• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Share your blessings with me.

Jessie

Real Person*
Female
I hear about blessings that are bestowed upon those that embrace this lifestyle. Not just the surface ones but a deeper more spirit filled blessing. We don't have a 2nd wife YET. God is still preparing my heart but during this time and he has blessed us immensely already. From opening our eyes to demonic influences to our home being a much more grounded spirit filled place and to mine and hubs intimacy. What are some blessings God has opened up for you? Especially those in a plural marriage.

What are some blessings God has opened up for you? Especially those in a plural marriage.

I do not have a second wife, but one thing I have noticed when attending a retreat is the quality of the ladies who are present. To be successful in a polygamous lifestyle you really have to deny yourself and take up your cross and really be a servant and not put yourself first. Even the couples that don't have second wives, the wives have still had to deal with the possibility of sharing their husband and not being limiting factor in how God blesses him and his family. Outsiders think that the only way a woman could put up with this is if she were a wet noodle that could be pushed around, but the reality is that it takes a really strong and confident woman to be successful at this. In a general culture that is so selfish and me centered, the difference really sticks out especially when we are all together, which makes those get togethers really a time of joy.

I was once at a couples retreat with three other families, one polygamous, one polygamy friendly, and one monogamous. The monogamous wife sort of stuck out like a sore thumb about how everything was about her and what she wanted.

In short, one of the greatest blessings is the personal spiritual growth that is required.

The blessing that immediately comes to mind is the more open and deeper level of communication. Another is the fun sex. But the blessings are grounded in God having opened my eyes to things I'd never seen before in His Word. For that, I'm most grateful.
How dare you have fun sex! I know some church fathers who are rolling around in their graves right about now.

Back