• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Speaking of conspiracies....

Great article.

I've talked to alot of Veterans who would rather use marijuana to treat their ptsd instead of the highly addictive pharmaceuticals that the VA prescribes them. Sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil), and fluoxetine (Prozac) Each Pharma Co. donates large sums of money to The War on drugs. Then add in Zanax, klonopin, and other benzodiazepinese used to treat aniexity and there's a cocktail for disater. The Narcotics prescribed do so much damage to the liver and kidneys that many develops health problems that are treated with more pharmaceuticals. Then there are the side effects of that cause suicidal and homicidal thoughts, as well as other physical ones.

Last edited:
There are way too many conflicts of interest. The private prisons, and prison bonds, the law enforcement growth industry, the insane profits with big pharma, etc. ad nauseum, and all of these groups lobbying for laws to protect their own interests. Any law in excess of those given by our creator never has never, and will never, benefit the people.
It is insane that people still think that govt. with all its excesses and waste is a benefit.

Does everyone realize we have the highest percentage of people in jail bondage in the land of the free inc?
The legal industry / gov grows and can control people more, lawyers, private prisons, etc make more money this way.
Then, the pharma industry has less competition and makes people addicted to their pharma. I think much has to do with control of the sheep and draining them.
Then the media has to tell us we are the most free and is not obvious, we aren't that free. I heard once, as long as you obey all the laws of the land and pay all your fees, you are free. Jaja Obeying masters and pay their tribute to be free? What kind of freedom is that?
Prohibition profits many in the ruling class and their friends, gives them more power over us. When I was a child, I used to think it was a good thing. I have no interest in getting high or low, but love real freedom.
Even God gives us free will. Who are we to supersceed God?

I agree with most of this article. I agree it should be legalized. I agree powerful special interests are trying to restrict it's legality. I agree that cannabis products have wide ranging medical benefits.

But:
Let's not fool ourselves. Cannabis proponents are a special interest too. They ain't lobbying out of altruism. They stand to make huge profits.

Cannabis is often promoted as a cure-all snake oil. It's not.

Remember, it doesn't take a rich and powerful special interest conspiracy to make something illegal. The WCTU was a grass roots movement that was largely responsible for alcohol prohibition.

There are way too many conflicts of interest. The private prisons, and prison bonds, the law enforcement growth industry, the insane profits with big pharma, etc. ad nauseum, and all of these groups lobbying for laws to protect their own interests. Any law in excess of those given by our creator never has never, and will never, benefit the people.
It is insane that people still think that govt. with all its excesses and waste is a benefit.

Romans 13?

I'm distrustful of our Leviathan government too, and see very little of the original Constitution in what we have now. But, governments serve purposes we have long forgotten. There have been blessings long ago secured that we take for granted. There are protections we enjoy that we don't even think about.

The mere fact that we post freely on this site without fear of repercussions is one benefit I'm enjoying.

Cannabis proponents are a special interest too. They ain't lobbying out of altruism. They stand to make huge profits.
Meanwhile, back on topic, there are in fact some business interests that would make a lot of money if they could corner the market on cannabis before it is decriminalized, but they haven't really ramped up the spending on advocacy yet. I'm no more a fan of having Monsanto control cannabis production than I am of the War on Drugs. Basically we're watching behemoth corporate interests duke it out over who's going to make the big bucks off of the rest of us.

I have never seen cannabis promoted as a cure-all. I've seen it promoted as a specific remedy for a lot of specific illnesses, so that may give some the impression it's a "cure all", but no one who is actually active in promoting the decriminalization of cannabis thinks of it or promotes it as a panacea.

I'm no more a fan of having Monsanto control cannabis production than I am of the War on Drugs. Basically we're watching behemoth corporate interests duke it out over who's going to make the big bucks off of the rest of us.
Last thing we need is Monsanto producing another genetically manipulated plant.

I agree with most of this article. I agree it should be legalized. I agree powerful special interests are trying to restrict it's legality. I agree that cannabis products have wide ranging medical benefits.

But:
Let's not fool ourselves. Cannabis proponents are a special interest too. They ain't lobbying out of altruism. They stand to make huge profits.

Cannabis is often promoted as a cure-all snake oil. It's not.

Remember, it doesn't take a rich and powerful special interest conspiracy to make something illegal. The WCTU was a grass roots movement that was largely responsible for alcohol prohibition.

Yes! Some of the cannabis claims are beyond ridiculous. I've heard claims fro.powering cars to curing cancer and everything in beaten. I'm for legalization for a host of reasons but I think we should be honest and just say it's because this isn't an appropriate area for government involvement. Not this self defeating claim that its such a good thing government should be involved.

Ultimately its principalities and powers that pull people depending on what is in their hearts. We should not have so many special interest groups steering our nations direction. We have the pharma masters, military industry, bankers all manipulate what our beast does. The media is also under a strong influence of a few interests and owners.
Back to canibis, follow the money and special interest groups pulling the strings. Behind all that is a dark power of self, greed etc.
I read, here we are 34 times more prone to get shot by police than in Europe. They list several possible reasons. One of them is the us vs them mentality. Many of our cops are ex military and there is a blue code to cover for each other. Fear based calls are usually not good. In South America many army guys patrol the street but are respectful young men and women, not arrogant. Here there is a fear factor, a culture where many are arrogant and bully.

Many of our cops are ex military and there is a blue code to cover for each other. Fear based calls are usually not good. In South America many army guys patrol the street but are respectful young men and women, not arrogant.
Please clarify the statement. Are you saying that US Army guys are arrogant, disrespectful, and prone to making dessicions based on fear? Unlike your South American Friends.

Ultimately its principalities and powers that pull people depending on what is in their hearts. We should not have so many special interest groups steering our nations direction. We have the pharma masters, military industry, bankers all manipulate what our beast does. The media is also under a strong influence of a few interests and owners.
Back to canibis, follow the money and special interest groups pulling the strings. Behind all that is a dark power of self, greed etc.
I read, here we are 34 times more prone to get shot by police than in Europe. They list several possible reasons. One of them is the us vs them mentality. Many of our cops are ex military and there is a blue code to cover for each other. Fear based calls are usually not good. In South America many army guys patrol the street but are respectful young men and women, not arrogant. Here there is a fear factor, a culture where many are arrogant and bully.
Exactly @cubanito. It's about the darkness in men's hearts to obtain power for its own greedy sake. That is pure biblical.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's not restricted to Israel, Jews, or any one group. That's my beef about your previous statements, not you personally.

Students of history know that there always have been powerful entities controlling commerce, foreign relations...all of it. It's not unique to our times. They were called monarchs back in the day. Now we just call them "elites and ruling families", whatever.

In my book, it's a cop out to blame all our ills on "special interests" (Israeli or otherwise).

It only takes a spark to start a fire. Organize your own special interest group to combat things. It's amazing what united voices can do to overturn things. If we just throw up our hands and say "Those Israelis/Jews and their special interests are out to control us" gives them too much power and defeats our spirits without a fight.

This country has been good to my family for generations, but it isn't perfect. Like my family, I don't always agree with the things they do, but I still love and defend them. I don't call them beasts and ascribe diabolical epithets.

I'm trying to be nice Cubanito, but some of your recent posts have really gotten under my skin. Here's another one. Is there anything good about this country? I don't give a rat's pituty about Europe or South America. I'd feel much safer walking down the streets of Compton than the average streets of Rio de Janeiro or most South American countries. Perhaps it's the ALTERNATIVE media special interest that has propogandized many to think we live in an irreparable crap hole where special interests and ex military vets are out to get us. Of course those alternative media outlets are pure driven and have no ulterior motives...right?

There is something very wr
Please clarify the statement. Are you saying that US Army guys are arrogant, disrespectful, and prone to making dessicions based on fear? Unlike your South American Friends.
Not military, police here is becoming more militarized. Maybe police is afraid of people and people are afraid of police. Maybe this creates more trigger happy situations. Like a battle field situation. South America has a lot of low level corruption. But, for the most part, police is not as arrogant. Believe me, there are a few but is not the norm.
State side, I have met good respectful cops, but a lot of others act like bullies. What causes that? I think is fears and prejudices.
Why are we 30 times more likely to get shot by law enforcement here than other developed countries?
Am I the only one who sees it that way? There are many good respectful cops out there, but many command respect with fear, why?
I know is a hard job, but still. Why intimidate people.
If I was military in a foreign land enforcing "liberty" with big weapons, don't understand the language and culture, I would be very stressed and this is an unfortunate situation. A recepe for disaster. That is understandable.

Here is not an occupation situation. They are supposed to help and protect us the tax payer citizens. Not intimidate and bully. Real respect is not commanded with fear right?

Why are we 30 times more likely to get shot by law enforcement here than other developed countries?

Here in our corner, or rather county, it's worse then any other county in Arizona.
Here is an article about the disparity, and stats.
I agree that fear is a factor, but behind some of the distrust of law enforcement I think is the growing realization that they are no longer protecting and serving the people, it's all about raising revenue.
That tidbit shared in the article Andrew posted, that 80% of people who had property confiscated by police were never charged indicates a huge amount of legalized theft is going on.

There is something very wr

Culture. These stats are highly skewed by the large inner city populations in the states.
I'm not accepting the stat you provided, I'm just too lazy to research this when life experience will do just as well.

Having visited Sweden on many occasions I can say that their largely monolithic culture does not contain the same violent criminal element which several of our cities do.
I imagine as French cops are getting attacked more and more these days as their culture shifts from immigration, we'll be seeing more and more shootings from European police as they adapt. It's catchy to throw a stat around like that but it's really not that meaningful.
L.A. is going to have quite a different experience for police dealing with gang violence than say police in New Hampshire or Stockholm.
It's often a mistake to say "US" or American without realizing there are several cultures in the states as we are larger than all the European countries combined.

Perhaps a better question is: Why do L.A. police get attacked by criminals more than do police in Stockholm?

...the average streets of Rio de Janeiro or most South American countries.
Or how about the flavelas in Brazil. That'd be a fun experiment, see how long the tourist survives in a flavela.

My recollection is that if you take out a handful of urban populations in the US then violent crime statistics drop to relatively good compared to the rest of the world. This information is usually circulated by Republicans pointing out that said urban areas are controlled by Democrats and have been for a long time (think, Chicago...). But the numbers check out, and just because it has partisan application doesn't mean it's false.

All we can do is try to discern what we can. We must continually pray for discernment so we can see reality and try to share with open minded truth seeking individuals. No sacred stumbling blocks. Remember the Eze 14 principle.
Here is a funny video
What is the Bible's, "come out of her my people" about?

Back