• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

STARTING A MINISTRY

adeolusodo

I am ready to start an independent ministry to reach out to the people in my country (Nigeria) and teach the undiluted word of God. I will be leaving my pastoral/priestly duties in the Anglican (Episcopal) church so as not to be distracted from this goal. There are two challenges I am facing and I want you all to pray on them with me. Firstly, my wife is yet to accept that plural marriage is right in this age though she says that the bible accepted for the people of old. This will cause a lot of problem for me in the independent ministry as I cannot count on the total support of my wife when it comes to teaching on marriage. Secondly, I need about $20,000.00 to be able to rent property to use as accommodation and an open clinic for reach-out activities. I presently live in the apartment provided by the church.
Thank you all. Shalom

Please ask your wife if she believes in evolution or creation? Creation teaches that we were created perfect millenia ago, and have gone DOWNhill since.

If she is a Creationist, and thus believes in DEvolution, than does it not follow that those folks of old, who walked and talked with God face to face, knew what was right better than we, who are having to figure it out from their writings?

She may or may not LIKE PM, but that isn't really the issue for any of us, is it? For many of us the determination to follow God's word and pursue an inclusive accepting view towards marriage has caused primarily trouble and upheaval.

But that's just the surface. The full reality is that in following where He leads, regardless of external cost, we are being blessed beyond measure. Invite her to jump on in and obtain the blessing for herself -- regardless of whether you actually marry another or not.

adeolusodo said:
I am ready to start an independent ministry to reach out to the people in my country (Nigeria) and teach the undiluted word of God. I will be leaving my pastoral/priestly duties in the Anglican (Episcopal) church so as not to be distracted from this goal. There are two challenges I am facing and I want you all to pray on them with me. Firstly, my wife is yet to accept that plural marriage is right in this age though she says that the bible accepted for the people of old. This will cause a lot of problem for me in the independent ministry as I cannot count on the total support of my wife when it comes to teaching on marriage. Secondly, I need about $20,000.00 to be able to rent property to use as accommodation and an open clinic for reach-out activities. I presently live in the apartment provided by the church.
Thank you all. Shalom

I will be praying for your wife and your new ministry ! :)

CecilW said:
Please ask your wife if she believes in evolution or creation? Creation teaches that we were created perfect millenia ago, and have gone DOWNhill since.

If she is a Creationist, and thus believes in DEvolution, than does it not follow that those folks of old, who walked and talked with God face to face, knew what was right better than we, who are having to figure it out from their writings?

Cecil, I've never heard it explained like that ! I like it ! :)
Blessings,
Fairlight

Back