• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Spring - Tenn Retreat

Greetings & Blessings! :D

Just checking in to see who is planning on attending the upcoming Spring Retreat in Tenn? We are in Michigan and trying to discuss the possibility of making this trip. Figuring out expenses ie: distance, funding for gas & lodging, food etc. Can anyone here share any traveling tips, how long have some of you traveled to get to the retreats? Did any of you plan ahead, which is always wise of course, and start a savings jar/fund for the retreats? Is there some type of a ballpark figure of funding that is generally needed? I know we all come from different states and economic back rounds, but was just wanting to discuss details a little and throw some numbers around. Sometimes for me, thinking & discussing out loud with others helps to smooth out the planning process for me. ;) Also just wondering how many families here, live in Michigan or somewhere near Michigan that have been able to make it out to some or any of these retreats? Well I look forward to hearing back from some one as soon as time permits, as I do realize we all have busy lives! :) Take care & God Bless!

F.S.

We are planning on making the Tenn retreat, but details are not finalized regarding the setting of this particular retreat and will probably be made after the Branson retreat details are completed. But, the Tenn retreat should be a highly attended retreat due to the centralized location.

Paul

Hey there Paul,

Thanks much for responding. It would be great to be able to meet both you and your lovely wife DeeAnn. DeeAnn has been such a huge source of peace & encouragement to me! :D God truly has blessed you. Btw, I do realize that as far as details for the exact location & times go, that of course those aren't fully nailed down just yet.

I guess as I shared earlier, that I was referring more to tips or shared stories/examples & or advice, of how families in the past have saved, prepared & organized for such trips before. On an average, if anyone is comfortable to share, how much have these trips cost families (ballpark figure)? Again talking about these kinds of issues/details out loud with others, helps to calm my mind when planning for such a trip. Maybe it's more of "a girl thing/issues with planning, I guess?" LOL :lol: Thanks again for your timely & kind response. God Bless you & yours! :D

Warm Wishes,
F.S.

Re: Summer - Tenn Retreat

Plans have changed a bit. The Spring Retreat will be in Bronson, MO. The SUMMER Retreat, July 9-11, will be in Tn.

Having said that, figure on something like $35/person for food for the retreat, more or less 6 meals, Fri dinner to Sun Lunch. Usually an offering is taken to help with the cost of the facilities. That will differ from location to location. It was $400 at NY's. Offering isn't mandatory, but it helps.

Lodging can vary as well. At NY's, cabins were $130/night. There were nearby motels from $37-80/night, with commensurate quality. Some folks brought motorhomes or pop-up campers,, which of course will be easier in summer. Camping spots were something like $25/night.

Then you gotta figure gas and food back and forth. Maybe lodging if it's a long trip.

That's about it.

Hey there Cecil,

Thanks much for the helpful info & details! :D That's how most of us ladies brains work when trying to plan for trips & whatnot. :lol: It helps to calm down my over active ADD brain to be able to sit down & hash out details & numbers with others. As it helps me to focus and prepare better. Didn't mean to be an over-detailed bother or make extra work for anyone. So again, thanks much for taking the time to respond - Way cool & Very helpful! Guess I better get busy finding creative ways to save & plan ahead. Be God led & be Blessed. :D

Warm Wishes,
F.S.

Cec,

Where is the TN retreat going to be held? Me thinks the Bumbleberry Boyz need to start practicing the old soft shoe, ya know? :? Hope your hoof continues to be on the mend...

Shalom,
Ali yore Sis

alit53 said:
Where is the TN retreat going to be held?

Dunno. I suspect all focus is pretty much on March in Springfield at the moment. Tennessee in July will get focus after that.

At a guess, east of Nashville. Beyond that, we're looking for a location. If you know of someplace appropriate, by all means let us know.

Hey Cecil,

How about having the retreat near the Bates family? They're the other ginormous family that hangs out with the Duggar clan of 19 kiddos - LOL! Strict Southern Baptist families, hummm wonder if they'd welcome us? :lol: They are a pretty fun group of loving/God fearing great families all kidding aside. Too bad they didn't have the knowledge of the Full Gospel Message, the Truth about Biblical PM! Just think if these families had only 2 wives, they could start a whole other set of 12 tribes - LOL!! Especially seeing as each wife has given birth to 19 kids in one family, and the other 17! Btw, the Bates live in Tennessee. :D

F.S. ;)

Back