• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Scott & Kelli "How to be a High value Woman"

Interesting and valuable but might need some reconsideration for a different cultural situation.

"Sexual market value" seems to be a recurring topic.

Really cold way to say appeal to the opposite sex relative to complicating less positive factors. :cool:

It is a recurring topic, because the church doesn't talk about it. The church has bought into the romantic notion of "the one" which has fed into much of the discontent in marriages. Talking in terms of "Sexual Market Value" takes marriage out of the hands of "fate" and puts into more biblical terms of personal responsibility. I think it was @PeteR in the livestream talked about how Ruth took matters into her own hands to snag Boaz. It is important to teach the lost art of finding a mate. Dennis Prager talks about the lost art of finding a man in this episode as well: https://omny.fm/shows/dennis-prager-podcasts/pursuing-a-man

1. Beauty
2. Helpfulness
3. Cheerfulness

I would say that the last two are a requirement but I do know men who actually get turned off by beautiful women. These women can be very narcissistic, very vain, very high maintenance, and they can also be averse to commitment. Pretty seems to get more traction than beautiful does when it comes to landing a decent husband.

Like with Gilligan's Island the guys always say they'd go out with Ginger but they'd marry Mary Ann.

But if a woman has all three then I imagine she would be quite a blessing to her husband.

1. Beauty
2. Helpfulness
3. Cheerfulness

I would say that the last two are a requirement but I do know men who actually get turned off by beautiful women. These women can be very narcissistic, very vain, very high maintenance, and they can also be averse to commitment. Pretty seems to get more traction than beautiful does when it comes to landing a decent husband.

Like with Gilligan's Island the guys always say they'd go out with Ginger but they'd marry Mary Ann.

But if a woman has all three then I imagine she would be quite a blessing to her husband.
Totally agree, it seems to me like their definition of “beauty” was; look decent. Don’t cake on makeup or focus all your efforts on looking like a model. But more of, put some effort into not being overweight, decent fitness, dress feminine.

In other words like you said. Be pretty, not ugly.

1. Beauty
2. Helpfulness
3. Cheerfulness

1. Beauty
2. Helpfulness
3. Cheerfulness

I know they talked about beauty in the sense of body, but I think an important role a woman can play is bringing beauty into the home. Single men are often perfectly content with living utilitarian lifestyles. A woman who is able to display the ability to bring beauty into a home is a valuable skill a single woman can work on and develop. After getting married, I looked around our apartment one day and just saw all the color around me and texted my wife to thank her for surrounding me in color.

Just so everyone knows, @The Revolting Man totally failed to take that advice and still came out a winner!

Ps, now that the song has gotten its exercise in my head, can it be exorcised?

Last edited:
Not watched the video yet as it won't load for me but yeah...it is a term I certainly use as part of my own thinking and analysis of the plural marriage topic.

As I have mentioned in the past, I don't see a single woman ready to seek a family to be inherently more valuable than an existing family with resources, infrastructure and safe harbors to offer in the sort term and family, support for children and the ability to at least in large part enjoy the luxury of avoiding a corporate hellscape. The culture certainly seems to see them as more valuable somehow and explicitly because sexual access to a second woman is apparently not just the first but the only topic people can consider when the concept of plural marriage is mentioned. It is like bloody blinders which people can not see past.

Yes frustrating but at the same time so very boringly NPC. Preprogrammed input receives preprogrammed output. Step outside the programming and you have a blank wall.
Boring and tedious

I'd never heard it before either, just listened to it now. It's awesome. Hard to hear the words though, and you need to hear them all to get it, so this version helps:
oh wait, I have heard this song just this year. Thanks for the sharing the words.

How could you not know this song!?!? It’s a classic, an absolute American standard! I’m only surprised that Sinatra or Sam Cook didn’t cover it.
Awesome song: I had the privilege of seeing Kid Creole and the Coconuts perform it at the 1987 Pittsburgh Arts Festival in Point State Park.

Back