• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Sleeping Arrangements

Soldier's Psalm

Male
Just curious what sleeping arrangements look like in a Poly household. I guess for most the wives get separate rooms. I'm just curious but If you only had 2 wives why not everyone in the same bed? I don't really like the idea of separate bedrooms for wives, especially if you only have 2. I mean they make King Size beds for a reason. Any thoughts?

There's been a few other threads on this. It's really just whatever each family wants to do. Some people share, some don't.
I would definitely want my own bed and my own bedroom. I need that space, physically (I can't even sleep with the kids in the bed, I need to stretch, lol), as well as emotionally.

Ultimately, to each their own. You do you. And you’ll likely figure it out as you go and make changes along the way. :)

For us, my two wives have separate bedrooms and I bounce back and forth. First wife is in the master bedroom with attached bath. Second wife is in the most private of the three remaining bedrooms with a bathroom directly across the hallway. It’s what we’ve done for almost two years now and it works for us...and for the home we have and the amount of people in it. :) It’s important for my ladies to have a space that is theirs that they can retreat to privately if they so desire...have a little alone time. I think it’s important for them to have some time with me that’s private and just the two of us. I enjoy it and need it as well. :) I have toiletries in both bathrooms and use whatever is convenient and makes sense. My clothes are kept in the first wife’s bedroom because there’s more room and I don’t have enough clothes to stock both bedrooms. My tobacco and ammo are kept in the second wife’s bedroom because there’s less moisture with not having an attached bath. :)

Doesn’t mean any of this won’t ever change. I’ve toyed with having a “master’s suite” (inside joke in my home with my ladies) :D, a room I stay in each night and they share the other room. But I don’t think it’d work for us, at least not at the moment, and it’s more important to them to have personal space than it it is for me to have my own...and it’s more important to me that they have a little space of their own. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :) My only rule is to not have concrete rules with the exception that we do things in love and consideration of each other. I don’t let rules or arrangements get in the way of common sense and practicality.

As for sharing a king sized bed, it’s not for me. My ass is too big and I need some space when I sleep. :D I currently have a king-sized bed in each room and it’s barely enough sometimes! Haha!!! But if it works for you, or anyone elsewhere, have at it! ;)

Our “dream” would be a home with two master suites. But we’re blessed beyond measure with the house God has given us and make it work to its best...for us. If we upgrade or downgrade in the future, we’ll make that work too...however it looks. :)

Last edited:
Haha! Just two. One in one wife’s room and one in the other wife’s room. Either way, there’s no way the three of us are fitting comfortably on a king-sized bed. :)
I thought maybe the extra king in each room was so that you could have alone time :p

Nope. I don’t need much. Between work and my little commute, I get enough. Love my ladies too much to desire any more than that. :) Maybe enjoy a pipe or cigar outside on the porch but more often then not, I’m asking them to join me after a few minutes alone. :D

Last edited:
This was from a local house listed for sale. Maybe they are plural ;)0A15FAB2-F496-4C95-A82D-73CAF64DB1EC.jpeg

What if the husband and wives each have their own room and the wives take turns going to the husband's room?
I don't know, I'm just thinking about something I saw a plural family do.

I can't imaging sharing a bed with sw unless it is just something that happens. But I could never be intimate with my husband with the other wife in the same bed. I wouldn't want to see my husband making love to first wife.... I might do things or like things different. Any way that's my 2cents.

I think it comes down to an open discussion amongst those in the family and ultimately whatever the husband feels is best for his family. He’s is the ultimate decision maker and wives should follow suit. ;)

To me the ideal is to have a Master bedroom with women’s rooms connected so each has their own bedroom and the “sleeping” happens wherever and however the man chooses. ;)

They each have their own bedroom and mine is on the truck. As an over the road trucker, my alone time is excessive.

:) Maybe enjoy a pipe or cigar outside on the porch but more often then not, I’m asking them to join me after a few minutes alone. :D

Well I'm glad to see someone else enjoys pipes and cigars, of course I'll smoke in or out depending on the cigar. I know which ones are outdoor cigars and which ones are very pleasant inside the house:D

I luckily will not have to think about sleeping arrangements, because even if I find a second wife, by that time my back will be so jacked that I will no longer sleep.

I will haunt my house like a creaky-boned ghost. I will only be concerned about haunting arrangements.

I might do things or like things different.

Sometimes the perfect way to learn is to observe and then practice with direct guidance from the one we have observed.

Sometimes the perfect way to learn is to observe and then practice with direct guidance from the one we have observed
o_O...:eek:...I can't imagine that would go over so well with most women. HAHA! :D But if it'd work for anyone, more power to them! :)

Last edited:
I luckily will not have to think about sleeping arrangements, because even if I find a second wife, by that time my back will be so jacked that I will no longer sleep.

I will haunt my house like a creaky-boned ghost. I will only be concerned about haunting arrangements.
Hahahahahaha! Oh that sounds aweful!

Back