• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So I had a dream...

DeathIsNotTheEnd

Real Person
Male
Had an interesting dream last night.

Among several nonsensical, typical dreamlike things, there was one 'sequence' that stuck out to me. I don't think it was particularly meaningful, just a reflection of my subconscious and all that, but I thought I'd share it.

So, in the context of the scene, I'd met some woman who wanted to me my second wife. Now, I have no idea how or why that came about so obviously there's a bit of a logic hole here, but, meh, dreams lol.

Anyway. I was sitting on the couch in my parents' old house, and it was Christmas. My whole family (including extended) was there, and my wife's family (and her extended). It's worth pointing out that IRL her parents are missionaries in Mexico, and our families are all scattered. So, it's not like this was 'the usual'...definitely an idealization lol.

So I was sitting on the couch, and for some reason my wife was not present...I think she was out shopping or something. My brother in law, who IRL is very pentacostal and charismatic (way more than I am comfortable with haha), fittingly said "Mark, the Holy Spirit's telling me you have something you want to share with everyone?" And of course, being in a dream, I decided to tell them lol (hopefully I wouldn't do so in real life unless I was REALLY sure). So with everyone sitting around I nervously told them about this other woman, and how I beleived in PM. I was sure it would be a catastrophe, but in my dream (obviously lol), everyone sat quietly and listened, and when I'd finished my father-in-law nodded sagely and said "people are starting to realize that some of those old Biblical things are actually GOOD." To which my brother-in-law replied that they knew this was coming and they all supported me. Then I woke up, and I felt like crying...primarily because of the really strong sense that that is not just how I wish it would be...but because I feel like it's so clearly how it SHOULD be.

Interestingly, in the dream, there was the sense that I hadn't gotten agreement from my first wife yet!!! lol. Obviously, this is not a good thing. In the dream there was this expectation that with or without family support nothing would happen until she came on board. I just think it's funny that my subconscious cannot even conceive of a way to reconcile that lol. Truly, if my wife ever does 'come around', it will be from God :p

Back