• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Shalom from Oklahoma

CinnamonGirl

Real Person
Female
My main intro is, of course, where else but in the Introductions thread...but this is about how I came to walk in The Way. Since childhood I've been interested in Jewish history, culture and the Hebrew language. As an adult I began to wonder why the denomination I had been in all my life followed a Jewish Messiah, but for all intents and purposes seems to deny everything about Yeshua that IS Jewish! The more I studied the Bible, the more I wondered why we didn't do the things Jesus did. During the last year of my first husband's life, he began to study about the Jewish culture Yeshua had been a part of. He did some teaching from the pulpit about what he was learning. But it wasn't until I met my husband and sw that I began to learn about The Way. I have never been compelled by them to change anything about myself. But they didn't have to force me to change my belief system...I've been as drawn to The Way as much as to them. It's been so exciting to see familiar scriptures open up to a richer, and in some cases entirely different meaning because I've been able to see them from the perspective of Torah!

Welcome to Biblical Families!

I am not officially a part of Messianic or Hebrew roots, but probably agree with them a lot, I think. Do you have a beard? (*hee hee*)

(It's pretty cool I got to be the first reply on your thread!)

Welcome to Biblical Families!

I am not officially a part of Messianic or Hebrew roots, but probably agree with them a lot, I think. Do you have a beard? (*hee hee*)

(It's pretty cool I got to be the first reply on your thread!)
'Course she has a beard... or, more correctly, the beard has her...

Actually, a bit funny, but someone yesterday asked me if a beard is required in the Hebrew roots. I jokingly told him his wife didn't need one... because it was his job to provide the beard. (Then, after some guided discussion he realized the beard wasn't a 'requirement' just very, very common.)

See @ZecAustin and @steve lol.

@CinnamonGirl thanks for sharing that. So, plural came before really learning Torah. (I'm just seeing, within the growing Torah keeping community more openness to plural than general Christianity, but it can still be pretty divisive.) How has the rest of the community around you reacted?

Blessings.

We have a loose knit community of Torah observant friends, and only one knows about our relationship. She often comes for Kiddush and asked about it. We are not "advertising" our plural relationship, but if asked we won't lie about it. It is refreshing to be able to be so open on this forum.
The Torah community still has a long way to go, but I expect easier acceptance based on the obvious Biblical nature, rooted in Torah, and the fact that single women outnumber single men in Torah circles by about a 3:1 margin. Frustrated women who want Torah men will press the issue.

The Torah community still has a long way to go, but I expect easier acceptance based on the obvious Biblical nature, rooted in Torah, and the fact that single women outnumber single men in Torah circles by about a 3:1 margin. Frustrated women who want Torah men will press the issue.
Call me ignorant, but isn't the Torah the 1st 5 chapters of the Bible? Why wouldn't anyone believe in that or teach from it, especially one who is a Christian? It's significants is not of more value than the very word of Yeshua, and should never be taken away from no matter what.

Yeshua was Torah walking... the embodiment of Torah... the Voice of the Creator that walked in the garden with Adam in the cool of the day (where He began to give Torah to mankind)... He was the Voice that called to Moshe from the burning bush... He is the One who sat and spoke face to face with Moshe in the Tent of Meeting, as a Friend Speaks with a friend. :)

Call me ignorant, but isn't the Torah the 1st 5 chapters of the Bible? Why wouldn't anyone believe in that or teach from it, especially one who is a Christian? It's significants is not of more value than the very word of Yeshua, and should never be taken away from no matter what.
What @rustywest4 said... but to clarify. Torah is generally regarded as the first five books of the Bible. They reveal the character, desires and instructions of God as well as His visible Presence as the Angel of the Lord, the righteous right hand, the Voice and other... according to Deuteronomy 18, I think, the 'one like unto Moses' would only speak and teach what Moses taught. Yeshua fills all of these roles and it is impossible to fully know Yeshua without the Torah, or understand the Torah without Yeshua. The Written Word and the Living Word are the same....

Shalom.

Welcome from Tx don't know if I said it on your other post.

Shalom and welcome from Mo.

Back