• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Something to think about (Habakkuk)

bro. Dexter for YAH

Real Person
Male
I thought about posting this in the regular area of the forums, as i think it's an important point non-Torah observers may want to consider. But my goal is not to stir up strife. If anyone think this worthy of reposting in the general discussion board, please let me know.

The focal point here is that without the Torah (law), wrong judgment MUST go forth because Torah is the ONLY way to learn right judgment. So may we all be given wisdom in His Torah so that we are able to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Habakkuk 1:4

KJV
4 Therefore the law [Torah] is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.

NASB 1977
Therefore, the law [Torah] is ignored And justice is never upheld. For the wicked surround the righteous; Therefore, justice comes out perverted.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Therefore the law [Torah] is torn in pieces, and judgment cometh not to the end: because the wicked prevaileth against the just, therefore wrong judgment goeth forth.

^^^^ 😬 is not this what religion has done? Torn the law in pieces?

International Standard Version
Therefore, the Law has become paralyzed, and justice never comes about. Because criminals outnumber the righteous, whenever judgments are issued, they come out crooked.

Let us also keep these things in mind, because His Word endures forever (1 Peter 1:25, Isaiah 40:8)...

Psalm 119:126
It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Proverbs 28:9
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, [Torah] even his prayer shall be abomination.

Last edited:
BTW - it's Hab. 1:4, not the converse...

And I much prefer this rendering of Prov. 28:9, with the original word intact:
"He that turns away his ear from hearing torah, even his prayer is abomination (toebah)."

How many "Torah Keepers" actually obey all 613 Mitzvot?

Zero. There is no human being in history to whom all 613 apply. Straw man argument. The question is, 1) do we each obey what applies to us, and 2) why?

Zero. There is no human being in history to whom all 613 apply. Straw man argument. The question is, 1) do we each obey what applies to us, and 2) why?

Are you going to burn a city that has turned itself over to idolatry? I think there's a few that fit that description. :)

Are you going to burn a city that has turned itself over to idolatry? I think there's a few that fit that description. :)
Prolly not gonna happen. But also, prolly can't argue that there'd be a few such that the world would be better off for...

I guess you could say, such is rebellion to Him.

If we as Yisrael were sovereign as a people and a nation, rather than in the land of our captivity and scattered to the 4 corners of the earth, Torah would be the law of the land. But this is not the reality. In which case we separate ourselves from the heathen as much as possible so we don't incur that judgment when Yah burns those cities down. Come out of her so ye be not partakers in her sins.

If we were in our own land, sovereign as I stated before, under the rule of Yah alone -- we could carry out Torah based judgments that are considered "harsh" in modern society, and we'd only have to answer to Yah for it. But the problem is, carrying out such judgments as you used in your example, we are under the rule and authority of whatever heathen nation we reside in and thus subject to THEIR laws and judgments, which obviously run counter to Torah. So our position requires us to plead to Yah to set us free (as we did in Egypt), remove ourselves from the wicked, and if ever a wicked one be found among us to expel that person from among us (1 Corinthians 5:13).

Being obedient to Torah requires complexity and life long study, because Yah will reveal more as you go forward in obedience. But to not even attempt is disobedience. Jesus said, if you love me keep my commandments. And He also said he didn't come to do His will but his father's. And he only spoke his father's Word.

Shalom

I guess I was also hoping that someone would point out that in recent history there is no need for us to burn down the cities of the idolaters when they're perfectly content to do it for us.

Well, they are doing a rather inadequate job of it. 😁

Zero. There is no human being in history to whom all 613 apply. Straw man argument
Pete nailed it. There are laws that apply ONLY to men, there are laws that apply ONLY to women, there are laws that apply ONLY priests, so no I do NOT keep all 613.

I guess I was also hoping that someone would point out that in recent history there is no need for us to burn down the cities of the idolaters when they're perfectly content to do it for us.

From the looks of it that was the Federal building in downtown😥. We used to live there, I did a lot of street preaching there.

I thought about posting this in the regular area of the forums, as i think it's an important point non-Torah observers may want to consider. But my goal is not to stir up strife. If anyone think this worthy of reposting in the general discussion board, please let me know.

Ah, yes, sequestering SCRIPTURE to the separate board for those set-apart folk off in the corner that nobody wants to play with... On a forum called "Biblical" families. How much more set-apart can we get?

(Was also called a cultist tonight on account of Torah... Might be just a tad upsetted by the unrighteous judgements of those surrounding me.)

Ah, yes, sequestering SCRIPTURE to the separate board for those set-apart folk off in the corner that nobody wants to play with... On a forum called "Biblical" families. How much more set-apart can we get?

(Was also called a cultist tonight on account of Torah... Might be just a tad upsetted by the unrighteous judgements of those surrounding me.)
In due season we shall reap if we faint not 😊

I think that to help these people, we should stop fighting them and get away and let the heathen rage. Because they WILL destroy themselves, they can't help it. Portland is a shithole bc of pro-criminal Democrat policies. And as much as these people want to create an environment of violence and sexual immorality and every abominable thing, we should let them. #justletithappen

In due season we shall reap if we faint not 😊

I think that to help these people, we should stop fighting them and get away and let the heathen rage. Because they WILL destroy themselves, they can't help it. Portland is a shithole bc of pro-criminal Democrat policies. And as much as these people want to create an environment of violence and sexual immorality and every abominable thing, we should let them. #justletithappen
I’d hate to turn all of our major cities over to them, because the cities are useful for a few things, but the reality is that we don’t have any say in the matter, do we?

Back