• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Serious developments in Iraq and Iran

I just see more chaos being spewed upon us. It's Trump's m.o. His candidacy was started on it, and his presidency has thrived off of it. He loves to stir a hornet's nest, get people agitated, then shouting, and then feigning disbelief that he is being accused of anything amiss. Changing the script is what he does. Somehow, patriotism was telling Mexico to pay for the border wall. Then, after fighting and blustering, it became patriotic for Americans to demand their representative to approve expenditures for it. In other words, like a great pickpocket, he needs chaotic distraction to keep folks from realizing they're being victimized.

I think he's thrilled that the impeachment is going on, even if he's guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. Why? It keeps the focus on him. There's no such thing as bad publicity in his mind. As long as people are talking about him, it's all good to him. However, if it does start to go south for him, what better way than to rally your troops and claim it's all a conspiracy against him, especially during times of international confrontations? Remove a wartime president from office? Only an America hater would push for that! I'm thinking this incident is his insurance policy that also doubles as...more exposure for him.

I'm not going to say the tensions in the ME and the conditions under which the strike "may" have been necessary are being deliberately manipulated by him. I think he just takes advantage of when, where, and how.

I'm fatigued by war. I'm fatigued by the constant justifications for our ME presence and huge military build up there. Someone mentioned peace through strength in another thread. I agree. But the original intent by classic liberals (libertarians like Goldwater and Reagan) was to build up military strength to deter conflicts, not build it up to use it endlessly for 20 years and no end in sight! It wasn't for nation building.

This may be a prelude to Armageddon. I will wait and see. But I will be 100% skeptical of our politicians until I see otherwise.

Last edited:
There is a lot in here. Don't let the fear mongers get you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gradually going through an audio book of Augustine's "City of God", and ran across this quote just yesterday. I felt it was very relevant, but wasn't sure why, because I was thinking of the USA and it didn't quite fit, so I didn't post it. But I now realise God had me come across this because he wanted me to apply it to "greater Israel":
St Augustine said:
Let them ask, then, whether it is quite fitting for good men to rejoice in extended empire. For the iniquity of those with whom just wars are carried on favors the growth of a kingdom, which would certainly have been small if the peace and justice of neighbors had not by any wrong provoked the carrying on of war against them; and human affairs being thus more happy, all kingdoms would have been small, rejoicing in neighborly concord; and thus there would have been very many kingdoms of nations in the world, as there are very many houses of citizens in a city. Therefore, to carry on war and extend a kingdom over wholly subdued nations seems to bad men to be felicity, to good men necessity. But because it would be worse that the injurious should rule over those who are more righteous, therefore even that is not unsuitably called felicity. But beyond doubt it is greater felicity to have a good neighbor at peace, than to conquer a bad one by making war. Your wishes are bad, when you desire that one whom you hate or fear should be in such a condition that you can conquer him. If, therefore, by carrying on wars that were just, not impious or unrighteous, the Romans could have acquired so great an empire, ought they not to worship as a goddess even the injustice of foreigners? For we see that this has cooperated much in extending the empire, by making foreigners so unjust that they became people with whom just wars might be carried on, and the empire increased.
St Augustine of Hippo, City of God, vol IV ch 15.

US Army Tells Iraq It Is Preparing To "Move Out" Out Of "Respect For Sovereignty"
If that's true, the US Army is directly contradicting the US President, who said in very harsh language that they weren't going to leave.
If it's not true, they're planning to pull in a lot more troops under cover of darkness and the excuse that all the transport planes are taking people out, when in reality they're bringing people in.
Hopefully it's true. But either way it's weird, when compared with yesterday's headlines.

Listening to mainstream news or pseudo mainstream news is really difficult to pick through. I don't believe anyone is moving anywhere. All part of the plan.

Disinformation is part of the program.

The only thing that I believe is that we are not going to war.

But I now realise God had me come across this because he wanted me to apply it to "greater Israel":
Huh?

You do realize that Scripture gives the borders of 'greater Israel' and, I don't think anyone on here justified anything using that phrase. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you invoke it? So, why the beef?

Scripture gives the borders of the land God gave to Israel. Absolutely. One day He will restore that - to true Israel, and in His timing. There lies the issue. Only God knows who Israel truly is, and whether the grafting of the church makes the church part of that inheritance or not (a matter many debate), and who is cast out of that inheritance. And only He knows His timing. He knows all, and He will do this, in His timing.

In the meantime, for anyone to desire that a particular modern secular state take possession of the land within those borders, is a secular goal. To desire this, we have to also desire that the people currently in those lands fall into enough sin and ill fortune that the land can be taken by another. This is to desire ill on others, and is very heavily criticised by Augustine.
Your wishes are bad, when you desire that one whom you hate or fear should be in such a condition that you can conquer him.
This follows on from @Slumberfreeze's suggested way that things could play out, as well as my own musings on the same topic. He could be correct. But we should not see it as a good thing if he is...

They can't plan for our plans if we don't know what the plan is. Our president utilizes that better than most.
Which is why I'm always torn between madman and genius.

Either he's a madman that can't focus his ADHD brain....or....he's a genius that is playing 3D chess to everyone else's checkers.

We always get 16 roads to take to get to the same destination. Either he has no clue on how to read a map, or he's trying to shake the cops on his tail using 6 identical makes and models.

I also don't think it's leading to war. It's just a big diversion and smokescreen.

I'm going to repost this here as it is more on topic and so fits my feelings on the matter...

f7a083335730139b.jpg

No American should be giving their lives overseas in any war so long as the government refuses to deal with, and keeps egging on, the ongoing invasion of our country. If Iran is really our enemy, why have we let millions of Iranians into our borders?

Al-Asad, Taji and Erbil have been hit. This is of interest to me, as Taji is where most New Zealand forces are stationed.

And:
Iran is warning that if there is retaliation for the two waves of attacks they launched their 3rd wave will destroy Dubai and Haifa.
Well, that escalated quickly... Source.

Back