• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So I'm Introducing Myself...

Ruth Elizabeth

Real Person*
Female
I wasn't going to post an introduction as I hate the spotlight and only joined to try the Ladies Only Weekly chats. However, I ended up commenting on more threads than I meant to, so when someone suggested I make an introduction it felt silly not to. So here I am! I am LDS but I believe that polygamy is the way that God designed for marriage to be seeing as the men who knew him best on the earth lived that way.
I am the oldest of thirteen children and yes we all come from the same mother. I spent my life moving all over the United States and Canada, and when I turned 19 I lived in England for some time. (So if ever I do come to a meet, which I doubt cause I'm dirt poor, and only living by the grace of God, just know that if I slip into a British accent I am not faking, rather I am panicking and nervous and I just happened to pick it up living there.) Now I reside in the middle of nowhere on the east coast of the United States. As for my job, I work as a children's book artist and author. I also do some art for the homeschool curriculum my mother writes. So if I comment at random times in the day, please don't view me as idle and unemployed but rather on a flexible schedule.
I am single... (Don't mention it, it makes my mother cry, but I'm picky and refuse to marry a man I don't respect or love!) So the point is that I've never actually lived polygamy, nor are my parents polygamists, I just wanted to associate with people who were, as I believe it's the right way to live.
I joined the forum to meet other girls who believe in plural marriage and hopefully make some friends. Please do not feel obligated to tell me "Welcome :)" This is just out there so you get a briefing of who I am when I comment. Cheers

Lovely introduction! Thank you! :)

I'm an oldest....with four younger sisters. My sisterwife is also the oldest....and only has sisters.
My husband is the oldest son of his mother. She had 14, but one died at birth. She was his father's third wife, but he had them one at a time. First had 6 children and divorced him. The second had two and then passed away. His mom married his dad at 18 (he was 36) and was an instant step mom to 8....two still in diapers.
We have 6 boys and 3 girls. My sisterwife has 1 boy and one girl (so far ;) )

Big families are pretty awesome. We kept ours home too, so ours is truly a family culture (not that there aren't outside influences).

I'm an oldest....with four younger sisters. My sisterwife is also the oldest....and only has sisters.
My husband is the oldest son of his mother. She had 14, but one died at birth. She was his father's third wife, but he had them one at a time. First had 6 children and divorced him. The second had two and then passed away. His mom married his dad at 18 (he was 36) and was an instant step mom to 8....two still in diapers.
We have 6 boys and 3 girls. My sisterwife has 1 boy and one girl (so far ;) )

Big families are pretty awesome. We kept ours home too, so ours is truly a family culture (not that there aren't outside influences).
Wow! That is large family! Even I have a harder time imaging it! Haha! Yes big families are amazing!
I actually was a city-public school kid and so were a couple of my siblings. My mom had dabbled in homeschool but was too scared to actually do it until we moved to a really scary neighborhood in NC. So it was actually a shift for me but now my family is more of a keep home family in the countryside and it's been honestly nicer

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself with us 😊

Welcome! I have four sisters and a brother. My older sister's middle name is Elizabeth, and one of my younger sister's middle names, is Ruth. We're Baptist, although the SBC churches that I have been a part of, are not too fond of this whole polygyny thing.

Welcome. We are glad to meet you. I'm going to push back against one of your statements.
"polygamy is the way that God designed for marriage to be"

Monogamy and polygamy are both lawful.
The apostle Paul knew God pretty well and was not married. Daniel knew God, and doesn't seem to have had a wife. Noah, the apostle Peter, and Isaac the patriarch walked with God and seem to have had one wife each. David, Gideon, Moses, Abraham, and Jacob, all walked with God, and had multiple wives.

Last edited:
Welcome, Ruth Elizabeth.

Thank you for a thoughtful, descriptive introduction. I look forward to hearing more of your perspective.

Back