• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

"Real" men talk about "real" masculinity

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male

I lost at deference.... lolololol

Edit: I've really had my eyes opened on this one. I've always thought poorly of men who just do whatever their wives say, but it's hard to deny all those cowboy hats and cigars. Oh, and randomly strumming a guitar while chatting.

*Looks into camera, puffing a cigar* "you know, if a man wants to be a woman, that's real manhood. *strums* 'cuz women are in charge, or at least they should be. *tips cowboy hat* and seeing women in a sexual manner is degrading. *rassles a bull or something*

Last edited:
So near the truth, yet sooo far from it.

Western society has no manhood to call boys into.

Yeah, "eye opening" and "barf inducing" were two of the reactions I had (although anyone familiar with TFM might have caught the scare quotes and been suspicious). Led to an interesting discussion with my two 10yo sons.

Inset another plug here for Sexual Utopia in Power. He comes down hard on traditional-Christian-conservative commentators who facilitate gynocentrism not from a hardcore feminazi belief system but from a soft-core "real masculinity is subservient to women" pov.

And as a tie in to the NZ news blackout and EU internet blackout threads, I just went to Amazon to get a link for the Sexual Utopia book, and it is no longer available on Amazon....

1 Peter 3:7 (KJV)
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

I honestly thought that this was a form of deference.
But at the insistence of Inigo Montoya I looked it up. I was wrong.

And as a tie in to the NZ news blackout and EU internet blackout threads, I just went to Amazon to get a link for the Sexual Utopia book, and it is no longer available on Amazon....

I ran up against this when you recommended it before...

Amazon's really gone off the deep end lately on censoring books. They've grown too powerful and I'm shifting as much purchasing away from them as possible.

I haven't read Devlin's book yet but the essay which inspired it was just epic; don't know how I missed it all these years, I see the streams of it's influence everywhere.

ooooohhhh boy I just watched that TFM vid. Wow. Just perfectly backasswards.

Never heard of those guys, by the decor and toys it would seem they have some association with country music. That used to be a genre no one loved but it's gotten popular, but it ain't what it used to be...the style is just about early 00's pop and the content is the most cringey ill advised women worship I've ever heard; just as over the top as that video.

Speaking of which, those overlays were perfect. I love how he adds no verbal commentary; absolutely none needed. The cringe speaks for itself.

I haven't read Devlin's book yet but the essay which inspired it was just epic; don't know how I missed it all these years, I see the streams of it's influence everywhere.
The book is a published collection of six or seven essays, all of which are game changers if you haven't already considered the information presented.

Back