• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Smash Baals

Applause!!!!

Great article. Requires that we stand boldly, as warrior kings for our King.

My experience over the last ten years in pursuing Torah truth is that reform won't happen from within the church. That includes masculinity, patriarchy, etc. Gonna require a small but growing cadre of men who band/network together and press forward using their gifts in daily focus to fight the culture.

Raise the next generation of men OUTSIDE the "church!" Hubby was talking to a man in our area today who was a regular church goer...until all the churches caved to the mandates. He has no use for them now.

We have never taken our family to church. Our sons are moral, but not taught to check their brains at the door and peacefully listen to the state (baal) recognized minister at the pull-pit tell them how they should understand the word.

Loading now, some thoughts precipitated by this article:

@PeteR

I like your point about pastors. We let go of our pastor when we quit the UCC and I don't miss having someone in that position. I prefer hearing the wisdom of different men than just the views of one man.

@PeteR

I like your point about pastors. We let go of our pastor when we quit the UCC and I don't miss having someone in that position. I prefer hearing the wisdom of different men than just the views of one man.
Agreed. Typically, the pastor in not vested in the community. He's looking for the next rung on his ladder... Local elders serve as the patriarchs and have a vested interest in the families. I see nearly ZERO support in Scripture for the professional class of people who are 'pastors.'

I recently read the book “Pagan Christianity” which spends an entire chapter on how the current pastor/church model has no support in scripture but was a carry over from Roman practices. They covered several other good topics in the book. I keep hoping for the next edition to come out with a section on PM.😂 🙏

elders serve as the patriarchs

I have seen others state that Elders are local, and organically grown. When an elder is looked at as a political position of sorts, the wrong people aspire to it.
The patriarchs looked to naturally as leaders ARE Elders, and they grew their abilities raising families NOT campaigning!

was a regular church goer...until all the churches caved to the mandates. He has no use for them now.
The state shut down churches as "non essential". When the church leaders agreed to shut them down, they agreed that church is "non essential".

Many former parishioners listened to the pastors and now regard church as "non essential".

Church leaders really shouldn't cry about former parishioners not coming back, as they agreed that church was "non essential".

I have seen others state that Elders are local, and organically grown. When an elder is looked at as a political position of sorts, the wrong people aspire to it.
The patriarchs looked to naturally as leaders ARE Elders, and they grew their abilities raising families NOT campaigning!
When leading position can be achieved by person without real life achievements this position will be sought by people with pschological need to control others.

Back