• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Retreat WAS Awesome

Doc

Real Person
Ok, everyone! Who's coming to the July 4th retreat!! I'll be there!

Doc

Re: RETREAT IS COMING!!!

We have talked about it, but I need to reschedule some appointments for my arm in order to make it. We enjoyed the last retreat in the same location, so we would love to come again and see the crew.

Just a few more days! I can't wait to see everyone!!

Doc

My family is here now: 11 hour drive today, but a nice hike in the woods with flashlights once we got here tonight. It's very quiet now tonight - looking forward to late night chats over the coming nights.

Those of you who can't make it, please be in prayer for those who will be coming, and our time together. We hope to be able to post some video of teaching sessions before too long for others to enjoy.

Nathan

Hope you guys enjoy the Retreat and have a blessed time. I am sure there will be a good turnout and the teachings will be great. We are unable to make it this time but hopefully we will make it to the next one. God Bless everyone attending and may God take care of you on your journey to and from the Retreat.

James & Lacey

just another awsome retreat :D
in some ways it was more of a conference due to the amount teaching that was provided, but who is complaining about that? :D

the food was not as good as what julie and nita provided last year, but having their fellowship made it such a small sacrifice. :)

one of the things that was interesting, to me, was the number of people that were there that do not participate on the board. it may have been as many as half of the total attendees!

i have to get to work, so i will only add: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU BENDER FAMILY!!!!!!!!!! (because it took that whole village to make it happen ;) )

Steve said,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU BENDER FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
DITTO!!!!

Also, special thanks to those who went out of your way to make it possible for my lady and me to attend. You know who you are. I don't want to name you in a public forum for obvious reasons...and I thanked in person, as well as semi-publicly at one of the conference sessions, those that I know were responsible for helping us get there. In case there were others who helped us get there and whose help I am unaware of, thank you, as well!

And special thanks to Dr. Luck and author Tom Shipley. My lady knew several of Dr. Luck's colleagues when he taught at Moody, and her best friend, the elderly lady missionary from Canada, knew Dr. Luck's father.

My copy of Tom's book was lost the Sunday before the conference...but my Lord and Savior answers prayer, and it was returned to me Tuesday, just hours before we left for the airport. So I was able to get my new friend to autograph my slightly beat-up, but only two-week-old, copy of his book!

The conference was absolutely awesome. My lady and I both met many who it seems that we have known for a lifetime, but (in some cases) we never knew existed until a few days ago. We both loved every minute of the conference and look forward to the next event that we will be able to attend.

Once again: Thank you, Bender family, for all you did in order for this conference to happen. Also, Dr. Allen, as well as others - I'm sure I don't know everyone who worked hard to set up the conference, but whoever you are, thank you.

And all you ladies who were there: thank you for being such great Christian sisters to my lovely lady!

PS:

My lovely lady wants to add her thank-you as well. She said she really enjoyed the fellowship and now has a larger family.

(I need to convince her that participating in the forum is within her technical ability! :lol: That way, she can express it herself rather than asking me to post it on her behalf.)

Once again, I had an amazing time at this retreat!

Thank you all for the wonderful fellowship. I greatly enjoyed meeting all of the new people who came and was glad to see those I knew from before. It was a great time of refreshing and renewing. As Doc so wonderfully puts it "it was a family reunion without all the fighting."

Thank you Benders for once again being wonderful hosts.

Looking forward to the upcoming Ladies retreat in the fall. Hopefully I'll be able to make it and see all of these amazing ladies there!

:D Glad we got to come everyone was very nice hope, hope to see eveyone again some time blesssings.

I love my new family!!! Thanks Jules, and Nita for sharing your heart to me.
CB, love you girl. Betsy, you better talk to us :lol:
The best is I got to know the people who have walked me through the Word of God and gave me the hope of a closer relationship with My Lord and His People. God is sooo Awesome... To Ali,, bffffffff my kindred spirit.
So many people touched my heart. Love you guys, and I can't wait for the ladies retreat. A special shout to my spiritual sis.
dede

It really was an incredible time together, both for fellowship and for the quality of teaching from our speakers (Bill Luck, PolyDoc, Dr Allen, Doc, Tom). Just a beautiful time in a beautiful location. It was great to meet some quality new folks (and see old friends). Plus, some of us hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

It really renewed our desire to focus on getting as many folks as possible to attend a retreat: once you have been once, you are hooked. Keep an eye out in the next newsletter for Midwest and Florida options, coming up soon.

In the coming weeks we will get some video (we took a lot) and powerpoints from the various presentations posted, so others can benefit. But nothing can replicate the sweet fellowship!

Sure wish we had a recording of what Rachel said Sunday afternoon about men needing to have " :eek: fortitude." ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) She was exactly right in what she said, and managed to make us all laugh in spite of the sobering truth she spoke. Ali, we all love your "Ali-isms," especially the one about bacon...

Betsy and I loved every minute of the conference. The best thing we brought away with us is all the new friendships with many brothers and sisters who were there. There are no words that can describe the fellowship we enjoyed. To quote a preacher I once knew (he was an older man when I was still a teen), it was like having "a little bit of heaven to go to heaven in."

Doc Burkhart, in the post-retreat email, said that the first time you attend a Biblical Families retreat, you are friends; the next time, you are family. At the risk of being accused of calling Doc a liar, I must disagree with that. The first time you attend a Biblical Families retreat, you are family. At least, that is what my lovely lady and I experienced.

Let brotherly love continue. (Hebrews 13:1)
Marv

PS:

mo.nurse, as soon as I figure out how paltalk works, I will get Betsy set up to talk to all y'all on Tuesday nights.

Great Polydoc, I look forward to talking to Betsy. What a wonderful, sweet
fellowship we had.
Boy,, I wish I was there to see CB speak up and say it so passionately :D :D
CB,, tell us how you really feel,, :D :D :D just kiddin with ya lovin ya..
Right now I am deep into Prof. Shipley's book. It is great,, seriously.
See all you gals at our Retreat.
Lovin y'all dd

mo.nurse wrote:
Right now I am deep into Prof. Shipley's book. It is great,, seriously.
For many topics, it is the best exegesis I have found to date. For the remaining topics it covers, it is the only accurate exegesis in existence.

Can't wait for part 2!

PolyDoc and MoNurse,

It probably did get caught on the recording if Nathan was recording that session. You might still be able to hear in all its glory :lol: :oops:

CB

Nathan? Did you catch it on tape?

It really was one of the best things said about what we men need to be, and was from the perspective of a woman. Great stuff, Rach!

And did you happen to get Ali's "bacon" comment on tape, Nathan? (Sorry, Dr. Allen, please don't bust a gut laughing again when this post reminds you of what she said! And for sure don't think of it when you are in the middle of an important meeting at work... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

No, sorry - I don't have any of the incredible Sunday afternoon 'bull' (er, panel!) session - it'll have to live in our memories!
It'll be a couple weeks til I sort the videos, and start posting some.

nathan,
i would not admit having it either :D :D ;)

Back