• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Speak the Word in truth, even if you're fired for it!

Courting4Life

Real Person
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck ... 31650.html

I've never watched the show "Duck Dynasty". In fact, I chose not to have cable television in the house years ago and don't regret the decision one bit. However, I came across the above article while logging into email and am going to have to check it out.
Way to go Phil! Now we just need to get our freedom of speech and religion back, then Christians could even keep their jobs! God bless you Phil.

phil did not need the "job" and it is my belief that he chose to blow it up.

I want to be like him when I grow up :D

I want to be like him when I grow up

Well Steve, your beard is what?, 3/4ths the way there already! Just need to offend a few more people now.

In seriousness:
Check out the DrudgeReport top-headlines tonight (I grabbed the timeline link from tonight, so it should always be here), and just read the comment section from any news story on this - like this one:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-indefinite-666808
I think the backlash here is seriously working against A&E, political correctness, and the gay agenda of the MSM.
Sure, they'll sweep it away, and stop covering - but more people have had enough, it appears to me.

I doubt this is the end for DD - someone else will pick them up. And he'll get to keep voicing his very simple straight forward take on the gospel.

(I wouldn't mind if this is thread is in the public section - but won't do it without OPs permission.)

Feel free to move it Nathan. My placement was happenstance.

I'm not suggesting we attempt to martyr ourselves, or be removed from our jobs purposefully. However, Phil has every right to believe as he does. What I see GLAAD and A&E committing is an act of religious persecution, which is much different than the verbalization of ones beliefs. I believe their response brings light to their own intolerance, and pray that Mr. Robertson and his family "...stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1Cor 15:58

Nathan, everybody keeps calling me Si, I am trying to work my way up :D

Back