• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Searching

withfresheyes

As I understand it, Shulamite was having a dream, searching for Solomon. As she widened her search, chapter 3 verse 3 says, "The warchman that go about the city found me: to whom I said, "Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?" I find this interesting as I thought she would be seeking them out. Verse 4 goes on to say, "It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth:..." I'm wondering, " What exactly is the signifance of verse 3 and that the watchman of the city found her, instead of her seeking them out, inquiring of them?" Even today, some of us find it hard to seek out and ask for help. At least I do. Why is that, when those who have our best interest at heart ask us, and tell us to do. I am learning in my study of Titus Two and with the help of others, that on my part, it evidently is a control issue. I look forward to your response.

Back