• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Song of Solomon side stepped

I talked to a gal this week about poly. I tried to come at it as another option of biblical marriage and a choice for husbands if God put another woman in his life... her argument was, we weren’t brought up this way, blah, blah, blah. Somehow our conversation turned to the animal kingdom. I mentioned it’s interesting how the Lions are a tribe in a poly-like situation. She said, “ya but all the lionesses do is fight with each other, what does that teach the cubs/kids?” I said, ‘you should probably only have one kid?” It was a knee-jerk response, I wanted to laugh so hard. Sheesh many husbands and wives fight in a mono marriage, maybe we shouldn’t marry?? I say that with humor. She didn’t want to hear any scripture. God is a God of order and Poly was chaos and sin.
I know I was once where she is. I see the word from the preacher and traditions of men (or the fear of men) be held at a higher authority above God’s Word or even our husband’s. It deeply saddens me.
How we have cultural-ized the God of our very existence and made Him into our own image.

It deeply saddens me.
How we have cultural-ized the God of our very existence and made Him into our own image.
Very sad indeed. And the abandonment of the Holy word of God for the beliefs and ideas of sinners has enabled this culturalized view of God to become unquestionable. The monogamy-only position is an attack on the character and nature of God, especially as it makes Him out to be a sinner for taking more than one wife.

She didn’t want to hear any scripture. God is a God of order and Poly was chaos and sin.
I know I was once where she is. I see the word from the preacher and traditions of men (or the fear of men) be held at a higher authority above God’s Word or even our husband’s. It deeply saddens me.

This is how most Christians approach theology. They go to scripture to justify their cultural beliefs/practices; not to discover how God would have them act.

Almost fell out of my chair laughing at this thread!! Brilliant!!

The short version is to rip the 'Islam is right about women' page out of the playbook...

'God is a polygamist (Eze. 23)'

Love God? Must therefore love polygamists.

Hate polygamists? Must therefore hate God... :D

@Daniel DeLuca … post that on the church bulletin board... LOL!!!!

That is a great idea! :)

I know I was once where she is. I see the word from the preacher and traditions of men (or the fear of men) be held at a higher authority above God’s Word or even our husband’s. It deeply saddens me. How we have cultural-ized the God of our very existence and made Him into our own image.

It is amazing how different the view is now.

It is very sad, the masses trapped in a lie.

It is amazing how different the view is now.

It is very sad, the masses trapped in a lie.
Sad indeed yet the key to unlock that trap is right there in front of them. And for those who have had the key handed to them and shown how to unlock that trap, I see the vast majority cover their eyes, block their ears and tell us to go away; they don't want the liberty.

I do not understand why most Christians compare polygyny with homosexuality, it is not wrong or out of the order of creation for a man to be attracted to various women. Even Muslims practice polygyny. Polygyny is in accordance with Genesis. For woman was made for man.
If the woman had been made at the same time as the man and not because of him, I would agree that polygyny would be wrong. Feminist Christians do not accept polygyny because they know it would destroy their attempt to make God egalitarian. I confess that I like to provoke people, so I have already spoken to other Christian women that polygyny is not a sin and they hate it.
Yeah I have had similar discussions with one other friend. I know I have unsettled her but she's still messaging me in general and we are talking on other biblical matters so...

I know I have unsettled her but she's still messaging me in general and we are talking on other biblical matters so...

That's good. What you don't want to be is a dead horse beater. If poly is THE issue for you, they'll think you have a hangup / alternative motives the brings your opinion into question. But if we're having spiritual conversations about a range of topics then it's just a bit of evidence for how we're willing to be true to scripture even when it means being counter-cultural.

That's good. What you don't want to be is a dead horse beater. If poly is THE issue for you, they'll think you have a hangup / alternative motives the brings your opinion into question. But if we're having spiritual conversations about a range of topics then it's just a bit of evidence for how we're willing to be true to scripture even when it means being counter-cultural.
Exactly...

Back