “let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food” and it’s medical doctors who take this oath before leaving med school. So, why are so many of us paying thousands of dollars on prescription drugs everyday?

Check out these websites for more information on Raw Diets:

Living and Raw Foods http://www.living-foods.com/

Alissa Cohen's The Living & Raw Food Diet http://www.alissacohen.com/

The Garden Diet http://thegardendiet.com/

Simply Raw http://www.esoterictube.com/simply-raw.html(documentary on curing diabetes by eating raw foods)

Food Matters http://www.esoterictube.com/food-matters.html (documentary on how food is medicine)

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

After Noah parked the Ark, we were given meat to eat.

SweetLissa

Check out www.rawfamily.com while you are at it.

Sure, you can eat meat. But if you've got significant health issues, going raw vegan has been proven to revolutionize your life.

Sadly, some of us continue to have a hard time making that switch.

CecilW said:
Check out http://www.rawfamily.com while you are at it.

Sure, you can eat meat. But if you've got significant health issues, going raw vegan has been proven to revolutionize your life.

Sadly, some of us continue to have a hard time making that switch.

Yes, I did it once only for a couple of weeks but my skin....oh wow did it glow! If my insides looked as good as my outsides I can well believe it!

Sadly, I just don't think I could give up ice cream and fine cheeses on a regular basis.

x

Lasagna, Mexican food, Korean, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food ... dunno how to do them raw. *sigh*

I went to a raw food cooking class once and it was very very interesting- nothing heated over 140 degrees (I think that's correct) so as to keep the natural enzymes intact.

I have a few vegetarians and a couple of vegans in my family and am always practicing up on that type of cooking- plus I've worked in lots of food related industires and it's all quite interesting to me. My fav. veg. cookbook is called Vegan Vittles and you can get on on amazon.com for a few bucks now. I spent a couple of months in India a few years ago, working for my fam. business and boy did I learn a whole new thing or two about delicious veg. dishes. They take it seriously!

Lasagna, Mexican food, Korean, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food ... dunno how to do them raw. *sigh*
uuuhhh...sushi? :lol:

Please enlighten me - what's the difference between "vegetarian" and "vegan?"

(If that's already been posted somewhere, please forgive me and point me to the post.)

PS- I like my sushi well done. :D

Vegans don't eat any animal sourced food such as honey, milk products, gelatin, eggs, etc. Most of the time they also wont use leather products. I personally don't get the honey part but I do understand the others.

i just LOVE raw grass, alfalfa, timothy, and silage. slightly processed, of course.
you see, my Creator invented harvesters for those common, easily grown items. His havesters are truly international, but for some reason adam chose to leave the name International Harvester for a later generation. he chose names like cow, sheep, goat.......
i love grass after it has been put through a cow and comes with cream on top! (i even like the cream frozen and combined with dried sugar cane juice, but don't tell anybody that please)
grass-fed beef (buffalo if they do not trade it for its weight in gold) hamburger seared on the outside and raw as possible on the inside :!:

later, a burger with sprouted grain bread, used-to-be frozen peas and string beans with home-made salad dressing (a no-cook caserol that i just put together on the truck) is calling my name :D

Some folks feel very strongly about not supporting the industrial food production machine and the cruelty and nastiness that goes along with it. Some folks don't have money to eat meat all the time.

I'm sure that if most people had access to healthy meat, not full of 'nasties' like bovine growth hormone and stuff like that, and that was processed in a humane and clean way, perhaps they wouldn't feel the need to be totally meat free. Same thing with eggs. Have you ever been inside an egg production place? Totally gross and depressing. Don't even get me started on poultry processing- You don't want to know.

Besides, vegetables won't hurt you-they don't even have thumbs! C'est la vie!

PolyDoc:

Just like the term "Polygamy" is typically used to refer to one variety thereof, polygyny, so "Vegetarian" is typically used to refer to the following variety...

"Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians" typically eat no animal products except dairy and eggs. It it ever flew, walked, crawled, slithered, or swam -- ain't interested. No escargot, none of Steve's barely-quit-mooing bison burgers, no salmon patties, no chicken nuggets, vegetarian sushi only -- no raw fish. Oh, honey and leather are definitely allowed.

Some folks call themselves vegetarians who add only fish to the above. Naturally Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians sneer at them.

Then you get Vegans, who are pretty much like donnag described above. Naturally, they all sneer at the "Vegetarians".

But within their ranks, ... you've got the folks who think the whole Leather and Honey issue is silly. They're there for their health, and not for silly "We don't eat our furry friends *sob*" ideology. They do, however, still sneer at the Vegetarians.

The purists, of course, are like donnag described. No leather, and they wouldn't dream of enjoying the many well documented health benefits available only by robbing their little bee-insect friends. They sneer at, well, all of the above.

Finally, you come to the Raw Foodists who are typically vegan AND don't heat anything above 118 or 140 degrees, depending on who you talk to. They're usually pretty cool. Maybe because they're too busy trying to figure out what to eat to sneer at ANYBODY. :lol: Maybe because what they eat soon has them feeling so good, and they're eating so simply, that they're running around surfing and skiing and growing gardens and visiting each other and building with cob or straw bales and shopping for new clothes cause the old ones are falling off and, did I mention, enjoying themselves while they ARE off ... that they have neither time nor inclination to give anyone else grief. Life is just too much FUN!

I wanna be one of THEM!

You don't want to know.
please understand that i do know :(

everybody seems too poor to eat what is good for them, but not too poor to eat processed, sugared junk that is unfit for rats.
and then they want the health-care system to fix them.

Seems like I remember from a nutrition and dietetics class that the stuff they use to bleach sugar and flour with is the same chemical that's used in labs to induce diabetes in lab mice. I could be a bit off on that, I'll have to look it up again.

ROFL!! These discussions like this are just absolutely hilarious!

The 'vegan' and 'vegetarian' lifestyles are great.........well............except for the small brain capacity thing. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Heal ... 480629.cms

Here's the thing: there's a lot of scare tactics out there about growth hormones, cloning, etc, but absolutely no conclusive evidence to back it up. Sure it sounds bad, makes for good PETA commercials, and is great for scaring the ignorant with, but it's just simply not true. Sorta like the myth that marijuana destroys brain cells. The fact of the matter is that most people don't get enough germs and bacteria in their diet to make them healthy. We're so obsessed with being germ-free that we forget what good the germs do us. More germs = stronger immune system. And that's a fact.

What it all boils down to is your own choice. Let everyone be convinced in their own minds.

What it all boils down to is your own choice. Let everyone be convinced in their own minds.
you were doing so well until the end. i am convinced, but they say that i am out of my mind.
oh, dear

Was just reading about some foods that I didn't realize aren't considered vegan-

Most beer. Guinness is filtered using tiny amounts of gelatin derived from fish bladders. And it's not alone. While some beers are vegan, others are filtered using egg whites or sea shells, according to barnivore, a vegan beer and wine guide.

Some breads. While many simple breads are a-OK, containing just four ingredients (flour, yeast, water, and salt) many breads and baked goods are made with whey (a dairy product) or with butter, eggs, or sugar

Salad dressing. Salads are great for vegans, but not necessarily the dressing. Scan the ingredient list, and you'll often find lecithin, which helps keep oil and vinegar from separating, and can be derived from animal tissues or egg yolk (both no-no's for vegans) or from soy (OK).

White sugar. Some white sugar is processed with bone char.

Cochineal, which makes many red food dyes red, has only recently been required to be listed on ingredient labels, but it's always been made from insects.

Seems like I remember from a nutrition and dietetics class that the stuff they use to bleach sugar and flour with is the same chemical that's used in labs to induce diabetes in lab mice.
I heard that somewhere, as well.

And I like PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.

Without all those growth hormones, of course.

Back