• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Retreat

Mini, local retreats are going to be the current recommendation.
Local is defined by how far you would drive to meet with another family or three.

And yes, it does require a bit more personal involvement than just showing up.
Can we all just pause and reflect for a minute on how much we owe the organizers of past retreats?

Amen.

Amen. Covid waivers! What a great idea! Can we get waivers to sign about planes dropping out of the sky on us as well?

It’s complicated right now, my earlier recommendation is probably going to be the order of the day for a bit.
We will be doing good to field a summer retreat. I have no inside knowledge, that’s just the way that I read the tea leaves.

Wanting is good for the soul.
Keep wanting, the time will come.

Btw: the Zecster facilitated one three years ago that turned out good sized.
The size was matched by its awesomeness.

I just so happen to have a great connection at a hotel here in Texarkana AR and I can block a group of rooms if there are enough interested in meeting here. The meeting room fits 33 people and the dinning room is large and has been used for gatherings as well. Just an FYI

I just so happen to have a great connection at a hotel here in Texarkana AR and I can block a group of rooms if there are enough interested in meeting here. The meeting room fits 33 people and the dinning room is large and has been used for gatherings as well. Just an FYI
What are the C19 requirements in your corner of the world?
That consideration will define the workability of a retreat there.

Most everything is open fully in TXK. The hotel requires masks in public areas and they are very good at sanitizing everything. We had a very large group here last week that used the dinning room for meetings and evening get togethers and they didn't wear masks when they were gathered. It was fine because it is not required when eating or drinking. So as long as there was food and drinks out it isn't an issue.

Good to know, @Patricia C. So much depends on how religious people are about their adherence to the dictates of the Branch Covidians. I'm shocked at how many Kool-Aid drinkers there are in the north end of Fort Worth; it's almost like being back in the Soviet Commonwealth of Pennsylvania when I'm out shopping. But the other day we stepped into a restaurant, and not one person, staff or patron, was wearing a mask, so we stopped fumbling with ours.

[As an aside, I made a trip to Niagara Falls a couple months ago with my daughter and one of her friends. As locked down as New York State is, almost NO ONE was wearing masks or socially distancing. Their attitude about what the Governor has been doing on the other side of the state was very clear.]

Anyway, I'm still settling in, but meeting mask-free in Texarkana is definitely a possibility for me.

At the Hotel we have had some mask Nazis come in and make major complaints but as long as in the common areas hall's entry and elevators then it isn't a huge problem. At restraunts you have to wear one to the table and then you can take them off. It is silly but nothing major. I wear a face shield at work and make sure to sanitize the front desk and area around the front desk. But I don't wear a mask unless going to a store. Just so people don't get disjointed.
Are you in Fort Worth now? My daughter who was living down there just moved up here with me. It is nice to have the family close by.

At the Hotel we have had some mask Nazis come in and make major complaints but as long as in the common areas hall's entry and elevators then it isn't a huge problem. At restraunts you have to wear one to the table and then you can take them off. It is silly but nothing major. I wear a face shield at work and make sure to sanitize the front desk and area around the front desk. But I don't wear a mask unless going to a store. Just so people don't get disjointed.
Are you in Fort Worth now? My daughter who was living down there just moved up here with me. It is nice to have the family close by.
Yes, we're in Fort Worth now. I-35W is right outside our bedroom window!

Good to know, @Patricia C. So much depends on how religious people are about their adherence to the dictates of the Branch Covidians. I'm shocked at how many Kool-Aid drinkers there are in the north end of Fort Worth; it's almost like being back in the Soviet Commonwealth of Pennsylvania when I'm out shopping. But the other day we stepped into a restaurant, and not one person, staff or patron, was wearing a mask, so we stopped fumbling with ours.

[As an aside, I made a trip to Niagara Falls a couple months ago with my daughter and one of her friends. As locked down as New York State is, almost NO ONE was wearing masks or socially distancing. Their attitude about what the Governor has been doing on the other side of the state was very clear.]

Anyway, I'm still settling in, but meeting mask-free in Texarkana is definitely a possibility for me.
Did you come up with “Branch Covidians” yourself? That’s funny!

Well welcome to the big star!
Thanks, @Patricia. This will be my third stint as a Naturalized Texan. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be buried here -- in a pine box!

Did you come up with “Branch Covidians” yourself? That’s funny!

Well, yes and no. I woke up yesterday morning having dreamed that I had thought that up on my own, and as far as I know I did. However, I wasn't the first. Before risking wasting my day writing an article for submission, I did a Duck Duck Go search -- and discovered that a bloke in the UK introduced it in a November 20 article online (https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/a-new-religious-cult-has-emerged-the-branch-covidians/277274). The phrase was used, imho inappropriately, as early as May 16 by actual health nazi Branch Covidians in an attempt to apply the moniker to those who were in denial about the supposed rampant nature of Covid-19, but the first instance I could find of someone using it like Mr. Winter did was in an entry in the Urban Dictionary from exactly a week prior to that, on November 13.

Back