• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Soldier's Psalm from TN

Soldier's Psalm

Male
Hey everybody. I am Soldier or JJ from TN. Been using this website for the past few weeks and finally decided I would join the forums. I kind of ended up here on a whim. I never gave much thought to polygamy until one day out of the blue I thought I would research it in the Bible. I believe everyone should know why they believe what they believe so I wanted to know why I believed plural marriage was wrong. A few days of researching had me scaring myself a little because I was having a hard time disproving it. Then I found this website and saw people coming at certain scriptures the same way I was and it got really hard to disprove. Well that was a few weeks ago and now the wife is on-board so we are just here to learn more about the lifestyle and fellowship with like minded believers. I think she may make an account later today.

Welcome to BF

Hey everybody. I am Soldier or JJ from TN. Been using this website for the past few weeks and finally decided I would join the forums. I kind of ended up here on a whim. I never gave much thought to polygamy until one day out of the blue I thought I would research it in the Bible. I believe everyone should know why they believe what they believe so I wanted to know why I believed plural marriage was wrong. A few days of researching had me scaring myself a little because I was having a hard time disproving it. Then I found this website and saw people coming at certain scriptures the same way I was and it got really hard to disprove. Well that was a few weeks ago and now the wife is on-board so we are just here to learn more about the lifestyle and fellowship with like minded believers. I think she may make an account later today.
Great way to go about discovering truth. Welcome to Biblical Families. We are from Columbia, TN.

Welcome aboard, JJ! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi and welcome. It's great to have another believer here who's willing to accept what God says in His Word! Shalom

Last edited:
Welcome!

Shalom and welcome. Truth wins!

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

Welcome!

I know the feeling. You best get used to it; the American church got itself sideways on a number of ideas.
Not just the American church, though we do have a special brand of tradition....

Not to derail the thread, but to make a point, the truth is Christianity and Judaism have defined themselves more against each other than by what the Word actually says. The result is religion instead of relationship girded by the whole Truth.

/soapbox

Welcome!

Hey JJ, I’m not new to this site but this is my first time to post anything. A few years back, I started studying about plural marriage while in Baghdad. I worked for Blackwater. But recently I started studying on a much more serious note. About two or three months ago I realized I was 100% on board. Reading this site let’s me know I am not alone. I’ve also had communications with others. Currently I’m reading Dr Luck’s book Divorce and Remarriage. I’ve gotten so many answers and now I’ve got a lot of new questions. But it feels liberating. I hope to get to know many others as well.

Back