• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Southern Ohio regional retreat, April 12-14th, 2024

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
With all the winter retreats, you may be thinking, 'does this BF retreat guy have a job'? Well, no, he doesn't right now - that may change, so trying to take advantage of it now.

So I'd like to hear from you if you'd consider coming to an April 12th hotel retreat, and are from the above states, or the NorthEast, because we never seem to get to New England. (Are there actual Yankee's accepting of polygny?) What I have in mind right now is very roughly the I-70/I-77 intersection in east Ohio. Looks convenient for driving, and hotels look cheap(ish). Would have to find one with a meeting room for decent price, so this could shift, an hour any direction.

But we'd want to hear from at least 5 or 6 families that were interested first, before nailing this down. Reply here, or DM me, or write retreats@biblicalfamilies.org and let us know that this location and date is something that would likely work for you! If you haven't had a chance to meet other like-minded families, don't wait, this is the year!

That's an hour from my Grandma. Tempting but doubtful we'd be able to make it up there right in the first couple weeks of gardening season.

It would depend on if there is a large summer retreat in the works. We definitely enjoyed the small group we met in St. Louis. However, we also want to experience the larger retreat and if they were close together we wouldn't be able to go to both of them. If the retreats are close together we will go to the main/larger one.

Thanks for asking!!

It would depend on if there is a large summer retreat in the works. We definitely enjoyed the small group we met in St. Louis. However, we also want to experience the larger retreat and if they were close together we wouldn't be able to go to both of them. If the retreats are close together we will go to the main/larger one.
Thanks, the big summer retreat is likely August again.

Hey! Sorry I missed this thread! We would be interested for sure! Travel is tricky from the tip of the Mitt on only one income, but Ohio is plenty close enough!

Well, I am now leaning toward encouraging people to hold out for the big summer retreat, as some interested have changed there minds. I think we'd be too small to make it worthwhile to travel for new folks. Writ us at retreats@biblicalfamilies.org and we'll keep you informed about the summer event.

Last edited:
Back