• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So you want to be an alpha male?

Yea. So that is my theory: Moses could have used some more Jack Palance.
Or maybe he had high -pitched, nasally stutter like Horshack the WartHog, and Aaron had the sultry baritone of Barry White. He just needed more Barry White???

The thing is, YHWH expected Moses to do the job himself. With YHWH’s help. Remember, Moses was judging every dispute amongst the 12 tribes all by himself at a later date.
Moses was the one who chose to squat down and hug himself and say that he couldn’t. So YHWH worked with what Moses gave Him. Did anything get lost because Moses wimped out? IDK
I ask myself how many times have I taken the “safe” road? The “no one can judge me if I don’t stick my head up” action?
Maybe I am the only one that can walk away from this video with added insights. I have already used it as a teaching tool with someone who was taught as a child to never look a man in the eye.

The thing is, YHWH expected Moses to do the job himself. With YHWH’s help. Remember, Moses was judging every dispute amongst the 12 tribes all by himself at a later date.
Moses was the one who chose to squat down and hug himself and say that he couldn’t. So YHWH worked with what Moses gave Him. Did anything get lost because Moses wimped out? IDK
I ask myself how many times have I taken the “safe” road? The “no one can judge me if I don’t stick my head up” action?
Maybe I am the only one that can walk away from this video with added insights. I have already used it as a teaching tool with someone who was taught as a child to never look a man in the eye.
Looking, or not looking a man in the eye has been studied (can't remember where) and culturally that is seen as disrespectful depending on the age difference of those involved. A young boy would never look an adult in the eye in certain cultures.

Let me see if I can find where I read that.

Looking, or not looking a man in the eye has been studied (can't remember where) and culturally that is seen as disrespectful depending on the age difference of those involved. A young boy would never look an adult in the eye in certain cultures.

Let me see if I can find where I read that.
This was a woman taught to never look a man in the eye, ever. She still has a lot of issues dealing with people and this video was very informative for her.

This works for women as well. Betty Joan Perske had a high-pitched nasal voice until she got signed to the movies and got a major makeover, including voice coaching to train her to lower her voice to the sultry altro we associate with Lauren Bacall.

And parenting. You see parents raising their voice and screaming in a high pitch when they would be so much more effective by lowering their voice and speaking slowly.

Lauren Becall <sigh>.

And parenting. You see parents raising their voice and screaming in a high pitch when they would be so much more effective by lowering their voice and speaking slowly.

Exactly. We were convinced that children who only responded to raised voices had been trained to do so by the ones yelling at them.

We determined to train our children to respond the first time, to a normal tone and to only raise the volume if distance required it and only til we had their attention.

Delayed obedience is disobedience!

Exactly. We were convinced that children who only responded to raised voices had been trained to do so by the ones yelling at them.

We determined to train our children to respond the first time, to a normal tone and to only raise the volume if distance required it and only til we had their attention.

Delayed obedience is disobedience!

Same here and our slogan was/is; Obey first time!

Most parents suffer from low expectations. It amazes me how few realize that they don't have to have nagging, whiny, annoying children, if only they wouldn't put up with it. Children should be a joy to have around.

In another video Jordan Peterson talked about how ones social standing has significant affects on ones success in life and ones health. Like, if you're a beta at the bottom of the pyramid there are biochemical changes that will lead you to be sicker and age faster.

This is a place where parents can have significant long term affects on their children. The first way they learn how to behave is in watching you. How you act towards them and others, how you interact with your wife, and how your wife treats you will deeply pattern onto their own behavior and future relationships.

Back